Thread: Security Merchants no longer distribute Inner Range?

Thanks

Default Security Merchants no longer distribute Inner Range?

Evening all, just read an email that states Security Merchants will no longer distribute Inner Range products from 4 August 2008. CSD will have exclusive distribution rights in Australia. What's up with that?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

mmm, got lots of friends at merchants, but if they really do lose the distributorship for concept and they are not somehow involved in this new company, then i think they could be in trouble.... I mean honestly, how many of us buy anything else from merchants apart from concept? Im not sure that I would really need to go there for anything else.....

Thanks

Yes its true, here is what they sent me. Check out their web link at the bottom.

So if you after a job, plenty job positions available. Wondering how many guys from SMA will be applying?

Changes to IR Distribution in Australia

Dear Valued Customer,

From August 4, 2008 there will be a change to the distribution of Inner Range products in Australia. After a long and very successful relationship with Security Merchants Australia Pty Ltd, the Directors' of Inner Range and Security Merchants have decided that both parties' interests would be best served by pursuing alternative partners in the Australian market.

The management of both companies acknowledge that much of their combined success in the Australian Security Market can be directly attributed to this partnership.

The Directors of Inner Range and Security Merchants would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all management and staff in both organisations, both past and present for their efforts in promoting this successful relationship.

Inner Range products will continue to be sold exclusively by Security Merchants Australia Pty Ltd until August 1 2008.

On August 4 2008, a new company Central Security Distribution (CSD) will begin selling Inner Range products in Australia.

Both parties would like to re-assure our joint customer base that the reliable supply of Inner Range product will be maintained during the transition period to CSD.

Inner Range products will continue to be sold exclusively in New Zealand by Security Merchants.

Kind regards
    Inner Range Pty Ltd

CSD TO DISTRIBUTE INNER RANGE IN AUSTRALIA

Central Security Distribution Pty Ltd (CSD) are a new one stop wholesale security supplier offering a complete range of products in Access Control, Alarms, and CCTV.

Starting August 4 2008 CSD will be the exclusive distributor of Inner Range product in Australia. CSD will open in August with branches in every state of Australia

CSD’s vision is to set a new benchmark for customer and technical support in the Australian wholesale security industry.

Over the coming months CSD will announce partnerships with the worlds leading security brands offering a full range of products covering Access Control (Integrated Panels, Readers , Locks etc ) ; Security (Intruder Panels , Detectors , Sirens etc) and CCTV (Cameras , IP Cameras , DVRs , NVRS)

See for more information

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ev351 View Post
    mmm, got lots of friends at merchants, but if they really do lose the distributorship for concept and they are not somehow involved in this new company, then i think they could be in trouble.... I mean honestly, how many of us buy anything else from merchants apart from concept? Im not sure that I would really need to go there for anything else.....
    gee I heard today that security merchants are a step ahead and will be releasing two new products within the near future so just keep your eyes and ears open. Nothing like a new products to add to our collection. Yes there are plenty of new jobs available in all states with the newly formed company most likely a offspring from Inner Range as who else would open up new branches Australian wide from scratch selling Inner Range products after Security Merchants.

I have been know to be wrong at times so just wait and see.

Thanks

I was told on Friday the directors are Vinny Lopez (IR Director), Doug Fraser (IR Director) an Mark Cunnington (IR GM) so that says it all. Did Vinny not own SM initially ?

So that would be..... Sell It (The wholesaler), sit around for a while (making panels and sell to your old business the wholesaler) then pull the rug from under the guys you sold too and at the same time set up everywhere else back in business as the wholesaler. This is where business and ethics become clouded I say. A bit like sell your lines wait a while and take them back, although not quite the same in this case.

I heard SM are a bit smarter and a little more prepared but some other wholesale players see it as the start of the end of the aging giant.

The competition squeeze no doubt is on and lets see who runs out of cash first. In the mean time boys I reckon we get ready for some cheap alarm parts and offers from all manufacturers for a while as they try and punish the new (old) player for entering their space.

That's My 2 cents (with inside info) worth.

Thanks

Sm do have other good products that people seem to not even batt an eye lid too, for example the magellan panels are rock solid wireless systems perfect for a renter / apartment or for those installations where cabling is virtually impossible, i have installed about 4 been back to NONE

Thanks

I think they were way ahead of IR, I heard they had planned to introduce the new product since prior to ASIAL last year. Those of you that visited the Sec Merch stand would have noticed a distinct lack of IR brochures in the show bags or on the stand. (I know I did) If part of agreement was to promote concept, then you would have to call that a breech

If I was IR that would have given me a bit of an insight into where things were going... hey maybe thats what happened, IR twigged and put their own infrastructure in place just in case. Sound business thinking if thats how it happened, I mean what better way to get your product out and get it promoted the way you want it promoted than to do it yourself.

I am sure there is a lot of politcal mumbo jumbo that is being bandied around so I guess only those at the top of the chain know exactly what happened.

I for one will not be going down the path of learning another product at this point. Good luck to those that jump ship

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneytech View Post
    I was told on Friday the directors are Vinny Lopez (IR Director), Doug Fraser (IR Director) an Mark Cunnington (IR GM) so that says it all.
    Its an interesting take on how advertising can be manipulated.

If you read the advertising blurb you will note that IR is looking forward to a successful and rewarding partnership with CSD.

If the CSD ownership is true...which most believe it to be....then the advertising is actuall saying that IR is looking forward to a successful and rewarding partnership with themselves.

I would say that SM with their backing are well positioned to take advantage of the situation.

Thanks

on the about us page -
    Central Security Distribution Pty Ltd (CSD) is a new affiliate company of Inner Range Pty Ltd, offering a complete range of products in Access Control, Alarms, and CCTV.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Brainer View Post
    I would say that SM with their backing are well positioned to take advantage of the situation.
    Hey, maybe they will take on the Direct Wireless product now that they wont have the fratech one

Thanks

Hey, you never know. One door closes and another one opens.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jammedit View Post
    on the about us page -
    Central Security Distribution Pty Ltd (CSD) is a new affiliate company of Inner Range Pty Ltd, offering a complete range of products in Access Control, Alarms, and CCTV.
    CSD is owned by IR. Which is pretty unfortunate for SM as they did all the hard work to build up IR to where it is now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    CSD is owned by IR. Which is pretty unfortunate for SM as they did all the hard work to build up IR to where it is now.

Dig a liddle deeper you may find SMA was partly owned by I.R some time back........

I personally don't think SMA did anything to build up the I.R brand name, considering I spend over 15k per month with them they don't even care about their customers, last time rep was in town rang 2 hrs before leaving....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manicretep View Post
    Dig a liddle deeper you may find SMA was partly owned by I.R some time back........

I personally don't think SMA did anything to build up the I.R brand name, considering I spend over 15k per month with them they don't even care about their customers, last time rep was in town rang 2 hrs before leaving....
    And how much do you think that ir contributed to building up their ir brand name in the market place. There is two sides to every story and now the dust has settled you will find out there is more to this story than what was originally put out.
    Yes i do agree 100% with with you re the reps/customer comments.
    Ir will now need to invest a few million if they want to advance and play catch up against sm's new product.
    It looks like interesting times ahead and it will certainly test where some loyalities currently lay.

Thanks

I disagree,

I got a iq codepad which was refurbished and sma wtd to charge, CSD just gave it to me after I told them what SMA did,

They got my vote...

I.R wont have to invest anything, who ever supports concept will not go to parapox

and your saying theyll then relearn a new panel, waste all those $$$$$$$$$$ off training, come on..

damn there are fools out there but heck lets get a grip, sma's just playing scaremonger...

JOKES>..

this industry is so farrrrrkkkkked its not funny, hahah didnt you read the latest asial mag.. wot a fkn joke...

loyalities, smoyalties
    no such thing in this day and age, every bodys out for themselves and thats it...