Thread: Flash cart for DSi XL for a n00b

Thanks

Question Flash cart for DSi XL for a n00b

I upgraded the firmware on my DSi XL last night. Probably stupid thing to have done, but I was just playing with the settings and connected it to the wireless for the first time (after 12 months of owning it) and then did it without thinking.

Now my R4i Gold doesn't work. From my Google searching it would seem that this is to do with the latest firmware update.

Can anyone recommend to me the best brand/model to purchase for ease of use for a n00b? Basically I just like it to work nice and simply, I can follow the instruction guide (usually) to get it working, but I don't have any desire to customise it/modify it or go any further.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Not sure there is any support for R4 seeing as everyone is cloning them.
    I've never had an issue(nor my customers) using the Acekard 2i...good support 2
    PrecisionMods

Thanks

have you tryed updating the R4i Gold Firmware..? sometimes its hard to find the right firmware becasue of all the copys of them.

If you have the box that the R4 came in there should be an web address Go there and get the updated firmware.

Thanks

If you know anyone else that has a different brand r4, you should ask to test it and you might find this to work and maybe even swapping chips if they are a good friend.
    But Im not sure if it will work long time
    I did this 4 weeks ago and mine is still working
    Last edited by forbirun; 11-05-11 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DND View Post
    have you tryed updating the R4i Gold Firmware..? sometimes its hard to find the right firmware becasue of all the copys of them.

If you have the box that the R4 came in there should be an web address Go there and get the updated firmware.
    Do this, more than likely you will get the right firmware update for your particular card from the supplier.

Thanks

Yeah I have downloaded ( ) and transferred the latest v 1.60 B kernel (it was only released 3 days ago on 11 May 2011) to the TF card, but I still get the following when I turn it on and try to access the Flash Cart:

An error has occurred.
    Press and hold the POWERR
    Button to turn the system off.
    Please refer to the Nintendo DSi
    Operations Manual for details.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twr7cx View Post
    Yeah I have downloaded ( ) and transferred the latest v 1.60 B kernel (it was only released 3 days ago on 11 May 2011) to the TF card, but I still get the following when I turn it on and try to access the Flash Cart:
    That's because the cheap R4I gold is not compatible with your DSI's firmware.
    You may have gotten old stock which hasn't been upgraded ( I see the website says now supports 1.41).

Just incase you ask, the update goes on the chip inside the card, not on the microSD and its not upgradable in those cheaper flashcarts, so everytime a new firmware is released for the console you need to buy a new cart.

Go for a upgradable cart like a M3i Zero / Supercard

Thanks

So what to replace it with?
    AceKard 2i, CycloDS iEvolution, M3i Zero or SuperCard DS TWO?
    From what I understand the CycloDS iEvolution is the most advanced, but doesn't really function properly yet for all it's full features?
    Which is going to be simplist to setup and use and most future proof to prevent having to purchase a new one with every firmware update?

Thanks

If I had to pick one I would say DSTWO, M3i zero whilst a popular card, updates are extremely slow (I gave up and went supercard route, havent looked back since)
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

Thanks

Well thats two votes to SuperCard, one to M3 and one to AceKard.
    From what I've read and understand the SuperCard is one of the latest generations and is meant to work pretty quick, so might give it a go then.
    Thanks for the help.