Thread: Dgt400

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

Default Dgt400

Was there ever publically available, Firmware or firmware loaders for the DGT400. If yes and you've got a copy, could you please 'PM'

Or does someone know which loader EGDnupman) works with the DGT400. Thinking of downloading off decoder and reconfig.

I know there better off being doorstops, so I dont need to hear that a 100 times

I'm also having trouble getting into menu (or anything). Dont have a remote and trying to use a universal. Problem is the decoder immediately scans for freq (which are all wrong 29450 instead of 27800) and I believe I need to 'stop' scan or 'exit' scan. When I try the universal (which is a beauty and has work for all my components) and auto search the code it fails. I believe I need to have it setup right to be able to exit/stop scan. Becoming a bit hard to get the right code because of this.

Even the 4 buttons on the front wont work while it's scanning. Is there a trick/reboot etc by pressing these buttons in a certain config while starting??

Any help would be good. (I'm aware they're now crap, but I should at least be able to turn the bloody thing on.)
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saintaholic View Post
    Was there ever publically available, Firmware or firmware loaders for the DGT400. If yes and you've got a copy, could you please 'PM'

Or does someone know which loader EGDnupman) works with the DGT400. Thinking of downloading off decoder and reconfig.

I know there better off being doorstops, so I dont need to hear that a 100 times

I'm also having trouble getting into menu (or anything). Dont have a remote and trying to use a universal. Problem is the decoder immediately scans for freq (which are all wrong 29450 instead of 27800) and I believe I need to 'stop' scan or 'exit' scan. When I try the universal (which is a beauty and has work for all my components) and auto search the code it fails. I believe I need to have it setup right to be able to exit/stop scan. Becoming a bit hard to get the right code because of this.

Even the 4 buttons on the front wont work while it's scanning. Is there a trick/reboot etc by pressing these buttons in a certain config while starting??

Any help would be good. (I'm aware they're now crap, but I should at least be able to turn the bloody thing on.)
    Don't know if it was *publicly* available, but it was around many years ago. Problem was that you could only upgrade firmware versions, not downgrade. At least one member I know of was able to downgrade by removing the flash memory chip and reprogramming it that way. I had a look at the firmware loader and from memory gave up because it used heavy encryption and checksums to prevent unauthorised 'tinkering'.

ag
    Energy is the father of creation

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

You have got to be kidding.......... they were made of wood weren't they?.... These IRDs had the best picture of just about any I ever had.

Try 2878 or 4252......Jeez..this is taxing my fading memory...

The firmware that you want is L140...this works as I did it myself a few times, BUT, I can't remember how. You may need Windows 98.

Connect through a serial and run the exe....I think with power off on the IRD. Then turn it on at some stage through the process...sorry, can't remember any more...

Good Luck
    enf
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Thanks for that
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Agarol is correct....you can only upgrade ....its amazing what a memory jogger can do, even for an old guy like me...

And yes, you can replace the flash with an L140 one as I did this too....a member of this forum reprogrammed a couple for me...worked a treat, although removing the old one was a pain...

Cheers
    enf
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

yes, these work fine on id2/fta with the right firmware.

yan (yantech), who makes card splitters, was buying them up and reflashing them with pace firmware from thai pace boxes. They work fine with this firmware on ubc thailand.....

he was paying $20 to $30 on ebay for them, flashing them and selling them for use on ubc.

To get the firmware you would have to go to thailand, buy a box and upload it, assuming he doesn't mod the box to stop this. I tried to get the firmware from him ages ago, but no go....

And yes, I have personally been to his shop in Bangkok and seen aussie 'galaxy' paces running on ubc 1d2.....

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Excellent. I'll play with that firmware. I appreciate the response.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Tried loading via a Win98 setup and I'm getting 'cant find log' etc. Tried copying log, cfg, firm files straight to 'c' drive. No diff. The files it's asking for are in the same folder as TEMU. The baud rate for temu was 38400. I've tried adjusting my com1 to that and then changed cfg to 9600 etc etc.

Probably a brain strain for some.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Also (and mainly) I've had no luck with trying to setup a Universal remote. I believe this DGT400 has the latest firmware/Mod available on this unit, but with no Manuf remote makes it hard. Does anyone know any tricks in startup/bootup to bypass and go to menu etc. There are only 4 keys on the front. They do work as when i hold one down, the bootup tends to stall. All do it but I'm not getting anywhere.

I know it's been awhile for this unit. But it's the closest thing I've got to a legit decoder. My Strong, Dreamax, Coship, Gospell, Jerrod (Analoge) are not much good at the moment.
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Hey mate is the Dgt400 a Dreamax? If so I got a remote you can borrow
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Nah. DGT400 PACE

Thanks Besty. Got all my other remotes. I'll get the Ba#$@rd eventually. This just just makes it more fun. What else would I do on a Public Holiday

Cheers
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Super Moderator
    Thanks

If you have later firmware then the one I sent you won't work.....L152 was the latest I think...maybe 160....

BUT, if you pm me a snail address I will send you a remote as I found one in the garage.....

Even if you do barrack for effing Saint Kilda....

Cheers
    enf

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

Nah. DGT400 PACE
    I knew that LOL
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Thanks
    Thanked 2,228 Times in 582 Posts

Man...This brings back memories..the Pace DGT400..

As Enf says, the best picture of any receiver for the times.

i still have one with a remote...only 2 didget display shows its age.

Done all the mods to mine, i might still have all the doco's on HowTo stored somewhere on a CD.
    just don't ask how !! coz i can't bloody remember either..lol

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

Thanks
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Tried loading via a Win98 setup and I'm getting 'cant find log' etc. Tried copying log, cfg, firm files straight to 'c' drive. No diff. The files it's asking for are in the same folder as TEMU. The baud rate for temu was 38400. I've tried adjusting my com1 to that and then changed cfg to 9600 etc etc.

Probably a brain strain for some.
    The memory is still ticking....did you run it from DOS?....I think you have to.
    I don't remember ever adjusting baud rates....

Cheers
    enf

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks

I'm doing it through win98. Dos window comes up with TEMU. Ask for commands. No keys will enter.

I might wait now for remote and find out all is OK.

Then again!
    Cheers, Saintaholic

Thanks

Nah. DGT400 PACE

Thanks Besty. Got all my other remotes. I'll get the Ba#$@rd eventually. This just just makes it more fun. What else would I do on a Public Holiday

Cheers
    have a few spare dgt400 remotes here if interested