Thread: Ch 800, Change of 'Entitlement'

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Ch 800, Change of 'Entitlement'

I dont know when this appeared on ch 800 but it says that the VAST STB's that were sold with the ABC and SBS already authorised will lose those channels from May the 24th unless the stb has been registered with VAST.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi Gordon. The box I installed in Jan had both channels at outset. They would expire in ?? The last two boxes, a month ago, had no channels until registered. So somewhere along the line, there was a date for switch off of ABC and SBS unless registered which was alluded to in another post. Cheers.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Tasman, when I bought mine late January I thought the STB came with ABC/SBS already available but not so as they changed that arrangement late December, early January.
    This advise is to warn those whose STB's came with the ABC/SBS already enabled and HAVENT registered their VAST stb's yet that they MUST do so or off they go on the 24th of May.
    I would presume that those whose STB came with the ABC/SBS available, when they were registering the STB for the commercial channels, it would have also included the ABC/SBS but like everything, it wont hurt to check next Tuesday (24th) to ensure that the ABC/SBS are still there.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!