Thread: Is 2011 State of Origin in 3D?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Default Is 2011 State of Origin in 3D?

G'day all,

Does anyone know if the 2011 NSW vs Queensland State of Origin series will be broadcast in 3D? I managed to win a new LG 3D TV with the passive glasses and as yet do not have a 3D Blu-ray player to experience full 3D. I must admit that the 2D to 3D conversion feature actually works quite well (and the kiddies love it!). Knowing channel 9 they won't even broadcast their flagship sporting event in HD.

Cheers
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

some of those new south welshmen will think it is after getting hit by them queenslanders

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 Times in 490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    some of those new south welshmen will think it is after getting hit by them queenslanders
    G'day Mango,

You north of the border guys can smirk now, but I do remember the glory days when I attended the game at the SCG and Turvey Mortimer held the trophy aloft! A different story these days.
    "The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom." - Issac Asimov

Thanks

I havent heard anything about the state of origin in 3d this year. Im still hoping thou. As for true 3d you could always just download it and use an external hdd! Works for me and is cheaper and easier in the end and there is little quality difference.
    Stop being so stupid.. it’s my turn!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TVguy View Post
    G'day all,

Does anyone know if the 2011 NSW vs Queensland State of Origin series will be broadcast in 3D? I managed to win a new LG 3D TV with the passive glasses and as yet do not have a 3D Blu-ray player to experience full 3D.
    No, there's no 3D trial service running.
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?".

Member 23402 - an asset of NSW.

Thanks

NSW'S stunning Origin resurgence is poised to make next month's decider the year's most-watched TV show after almost four million fans tuned in to Game 2.
    Apparently we are in the minority and more people than this want to watch a good old 1950 movie on the HD channel.
    Contact channel nine and tell them to get rooted!