Thread: Strange and Unusual Things

Thanks

Default Strange and Unusual Things

There once existed a small curio shop in Subiaco just west of the Perth CBD calling it's self Strange Apparatus, a gallery of strange and unusual things. A fantastic little shop with all sorts of oddities such as the . All that remains of this odd little place is . A good read and some fantastic links if old school technology and chemistry is of interest.

of the links found there in.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

beer4life (24-04-11),MalleyFowl (25-04-11),weirdo (24-04-11)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Even today with all our High Tech equipment and knowledge I dont think we fully understand nor can accurately measure changes in Barometric Pressure which is very closely linked to weather changes.
    Not always accurate but after living in a rural farming area for nearly 50 years that Livestock do react to changes in the weather pattern.
    Some Migraine suffers are unfortunately for them, also good indicators of comming weather changes.
    Reading that Weather Glass would take some practise in judging the clarity of the liquid to make a determination of forthcomming weather but it would be better that nothing.
    The only thing I know thats 100% accurate is the weather Rock hanging outside on a cord, When its Dry, its Fine, Wet is Raining, Swinging is Windy and if you cant see it, its either been pinched or its Night Time !!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Very cool indeed!
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination