Thread: 1 last question -1 dish or 2

Thanks

Default 1 last question -1 dish or 2

Hi,

So I am going to get a ku dish (or 2) im going to get a motorised one. I want to be able to get both setanta and selectv. I dont tend to record shows, and I will only be watching from one place. so i dont need to be able to have both channels on the go at the same time.

I also want to be able to see as many fta ku stations as possible.

Would i be best off with 1 motorised and 1 static dish? Or will just one motorised be ok?

thanks,

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Depends on if you want to wait for the motor to move when your channel surfing. If your watching a fox sport feed on AsiaSat4 and want to change channel to a Select TV channel, you are going to have to wait 30 seconds while the motor moves from AS4 to INTEL8. This means you will having nothing on your TV except a message saying moving motor until its locked on the sat its going to. Mind you moving from D2 to INTEL8 may only take 10 seconds.

Thanks

If it's 2 satellites and thats it I would just use 2 dishes. Less to go wrong and faster as mentioned above.
    Putting a motor up though allows a lot more flexibility in the sats available and they (the sats) can be added later without needing to go outside even.
    Slightly more expensive , reduced reliability slower changes and more difficult install being the down side.
    I have a motor btw.

Thanks

Raphec, add a 3-way LNB holder to the dish arm - use two of them only.

One LNG holder you set for IS8 (SelecTV), the other you set for Optus D2 (Setanta).

You fit a DiSEQ switch, say a 4-way type. The output goes to the decoder, LNB 1 you would make say IS8, LNB 2 you'd make Optus D2! The remaining two - you leave blank, or you might add that third, for say for Optus C1's FTA AlJazeera International, TVSN/EXPO:-)

Saves waiting for motor to adjust, and avoids having two dishes on the roof.

REM that Optus D2 has a couple of notable FTA's worth loading, in addition to Setanta; NHK World (this is the english version), Russia Today and press TV. See the Optus D2 list at Lngsat.

See the two lower LNB arms, choose that which fits your existing dish arm:-

Best to use an 85cm diam dish.
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks

[QUOTE=Keepleft; REM that Optus D2 has a couple of notable FTA's worth loading, in addition to Setanta; NHK World (this is the english version), Russia Today and press TV. See the Optus D2 list at Lngsat.[/QUOTE]

Keepleft, i just subscribed to a $14.95 per month Setanta via Fox on C1. Is it actually FTA on D2? Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I did this -

Leroy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamesv View Post
    Keepleft, i just subscribed to a $14.95 per month Setanta via Fox on C1. Is it actually FTA on D2? Cheers
    No sire, - its encrypted, but you can subscribe to them, (in your case being in a Foxtel area) - directly!! Good; if say a person simply wanted 'the channel' alone, and did not wish having to go through Foxtel, and pay extra subscription costs, to get it.

Another 'pay' example; On Intelsat 8ku (IS8), the same sat that carries SelecTV, one can subscribe to say NHK's Premium channel, as stand-alone-single channel subscription.

Leory;- Terrific pics re the 3-way LNB holder. Anyone who wants additional "free-to-air" reception, or wish to enhance say existing SelecTV install, should go for such an item.

It expands your viewing potential. Helps to keep an 'informed view' on news-events in the world, which are slowly becoming trickier . . . . .
    Last edited by Keepleft; 08-05-08 at 11:14 PM. Reason: I am very old and in need of much sleep.
    5th Wyking Panzer Division

Thanks

Thks m8, only problem via poxtel (who cannot arrange in your pox package) is I have extra box, used elsewhere and I thought I would get it on extra pox box.

No way, it is married to the actual card number so extra sub costs $14.95 per month.

You have to input pox card no (and credit card no) via online or phone to activate. 2 boxes = 2 subs @ 14.95...

Bullshiet is it not? unless someone knows how a work around - 1 farkin channel one stb in same (or different) house. 2 stbs + 2 subs

Wish there were keys for Dm500s that work.....

Think I will give satan-ta a miss, after euro 2008 is over..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    I did this -

Leroy
    Sorry Leroy,missed your post... r u saying u get it without sub? PM me please if conf....

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jamesv View Post
    Sorry Leroy,missed your post... r u saying u get it without sub? PM me please if conf....
    No, I was just giving raphec another option instead of a h-h motor.

Leroy