Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Australia Map 870.3406 IQ Routes ALG etc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02xdaaus View Post
    As a general rule TT Home will only see 1 version of the same map. So Yes. COPY the old map to an external source EG PC.

Please remember there are only three rules with Technology. BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP.

Cheers
    Thanks for that...deleted the old map and now see's just one of the other three new version I have on the SD Card.
    It has chosen 3402 for some reason, I think that is the one I selected out of the three when I started the Tom Tom.
    Very much appreciate your advise

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I ALWAYS backup the complete contents of the card before I attempt any changes.

It's best to only have one map on your card/device if you don't need others... especially outdated maps.

The same with any POI's and other functions you don't use.. turn off any you don't use as it can speed up loading time considerably.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DND View Post
    I have the older SD card version too

Then run "FastActivate" and select each button from left to right when finished restart the tomtom and thats it should be 100% working
    Is it possible that the FastActivate file only works with Pna's and NOT Pda's?
    I can get the Meta file to copy OK but it fails to locate the Map drive because PDA's SD card do not have a OS drive letter (which it seem to need) maybe unlike the Pna's.
    The Map and the ttsystem options fail as well I think because it can't find the pna.
    What am I doing wrong? What can I use to activate Maps, and TT Home on a PDA?

Teeny
    HTC P3600i TT 7917.8186

Thanks
    Thanked 1,836 Times in 408 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
    Is it possible that the FastActivate file only works with Pna's and NOT Pda's?
    I can get the Meta file to copy OK but it fails to locate the Map drive because PDA's SD card do not have a OS drive letter (which it seem to need) maybe unlike the Pna's.
    The Map and the ttsystem options fail as well I think because it can't find the pna.
    What am I doing wrong? What can I use to activate Maps, and TT Home on a PDA?

Teeny
    HTC P3600i TT 7917.8186
    This map cannot be used on a PDA, as seen in the compatibilty chart:

You need to use the 870.3391 map:

FastActivate works with PDAs. Connect PDA to PC first. Your PC must see your device as a disk drive. Do not use ActiveSync (or Windows Mobile Device Centre in Vista or Win 7). Be sure there is a ttnavigator.bif file in the root of the device or SD card.

If you can't see your device as a disk drive, then you must create the .dct file separately before adding it to the device. Make a new folder for eg. on your desktop, copy FastActivate.exe, ttnavigator.bif and *.meta. Run, update meta, activate map, then copy .dct file to the device map directory.
    TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5250
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5244

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DND View Post
    I have the older SD card version too

1. Get a new SD card for your TomTom, you only need a small one 512meg is plenty.
    (then you can keep your original for a backup)

2. Download this

3. Unrar the Navcore and copy it to the root of the New SD Card.

4. Download

5. Unrar the Australia Map and copy the map folder to the root of the new SD card.

6. Download

7. Unrar the Safety Cameras and copy the files "Safety_Cam_AU_TomTom" & "Safety_Cam_AU_TomTomOv2" into the map folder on your New SD Card.

8. Download

9. unrarunzip FastActivate and copy the FastActivate file to the root of your New SD Card.

10. Connect your TomTom to your Computer with the USB cable.
    When it asks if you want to connect the computer select "YES"

11. Go to My Computer and open the tomtom drive so you can see all the files.

Then run "FastActivate" and select each button from left to right when finished restart the tomtom and thats it should be 100% working
    I have the TomTom ONE 3rd Edition and cannot get this to work. It tells me that the map cannot be run on this device.

Where abouts in the steps would a reboot of the device need to take place to create the ttgo.bif file? Would this be before the FastActivate step?

Regards

Chris

Thanks

You can delete the ttgo.bif file at any time and when you reboot your tomtom it will create a new ttgo.bif file.

I don't think that's your problem though, it sounds like the map hasn't activated,

Double check to see if the right FastActivate is on your tomtom the older 1.7 version that was in that navcore will not work with the new maps.
    If you have downloaded the new 1.8 version copy it to your tomtom and over ride the old one and run it,
    Last edited by DND; 08-06-11 at 10:33 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saintyc View Post
    Where abouts in the steps would a reboot of the device need to take place to create the ttgo.bif file? Would this be before the FastActivate step?
    Yes, the ttgo.bif file should be there before you try and activate your map. A new ttgo.bif file is created each time you start your device as a standalone, not plugged into the computer.

So in the steps that DND gives above, before step 10. what you need to do is unplug it from the pc and boot the device with the SD card inserted. Ignore any error messages that may come up. Then shut it down and continue with the remaining steps.

If you leave out this important step, FastActivate won't be able to activate the map. This step is always necessary when doing a clean install.
    Last edited by lemonfish; 09-06-11 at 08:28 AM.
    TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 925.5412, Bootloader: 5.5244

• The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

DND (09-06-11)

Thanks

Good catch lemonfish I all ways for get about that.

Thanks

Cheers Guys, got it sorted.

One other question, is it possible to use the mapsettings.cfg file from my old map on this one? It doesn't look like it as when I copy it in TomTom just keeps rebooting itself when switchimg it on.

All I know was that last Australia map had Australia-61.meta, not sure of version number.

Thanks

Cheers Guys, got it sorted.

One other question, is it possible to use the mapsettings.cfg file from my old map on this one? It doesn't look like it as when I copy it in TomTom just keeps rebooting itself when switchimg it on.

All I know was that last Australia map had Australia-61.meta, not sure of version number.
    Yes, it's possible in most cases to save your favourites by transferring the mapsettings.cfg file from the old map into the new map folder. Here are the remaining steps required:

1) Patch Home using FastActivate, if you haven't done so already. Simply click on the 4th option called 'Home' in FastActivate.
    2) Run TomTom HOME and go to the Operate function (which may be called 'Operate My Device' or similar).
    3) Add a favourite, any address, it doesn't matter, as long as one is saved. You can always delete this later when your device boots up.

This little 'trick' actually saves the mapsettings.cfg in the correct format for this navcore.

All done! Let us know how it all goes...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemonfish View Post
    Yes, it's possible in most cases to save your favourites by transferring the mapsettings.cfg file from the old map into the new map folder. Here are the remaining steps required:

1) Patch Home using FastActivate, if you haven't done so already. Simply click on the 4th option called 'Home' in FastActivate.
    2) Run TomTom HOME and go to the Operate function (which may be called 'Operate My Device' or similar).
    3) Add a favourite, any address, it doesn't matter, as long as one is saved. You can always delete this later when your device boots up.

This little 'trick' actually saves the mapsettings.cfg in the correct format for this navcore.

All done! Let us know how it all goes...
    So, when the mapsettings.cfg is created is a case of copy and paste from the old file into the newly created one?

Chris

Thanks

So, when the mapsettings.cfg is created is a case of copy and paste from the old file into the newly created one?

Chris
    Yes, first copy paste the mapsettings.cfg file from the old map folder into the new map folder. But then you also need to do the remaining 3 steps, above, in order to get it to work.

Thanks

[QUOTE=lemonfish;402390]I just uploaded some new download mirrors:

(megaupload)

(sendspace)

(FileFactory)

My understanding this is the latest map?? Do I just need to delete my old map and load this one?? or do I need to load the navcore and go thru all the procedures again, any feedback is appreciated. Cheers..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GT351 View Post
    My understanding this is the latest map?? Do I just need to delete my old map and load this one?? or do I need to load the navcore and go thru all the procedures again, any feedback is appreciated. Cheers..
    Yes its the latest map version with IQ Routes and ALG

If you have put downloaded maps on your tomtom before you'll just need to delete the old maps and put the new one on and run FastActivate, (thats if you have the right navcore to match this version of maps)

• The Following User Says Thank You to DND For This Useful Post:

lemonfish (28-07-11)

Thanks

As DND says, this map will work with the right navcore - which is any version 8.2xx or higher.

Check your navcore version on your device menu under "Version Info".

Or you can open the ttgo.bif file with notepad, which will also show you the navcore version.

Thanks

As DND says, this map will work with the right navcore - which is any version 8.2xx or higher.

Check your navcore version on your device menu under "Version Info".

Or you can open the ttgo.bif file with notepad, which will also show you the navcore version.
    Thanks for the feedback guys, my navcore is 8.562 SE version so I believe it will work.

Thanks

Also will this map work on the following tomtom's.....XL 340, XXL 540 & tom tom start 10...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GT351 View Post
    Also will this map work on the following tomtom's.....XL 340, XXL 540 & tom tom start 10...
    XL 340 - Yes

XXL 540 - Yes

Start 10 - No, you won't be able to update maps for free with this model, because it uses the new Linux file system which Windows cannot see.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lemonfish For This Useful Post:

GT351 (28-07-11)

Thanks

XL 340 - Yes

XXL 540 - Yes

Start 10 - No, you won't be able to update maps for free with this model, because it uses the new Linux file system which Windows cannot see.
    Thanks lemonfish, champion!

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have a TomTom One.

I have followed the instructions here, and after reboot (after using FastActivate) it says 'No Map Found'.

I am then stuck there.

I deleted the hacked 'Australia' folder and put my backed up one back on, rebooted, and now it works again.

I updated my TomTom before any of this, i was under the impression that would update my 'Navcore'. Is that correct?

This information is from my ttgo.bif

DeviceName=TomTom ONE
    DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v8)
    DeviceSerialNumber=PH3258H03116
    DeviceUniqueID=AKTZU ASE6W
    RamDiskVersion=20080529
    BootLoaderVersion=55011
    LinuxVersion=190943
    ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8010
    ApplicationVersion=9369
    UserLanguage=English US
    UserName=****************
    LastConnectionTime=Never
    GPSFirmwareVersion=
    BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
    BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
    BuiltInColorScheme2=America
    BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
    BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
    BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
    BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
    BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
    BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
    BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
    CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=4
    CurrentVoiceInfo=Nelson
    CurrentMap=Australia
    CurrentMapVersion=720.1868
    CurrentHomeLocation=***********************
    Traffic=N
    CurrentFuelpricesType=
    CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=
    CurrentFuelpricesLastFullUpdate=
    ValueRatio=CKKENbLlwCOIDz15Qg==
    Features=PlusDownloadDynamic,PlusDownloadGeneral,P lusDownloadMap,PlusDownloadPOI,PlusDownloadScheme, PlusDownloadUpgrade,PlusDownloadVoice,PlusDownload RingTone,PlusMessageNotification,PlusPushChannel,P lusTraffic,PlusWeather,PlusEphemeris,PlusBuddies,P lusMobileSafetyCameras,PlusRoadConditions,PlusFixe dSafetyCameras,PlusFuelPrices,HDTraffic,PlusOnline Camera,PlusTripReporting,HomeBackup,TTS,TTSCompres sed,TTSNuance51,Newyork,Newyork1Dot6,Caymann,Durha m,CarSymbol,RDSTMC,Prague,SDSlot,InternalFlash
    SupportedPatchTypes=1F
    NrSupportedErrorTypes=132
    UserPatchDatVersion=102
    CompressedPatchVersion=150
    MapServerPatchDatVersion=104
    DeletedPoiDatVersion=200
    ServerLineIndexDatVersion=102
    ServerNameIndexDatVersion=102
    MapShareSupportedProviders=203
    CharacterSet=Latin-1

Any suggestions?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gruddge; 28-07-11 at 07:44 PM.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast