Thread: annoying vast "issues"

Thanks

Default annoying vast "issues"

Firstly - whats with the "filler" music and video of random towns, and country scenery in the ad breaks ? (VERY ANNOYING) my daughter tells me that this does not happen in the city received free to air -- sound is dropping out occasionally for 20 - 30 seconds --box is still turning itself off and rebooting --- using the remote sometimes brings up A or B in the channel guide next to the listed program - then will not change channels - I think it has something to do with auto reminders ? -- What are bouquets ? -- the basic viewers guide I printed out does not explain things very well - cant wait for a decent STB to come onto the market - cheers

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

When Digital Terrestial started in Regional areas mid last year, they too had the 'Loop' running in the ad breaks and this is to do with advertising and some control operations still being sorted out but dont despair, you will have advertising like the Big Cities soon enough.
    This is exactly the same loop used by the terrestial digital untill they finalised their operations.

Is the sound drop out on all channels or specific programs ??
    As for the rebooting etc, I havent had that happening but I have noticed the STB doesnt like to be 'Speed' operated with the remote.
    Just be more direct pressing the remote and dont hassle it but if the problem continues, I would contact your installer/supplier of the STB.
    Forget about the 'Bouquets' , all they are is the area grouping of channels for your area, Like there is a NSW 'bouquet' Qld, Vic, SA etc and its 'Locked' to your area by the activation using your Post Code/Address.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 10-04-11 at 10:38 AM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (10-04-11)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

The music puts me to sleep. Can't wait for the adds.

If your box is doing the reboot thing check in the menu that you have the latest software upgrade:
    DSD SW 22103 (Feb 15 2011 -12.00.56)
    midware SW 22076 (Feb 15 2011 -12.00.56)
    Driver SW 22104 -dsd4121
    If you have the current software, then you may need to contact UEC to sort out your problem.

The (A) & (B) are reminders.

(A) is Autotune, will tune to that channel when that program time comes. (the VAST box needs to be left on for this to happen), usefull for recording program's to a seperate recording device when your asleep, out, watching a DVD or A*/Foxtel

(B) is Banner, which puts a reminder on screen when that program time comes.

Both are activated in the EPG by highlighting a future program & pressing the OK button, it is cyclic so pressing OK again will advance in the following order, (B), (A), Cancel.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

AJM (10-04-11)