Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vast wa

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smacca View Post
    Now he's backtracking, subtly hinting he was wrong. Usual tactic, seen it a dozen times before.

Great description of him! Couldn't have said it better.

He doesn't know jack shit!
    Maybe he doesn't know jack.... but must surely be closely-related to Fulla Shit!

Perhaps his behaviour is attributed to the subsequent lack of oxygen where his head seems to spend most of it's time.

Thanks

cheers for all of this guys, its been a bit of help.
    I just want to know why we have to wait so long for this switchover. our WIN, ABC and GWN is starting to drop out, we can hardly see GWN for some bloody reason, tried everything!
    I would like to just get Aurora until the switchover, but then i have to fork out for another damn set top box!, WHY CANT THEY JUST DO BOTH!!!!!?????

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,096 Times in 424 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by countryWA View Post
    cheers for all of this guys, its been a bit of help.
    I just want to know why we have to wait so long for this switchover. our WIN, ABC and GWN is starting to drop out, we can hardly see GWN for some bloody reason, tried everything!
    I would like to just get Aurora until the switchover, but then i have to fork out for another damn set top box!, WHY CANT THEY JUST DO BOTH!!!!!?????
    What town/city are you in?

| www.SatTVGuide.com.au |

Volunteer, non-profit online TV guides for VAST viewers.

Thanks

Not sure if this is relevant, but somebody semi permanent in caravan park 100 plus kms North of Perth told me that people in the area (not VAST obviously) had been offered full VAST channels plus decoder for $450, based on Eastern states setup allowing all channels..., with smart card inserted, not sure which though.

Anyone else heard of this ?
    Last edited by jamesv; 13-05-11 at 01:53 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesv View Post
    Not sure if this is relevant, but somebody semi permanent in caravan park 100 plus kms North of Perth told me that people in the area (not VAST obviously) had been offered full VAST channels plus decoder for $450, based on Eastern states setup allowing all channels..., with smart card inserted, not sure which though.

Sounds like a travellers setup which anyone can get. If it is based on eastern states then the programs will be 2 hours ahead of WA, except for ABC and SBS. $450 would need to have a dish included.

Thanks

doesn't sound very above board to me, but who cares if it works
    people will always try to make money and others will try to get it cheaper/ better etc

Thanks

Default Could PVR rego be a problem.

Looks like you will have to supply your Vast card # , your name and address and registration # to get the key to be ale to use the UEC pvr when its available. These will have to be the same as the orginal activation, I would think.
    Just wondering, have these black market UEC suppliers been able to supply all the above to details to the buyers to enable them to get the key to use the PVR. Will who ever Activated UEC be willing to also give you their name and address so you can get the PVR key. Could turn out to be a bit of upset for those who have brought one of the black market UECs.
    Just saying. Was offered one but until the dust settles I think I'll wait. Over 400 $ for a box that maybe will never be able to record, ouch!
    PS: Has any registered for warranty and received a reply back at all?
    Last edited by lurk_relurking; 13-05-11 at 10:35 AM.

Thanks

Funny, I have a Aurora card registered in a black spot area in WA, and all I get at this stage is the ABC and SBC.

For your information on the Vast site it says that I am eligible Vast Satellite

From their site

If you are already receiving the commercial services via the ‘Aurora’ satellite television services or if you intend to travel through remote Western Australia areas you can apply for access to the interim service.

Then they say.

WESTERN AUSTRALIA: PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS FOR COMMERCIAL SERVICES OF VAST ARE NOT YET BEING PROCESSED AND AS SUCH THESE SERVICES WILL NOT BE AUTHORISED FOR AN APPLICATION FROM WESTERN AUSTRALIA - ABC AND SBS MAY STILL BE REQUESTED.

VAST Satellite Decoder Registration.

Prior to the review of your eligibility your decoder will be activated with the ABC & SBS Channels only. Please ensure your decoder is turned on and that you can already receive Channel 800. This will ensure that you receive the activation after submitting this form.

Jesus, I wish these fools can get this right, so confusing.
    1 x VU+ Duo HD Twin Tuner PVR, 2 X AZbox HD, 2 X Opticum 9500 HD, Unotelly DNS & VPN, 2 X Roku Media players, 3 X WD-TV Media Players, and some shitty Vast STB's

Thanks

I don't know if you are having the problem I was but here goes. Got the UEC and activated it. When doing setup it informed me a firmware update was available over the air. I clicked no and finished the setup. Checked, all stations as expected.
    I then went to menu and installed the OTA update and lost all but ABC and SBS. I went to the Mysat site reactivate page and entered the card number etc and pressed reactivate and it did. Got the all the available stations back after a very short wait. This is the Reactivation page not the Activation page.BYMMV..

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sat 49 View Post
    Funny, I have a Aurora card registered in a black spot area in WA, and all I get at this stage is the ABC and SBC.
    I am a bit confused by this posting as to why you havent got the 2 commercial channels available in WA in a registered 'Black Spot' unless you havent applied to them for activation ?

As for VAST, that for WA area viewers is still a can of worms from the postings.
    Unfortunately you cant pre apply to VAST without buying a STB to see if you are elidgable for all the channels, what there is of them as I gather WA viewers are not yet getting the full suite of commercial channels.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Gordon,

I have applied to have them activated twice still only ABC and SBS WA

And checked my address twice on the Vast site it says that I am eligible Vast Satellite.

Stuffed if I know what is going on with these idiots.
    1 x VU+ Duo HD Twin Tuner PVR, 2 X AZbox HD, 2 X Opticum 9500 HD, Unotelly DNS & VPN, 2 X Roku Media players, 3 X WD-TV Media Players, and some shitty Vast STB's

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I am a bit confused by this posting as to why you havent got the 2 commercial channels available in WA in a registered 'Black Spot' unless you havent applied to them for activation ?

As for VAST, that for WA area viewers is still a can of worms from the postings.
    Unfortunately you cant pre apply to VAST without buying a STB to see if you are elidgable for all the channels, what there is of them as I gather WA viewers are not yet getting the full suite of commercial channels.
    Yeah, you can. I did. They treat a pre-authorisation as a real one, assess it as need be, etc.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sat 49 View Post
    Stuffed if I know what is going on with these idiots.
    Mate, it's an absolute joke. I sent them an "email" from their contact page asking why the information on MySwitch is contradictory. Typically, they replied with the usual press release jargon. I laughed-out-loud when I saw the bolded bit below:

Dear Sean

Thank you for your enquiry to the Digital Switchover Taskforce. I apologise for the delay in replying.

The Australian Government is taking action to facilitate a smooth transition from an analog to a digital environment well before switchover occurs in each switchover area.

Minister’s announcement on satellite television services

On 5 January 2010, the Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, announced that the Australian Government will fund a new digital television satellite service for viewers who are unable to obtain adequate reception of their local digital television terrestrial services.

The new Government-funded digital satellite service will carry the full suite of free-to-air television channels in all regions of Australia. This will for the first time mean that people in regional and remote Australia will have access to the same number of channels as is available in capital cities. This will include channels providing Seven, Nine and Ten services, and the related commercial digital-only channels, such as 7TWO, GO! and ONE HD. Local regional commercial news bulletins will be available via a dedicated news channel. Further details about this news channel are being developed by broadcasters and will be announced in due course.

All state-based ABC and SBS services, including ABC2 and ABC3, SBS TWO and the new ABC 24 hour news channel, when it launches, will also be carried on the satellite.

The Government is currently in consultation with broadcasters about arrangements to implement the new satellite service. Further information about accessing the new service will be made available when arrangements are finalised and will be published on . The services will be available prior to switchover in your area.

If the enquiry is about South Australia use this paragraph: The Government is currently in consultation with broadcasters about arrangements to implement the new satellite service and additional terrestrial digital service. Further information about accessing the new services will be made available when arrangements are finalised and will be published on . The services will be available prior to switchover in your area.

The Government will provide a satellite conversion subsidy to eligible households currently served by self-help sites that are not upgraded to digital by the broadcasters, to meet part of the cost of conversion.

You can find the Candidate list of self-help sites proposed for upgrading by broadcasters on the Digital Ready website .

On 14 April 2010, the Minister announced the agreement between the Australian Government and broadcasters Southern Cross Media and Imparja to establish a joint venture company, Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST) that will provide digital TV services to viewers in eastern Australia who cannot receive terrestrial digital TV.

The satellite service will be available for the Mildura/Sunraysia region as the first region to switch over to digital-only TV on 30 June 2010.

To access the VAST service, viewers will need to purchase a new satellite set top box with an access ‘smart card’, a satellite dish and cabling.

The signal from the Eastern VAST service will be covering the Eastern states, South Australia and the Northern Territory. A satellite service for Western Australia viewers is currently under negotiations.

The standard definition signal will cover two separate areas in two different time zones: (i) viewers in NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania will be provided with a common signal based on Sydney time; and (ii) viewers in Queensland and the Northern Territory will be provided with a common signal based on Brisbane time. The high definition signal will be a common signal provided on Sydney time throughout the Eastern VAST.

Accordingly, the content is not State based but rather will be based on the full suite of digital channels provided by commercial licensees with some changes permitted in certain cases.

Eastern VAST viewers will be able to watch their local news through a dedicated news channel. State based ABC and SBS news services would also be available on their respective channels.

A satellite service for Western Australian viewers, using the same Optus platform, is currently under negotiation with the remote area commercial TV licensees in Western Australia (Prime and WIN Television).

You can find further information about the new satellite service for digital TV on the Digital Ready website . The Digital Ready website is available detailing updates and further information on Australia’s digital television transition as announcements are made.

The Digital Ready information line operates 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm (AEST) via a free-call number 1800 2010 13 to provide advice in relation to switchover across Australia. If you have further enquiries, please call the Digital Ready information line.

Kind regards

Digital Switchover Taskforce

-----------------
    Sent: Thursday, 12 May 2011 3:43 PM
    To: switchover@dbcde.gov.au
    Subject: Satellite service for digital TV

Hi,

I'm enquiring about the information you're giving to "eligible" Western VAST applicants on the MySwtch website. I'm a little confused with the information. It has recently changed and I have noticed a lot of what's stated is conflicting. You're telling eligible applicants that they can apply now for interim services, but at the same time telling them they can't. Can you please email me back? Regards Sean.
    My query was about WA services and their reply literally contained no information at all. Bloody useless.
    Last edited by Smacca; 13-05-11 at 06:54 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

An article appeared in today's Kalgoorlie Miner. It was about DTV in the area and they made mention of a company called WASatCo. I wonder what their involvement will be, and if the formation of this "company" has caused MySwitch to revert all their information? No links as the Miner didn't put this article online.

Thanks

It is the normal shit, they reply to inquiries, they must think we are as stupid as they are

Mate, it's an absolute joke. I sent them an "email" from their contact page asking why the information on MySwitch is contradictory. Typically, they replied with the usual press release jargon. I laughed-out-loud when I saw the bolded bit below:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesv View Post
    Yes, this is true.
    I know a person who has bought a $450 VAST box from a similar supplier. When I told them the real RRP, they were not happy at all.
    But he got the channels he wants.

No dish or anything else supplied, just the box and card.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Hi I got a vast box authorised yesterday and it took about 2 minutes for pics to channels ,I was expecting atleast a couple of hours .sorry wrong thread should be in vast info
    Last edited by wazza811; 14-05-11 at 08:30 AM. Reason: wrong thread

Thanks

Default Traveller access to WA Vast ?

I already have a vast stb but registered to Eastern states bouquets as a traveller, does anyone know if I can now apply for a WA travellers registration ?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    I already have a vast stb but registered to Eastern states bouquets as a traveller, does anyone know if I can now apply for a WA travellers registration ?
    Submit another application form, noting you are travelling in WA.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    If you go to the online registration form you will see it says
    "Selecting a state will determine what services are enabled on your decoder.
    Western Australia travellers are now eligible for WA services."

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast