Thread: Loading maps .............

Thanks

Default Loading maps .............

Need help with my Garmin Nuvi 760. I disconnected the Nuvi from my laptop, turned the Nuvi off then restarted it. It starts to load and gets to the point of Loading maps....... then shuts down. If I connect it to the laptop and start it up the Loading map......... just goes on and on.
    I've tried to use the recommended service start procedure of pressing the bottom right of the screen while restarting and that doesn't work.
    Any suggestions!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Obviously no one has any ideas on how to fix this problem, so the whole is going into the bin.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Seems a little drastic, to toss it.
    Have you tried contacting Garmin Tech support by email for a way to do a factory reset
    Possibly when you disconnected it, data transfer was still in progress, which could have corrupted some files on the unit.

Good luck.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mailstrom650 View Post
    Need help with my Garmin Nuvi 760. I disconnected the Nuvi from my laptop, turned the Nuvi off then restarted it. It starts to load and gets to the point of Loading maps....... then shuts down. If I connect it to the laptop and start it up the Loading map......... just goes on and on.
    I've tried to use the recommended service start procedure of pressing the bottom right of the screen while restarting and that doesn't work.
    Any suggestions!
    Check out the GPSPassion Nuvi forum here:

They have cures for continual reboot problems. These can be caused by bad firmware update or faulty map program etc.
    If you can get it into usb mode you can just delete maps which may be corrupted.
    If not, you will need to get into preboot mode and load a 'cure' firmware that will stop your unit trying to load map and then you will be able to connect in usb mode to reload your map or replace firmware.
    Plenty of info/help on how to do all this.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fringe For This Useful Post:

mailstrom650 (20-06-11),Tiny (15-05-11)

Thanks

Fringe - thank you so much. I found the solution on the GpsPasSion Forums as you suggested. Had to reload the firmware through a downloaded software app.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mailstrom650 For This Useful Post:

Tiny (21-06-11)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,652 Posts

Cool

Well done, thanks for letting us know that all was not lost, problems are only opportunities to find a solution.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."