Thread: Opinions please

Thanks

Default Opinions please

Have a 6kVa UPS I'm going to wire up to the house elec system with the purpose of suppling my home PC stations with ups power.

The UPS also has EMI/RF filtering.

Anyway my stumbling block is wether to run some ccts to supply my tv's, sound and home theatre systems.
    I've heard that these systems dont perform well with the modified power from the UPS and I'm better off suppling them with the standard 'dirty' 240v but just using a very expensive filter. This might have just been a ploy for a particular filter manufacturer or is it fair dinkum.????

Feel free with your comments, as I'm a bit sceptical with the last paragrapgh.

Cheers.

Look Here ->

Thanks

Think you've been spun a yarn mate. UPSs are fine to run TVs, amps etc. They run computers after all. Just bare in mind that even with a 6kVA unit you won't get a great deal of up time once mains has failed.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

ATOMICPUNK (03-05-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Think you've been spun a yarn mate. UPSs are fine to run TVs, amps etc. They run computers after all.

Just bare in mind that even with a 6kVA unit you won't get a great deal of up time once mains has failed.

Thanks for your reply...

Wasn't so much about runnin tv's etc or not, supposedly the sound produced from stereo systems in particular isnt as good when powered via UPS or so they said....anyway....

Wanted to run the TV's etc via the ups for the fact of EMI/RFI filtering together with the ups option,
    as for backup time, its not my intention to run on ups power for extended periods, just i would prefer the oportunity to shut things down how I want not when the shitty supply wants to, as we have outages here wether small or large a least twice a week,
    for longer outage periods I have a genset, and the ups anyway has a provision for external battery connection for added time.