Thread: which chinese gps to buy

Thanks

Default which chinese gps to buy

hi guys looking at getting a chinese gps off of ebay but there is so many.
    which one should i get.

must have:
    7" screen
    fm transmitter
    av in

cheers
    jake

Look Here ->
    Thanks

keen on this one as the company is in australia and has a 12month warranty.
    any good?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

hmm,

pretty lame spammmer....

Thanks

i aint no spammer.
    i realize this is my first post but i joined the forum to ask this question.
    i usually post on the whirlpool forums but theres alot more about these cheap gps's here. so if you cant tell me if the above gps is a good buy or a piece of crap or suggest a better one. go troll a different thread.

Thanks

My Brother and I recently bought 7" gps systems from the ebay company Dimension033. They have a huge variety of satnavs from 4.3" screens to 7".

We have 128RAM which makes even Primo run like a dream. It is very quick and comes with iGO8 on a 4GB card. I have installed Primo and Tomtom plus the original iGO8 on an
    8GB card with a small menu and is works very well. I am going to install MioPocket 4.0 Release 68 that uses smart phone technology as I have done this on smaller devices and it is very impressive. I will do this when a new 16GB card arrives.

The only downside is the battery life is not good. But if all you do is plug it into your car charger and use it then it's not a problem. Mine came with full European maps but you can have what you want. Make sure what WinCE you want 5 or 6 as different devices have different spec.

Delivery to the UK was only 7 days from the date of the order which was fantastic.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Punter
    Last edited by Punter247; 04-06-11 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Not enough info

Thanks

I do not have personal dealings with that model nor that seller, but
    I personally would not put too much faith in the warranty of any ebay item after they receive their money (basically you should be covered for D.O.A. and that is about it), but if the price is right, it should mitigate the risk of faulty gear. My math goes like this: 10% chance of bad gear (my actual stat I'm at 1/20), 66% discount ~ big savings over time but expect a few bad apples from time to time <adjust figures accordingly for your situation>.

3 months ago, I bought a 5" direct from China for about $83 and have been very happy with it once I updated maps and program (lots of help to be found on this site). So bottom line, if buying a china model, you are not getting state of the art hardware yet you will ask it to run state of the art programs... if you set your expectations correctly (not expect it to run the most current TTS voice etc.) you will love your cheap china model and save yourself big bucks...

As far as buying from an Aussie seller... your just paying a premium for express delivery... which is a very nice thing compared to having to wait around a month to get from China. So if their price is reasonable... not a bad way to go.