Thread: C BAND dish install diagrams for COUNCIL

Thanks

Default C BAND dish install diagrams for COUNCIL

Does anyone have any C-Band engineering diagrams with wind rating if possible. A f***wit neighbour bitched to council about my 2.3m c-band mesh dish and now I need full diagram of install for council to approve it. It is currently mounted to the side of the house on a pole that has two metal brackets and then to timber in the roof with a u-clamp. The pole goes through the eaves of the house and then through a tile with lead flashing for waterproofing . The Dish obviously is on top of this. The top of the dish to ground level is about 6m and it is 1.5m away from all boundaries which is what council needs. The problem i am having is the dish I got is second hand and have no exact specs for it. I contacted a private certifier and they said i need the details of this dish( On the quiet he said any 2.3m dish details will do). Any help or even details of other peoples council dilemmas would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by randykilner View Post
    Does anyone have any C-Band engineering diagrams with wind rating if possible. A f***wit neighbour bitched to council about my 2.3m c-band mesh dish and now I need full diagram of install for council to approve it. It is currently mounted to the side of the house on a pole that has two metal brackets and then to timber in the roof with a u-clamp. The pole goes through the eaves of the house and then through a tile with lead flashing for waterproofing . The Dish obviously is on top of this. The top of the dish to ground level is about 6m and it is 1.5m away from all boundaries which is what council needs. The problem i am having is the dish I got is second hand and have no exact specs for it. I contacted a private certifier and they said i need the details of this dish( On the quiet he said any 2.3m dish details will do). Any help or even details of other peoples council dilemmas would be appreciated.
    surely if you browsed to a few manufactures sites they would have specs etc. Like Strong, Joysat to mention a couple. Google a few more I reckon.

Leroy

Thanks

It is currently mounted to the side of the house on a pole that has two metal brackets and then to timber in the roof with a u-clamp. The pole goes through the eaves of the house and then through a tile with lead flashing for waterproofing . The Dish obviously is on top of this. The top of the dish to ground level is about 6m and it is 1.5m away from all boundaries which is what council needs.
    Does the dish protrude more than 1m above your roof line?
    Many councils are allowing such installs of 1m above roof line, as part of the asthetic & street pleasing views for neighbours and general public. Beauricratic "BS" for 'we don't want to upset anyone and have them complain to council about it'.
    Maybe you should ask the neighbour if he/she has had their TV antenna achieve the Australian Standard of AS 1417.1-1987 : Receiving antennas for radio and television in the frequency range 30 MHz to 1 GHz - Construction and installation.
    Or
    AS 1170.2 Minimum Design Loads on Structures: Part 2: 1983, Wind Forces.
    AS 1394 Round Steel Wire for Ropes.
    AS 1650 Galvanized Coatings.
    AS 1768 Lightning Protection.
    AS 1882 Earth and Bonding Clamps.
    AS 2319 Rigging Screws and Turnbuckles.
    AS 3000 SAA Wiring Rules.
    AS 3100 Approval and Test Specification for Definitions and General Requirements for Electrical Materials and Equipment.

These came from the SAI web site:

If you can't reason with fools make 'em read lots of technical data to see how pointless it all is.

By the way do they have a swimming pool?
    During summer you could make noise complaints to the police.... sweet revenge!

Thanks

Well said Vmark, good reading too.

I remember TEN news coverage recently of the pirate bust, it showed a few scenes of C Band dish installs etc. Probably made some dumbarse think our OP is a pirate!
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Just get an umbrella CBand dome

Thanks

Default Interesting?

An umbrella?? Might look a little funny on a roof. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Still if any one has any council submitted plans I would greatly appreciate it. Has anyone else had any neighbour issues relating to dishes??

Thanks

Hehehe, you could have some fun with this.

Take down the C band and install a 65cm dish up there, take some photos and / or invite the council guy round to inspect it, sign off on it. Make a clerical error by saying to the guy it's a 85cm dish and on paper say it's an 85 inch dish.

When you get the all clear, put your 85" dish back up there and bob's your mothers brother.

Thanks

Here we go again,, What council are we talking about here.

As the man said, any set of spec's will do, it's all red tape and bullshit anyway. then when the guy comes round ask to see his qualifications to access the installation of a satellite dish and also ask him about his practical experience on the subject.

But don't try and reason with him and don't discuss it with him ether, Your only making the argument for him.. Any problems tell him you'll see them in court, then remind them that there has never ever been a successful prosecution for the installation of a satellite dish, and does he release they will be wasting rate payers money on this, And how does he intend to justify it to the rate payers when they loose.
    Quote this

That's the long answer, the short answer is tell them to Fook Off

5 Hampden Crescent.Heritage Park Qld 4118
    Thanks

The best policy is that one must ask the neighbours if they have a objection to the Satellite Dish.Once the neighbours r happy.no worry.
    But try to install the Dish about 90cm from any fence. n must not block any neighbour's viewings.
    thanks for reading this mail, n wish u all the best of health n wealth 4 u n yr familiy

Thanks

Tell the council you need dish for "religous and cultural reasons"