Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feed in Tariff to be slashed retrospectively.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Thumbs down Feed in Tariff to be slashed retrospectively.

I didn't think they could do this? Contracts signed not worth a crumpet?

60 cents down to 40 and looks as if some new connections to 20 cents.

Don't shoot the harbinger please.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beer4life For This Useful Post:

bodgie (13-05-11),MalleyFowl (13-05-11),marty 17 (13-05-11)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Always going to happen. And it will get worse.
    When I was a kid, I used to have an imaginary friend. I thought he went everywhere with me. I could talk to him and he could hear me, and he could grant me wishes and stuff too. But then I grew up, and stopped going to church.

Thanks

had to happen
    thanks barry

Banned

Thanks

Can I see a class action happening ??

• The Following User Says Thank You to marty 17 For This Useful Post:

bodgie (13-05-11)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

You can sue the Government untill your Great Grandkids are old and grey and it will be still sitting in the IN box at the bottom of the 'Aint Never gunna see the Light of Day' pile.
    This was pretty much a foregone conclusion based on the flawed premise of the whole system and a change of Government.
    The next step will be to see if there is a change to the compulsory (Smart)meter installation and whether they stay with the Dual Meter reading system, a single one or dump the whole shemozzle where it belongs, in the BIN !!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

Gregathome (13-05-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,203 Times in 391 Posts

I suppose we can expect other states to follow soon.

Well that's the end of new installs. A solar system can never pay for itself at 20c per kW.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

roughly, how many years was it going to take to pay for itself at the current rate?

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Depending on size of system and what state really

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Now if only I can get hold of a shit load of cheap Dig TV STB's to sell to the govn. lol
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Premium Member

Thanks

Do the Maths, if your were paying $2000 PA for electricity, what price is the cheapest system with or without subsidies to install.
    Several years ago a house here went solar/battery due to the extremly high cost of connecting to the grid. I am sure the owner told me it cost $28,000 without any subsidy which he did receive.
    Another fellow who lives in QLD said when he worked out the costs, it would take 15 years to recoup the initial outlay.

No need porkop, just be like Skybridge and take on the contract at $380 and sub it out at $84.
    I am sure you can soon find a container load for an all up price of $30 or less each to give to the subbies at $60 each your not a very good businessman..
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 14-05-11 at 02:03 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Yep, it sux, many people invested a PV Solar system based on a guarantee'd 60c per KW in legislation until 2016. Like myself, was a $10,000 out of pocked expense only a few month ago for a 3KW system fully installed/ grid connected. Based on 60c I would break even within 4-5years, or just under the 2016 cut off. Now I'll be losing 1/3 of that return,or $1000 per year for next 5 years, so $5000 out of pocket. At 40c it won't be paid for by 2016, will prob have to go Net feedin then, less again depending on elec prices then, so payback blows out to 6-7 years. And if they can change now so soon into the scheme, what's to stop them dropping again to 20c for all in 6 months time. Every solar owner will want this govt dumped! They put the 60c offer on the table to encourage solar - they should honour it than screw over those that have now committed. Class action as well I say..

Banned

Thanks

Default Different governments

Every solar owner will want this govt dumped!

This is unlikely as the people have just voted them in.

They put the 60c offer on the table to encourage solar

The previous labor government

Thanks

Solar owners are in the minority marty, So the present NSW government wouldn't be too worried about any backlash from that quarter.

Power, Water, Sewage and Roads should be the responsibility of the state governments.

So far I think NSW has sold off Power, Water and some roads, Maybe investors aren't interested in purchasing our sh!t.

• The Following User Says Thank You to MalleyFowl For This Useful Post:

marty 17 (14-05-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
    I suppose we can expect other states to follow soon.

Well that's the end of new installs. A solar system can never pay for itself at 20c per kW.
    None of the other states introduced this totally ridiculous unsustainable 60cent scheme , it's NSW that is finally following the other states not the other way around.

Thanks

Wink Au contrare mes ami.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    None of the other states introduced this totally ridiculous unsustainable 60cent scheme , it's NSW that is finally following the other states not the other way around.
    With all respect, methinks you should check your facts before posting such a misleading obfuscation of the supplied data.

Which State are you in? Quite a discrepency.

I may have a blind eye of course, but you do seem to have shut both yours.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

• The Following User Says Thank You to beer4life For This Useful Post:

marty 17 (14-05-11)

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post
    With all respect, methinks you should check your facts before posting such a misleading obfuscation of the supplied data.

Beer4life, I am not disputing your posting one bit because this is the advertising used to convince people to go Solar.
    I have said all along this 60 cent buy, 20 cent sell is completely unsustainable because someone somewhere has to meet the difference and it is never the Govt or the companies but the mug at the end of the line.
    Part of this meltdown is based on the Libs opposing a labor deal, good or bad and the mess Labor made selling off everything they could, not that the Libs didnt have similar ideas to do a sell off too but now the Libs are in Power its time to weild the Axe as they said they would when elected.
    The trouble is now it looks like the axe might just have a bigger blade and take more than was expected.
    Beware other States may decide to follow suit if it looks like a good idea.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 14-05-11 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks

Unhappy

Sorry Gordon if you misunderstood my swipe at "Joey", certainly was not aimed at you. All States under various guises, are equally responsible for this Fiasco.
    It would seem there are those that want to lay the blame elsewhere while pushing their own wheelbarrow.
    My tuppence worth is that it was an ill conceived and politically motivated program adopted by all States and Territories without recognition of the Financial Burdens imposed on the proletariat.
    AND as pointed out, it became an encumbrance on those least able to support it, those in rental properties that have had exorbitant increases in their Electricity charges to support the scheme.

• The Following User Says Thank You to beer4life For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (14-05-11)

Premium Member

Thanks

Beer4life, I certainly didnt think you were having a 'swipe' at me by any means and I am in total agreement with your comments.
    And as for your quoted 'Tuppenny Thoughts' , I think they are worth considerably more than that.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 14-05-11 at 09:11 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

beer4life (14-05-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beer4life View Post

You have the information right in front of you and you say I have my eyes closed ! you have yourself replied with a misleading obfuscation that you don't appear to understand. , I suggest you research the difference between Gross and Net feed in tariffs and the prices offered everywhere else before you jump on factual information.

As I said based on facts NSW is the ONLY state that offered the 60cents GROSS tariff with a system size of up to 10KW, every single KW the customer makes they are paid 60cents , Absolutely unsustainable!!
    At a 20cent Gross tariff NSW will get a return very close to that of other states when the difference between Gross and Net are calculated.

The next closest is Vic with a 60cent NET tariff which is a shit load different to Gross , it means in Vic you only get paid for the excess you make after your usage but you are only allowed a more realistic 5KW system.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joey For This Useful Post:

BillyGoat (15-05-11),HoochDaTank (09-06-11),LeroyPatrol (15-05-11),weirdo (15-05-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShaK View Post
    Yep, it sux, many people invested a PV Solar system based on a guarantee'd 60c per KW in legislation until 2016. Like myself
    Yep it definitely Sucks for the people not fortunate enough to be able to invest in Solar , the people least able to afford it have been hit with unnecessary price rises to cater for most of the people that couldn't give a hoot about the intentions of the scheme to begin with.

I think too many people are looking at Solar as a money making venture , stuff those who really have to foot the bill as long it makes them money.
    I doubt there would 10% of the existing systems currently installed if people did it to be responsible for their own energy usage or did it solely for environmental concern reasons , most are looking at Solar purely from an investment / return on investment standpoint , yet none of the subsidies, grants or buyback schemes were ever setup with that as a consideration.

The intention of subsidizing Solar was to encourage people to provide for their own usage needs ,to assist with growing demands on grids via clean energy and to reduce the amount of carbon emissions produced in Australia.
    All of this has and is being achieved but all we hear is people complaining how long it's going to take for their system to pay for itself , how much it cost them out of pocket and ultimately someone to blame "usually government" if their financial plan doesn't meet their scheduled time line.

How many people do we hear saying I saved the planet X amount of KG's of CO2 this week , I provided most of my own power and assisted in lessening the load on the grid ? Oh yeah and the government gave me thousands of dollars to do it!!
    It's the sellers of Solar and peoples greed that have fed the financial focus of solar , if peoples decisions were based on what Solar was designed for there would be very few systems out there like pre- subsidy days , now people get the whole setup for little or nothing and still carry on like they are hard done by!.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Joey For This Useful Post:

weirdo (15-05-11)

• Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast