Thread: Dodo Power

Thanks

Default Dodo Power

Seen a lot of advertising for Dodo power lately. What are peoples opinions and has anyone signed up? Are there any hidden catches in their fineprint?

Just asking because many people have had bad experience with their internet service.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I thought I saw 3 yr contract in the fine print.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

try switchwise.com.au for basic info but you are still getting your electricity over the same wires from the same generator with repairs still done by that areas distributor as before but now the bill is comming from Dodo.
    How can they buy power from Company XYZ then sell it to you lower that what Company XYZ does to its other customers and why cant/doesnt Company XYZ sell it at a cheaper rate to their regular customers ??

But then 12 months ago 2 distributors went around and undercut a company and sent it broke in a nice little cut throat business deal to remove competition.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 24-05-11 at 08:42 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    How can they buy power from Company XYZ then sell it to you lower that what Company XYZ does to its other customers
    Gordon, as I said in the other thread, the company that I work for pays 4c per kw/hr and I'm down the road paying 21.5c /kwhr. Both of us are getting our power from the same wholesaler - SPAusnet, so obviously there's a lot of mark up!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JK200SX For This Useful Post:

gordon_s1942 (25-05-11),Gregathome (24-05-11)

Thanks

A company would use more power than a domestic user. Use more power and you'll get a better price

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

hope it's not as slow as ther internet lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adobe View Post
    hope it's not as slow as ther internet lol
    slow electrons....hmmm let me see Brown outs lol

Leroy

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    A company would use more power than a domestic user. Use more power and you'll get a better price

Leroy
    Dodo isnt a 'company' or manufacturer using electricity for its daily needs but simply an 'On Seller' of an already available commodity
    By 'Company' I meant a Distributor who buys power from a generator and then distributes it via its network to the user.
    Who ever Dodo buys the power from, Generator or Distributer, it would have to pay for the use of the distribution network.
    I believe most distibutors try to sign up customers on others networks offering cheaper rates so why cant they do that in their own areas?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Dodo isnt a 'company' or manufacturer using electricity for its daily needs but simply an 'On Seller' of an already available commodity
    By 'Company' I meant a Distributor who buys power from a generator and then distributes it via its network to the user.
    Who ever Dodo buys the power from, Generator or Distributer, it would have to pay for the use of the distribution network.
    I believe most distibutors try to sign up customers on others networks offering cheaper rates so why cant they do that in their own areas?
    No, Dodo is a retailer. A distributor (wires and poles) is a company like SP AusNet for example. Then there are companies that are sole generators. There are also companies that are generators and retailers so they can protect their position in the market better than just relying on hedging or buying at market price.

Own networks? Not sure that anyone is in this situation.

Leroy

Premium Member

Thanks

ok, by 'Owned' I was referring to the days when areas local councils formed a distibutor 'COMPANY' that put up the poles and ran the wires to service their area as electricty became available and in later years have been taken over/absorbed etc so today nobody knows who owns what where.
    My Power back in 1963 was supplied by the Hartley County Council, a 'Council' formed by the 2 councils, ie Lithgow and Blaxland Shire after WW2 I believe along with the construction of the first Wallerawang Power station.
    Later this 'Council' became Prospect which became Integral and is now Origin 'Company'.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 25-05-11 at 10:05 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    No, Dodo is a retailer. A distributor (wires and poles) is a company like SP AusNet for example. Then there are companies that are sole generators. There are also companies that are generators and retailers so they can protect their position in the market better than just relying on hedging or buying at market price.

Own networks? Not sure that anyone is in this situation.

Leroy
    I thought they needed to send any power they generate back to the grid and then they bid for it at market prices. This is to make competition fair amongst the retailers,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doyouthink View Post
    I thought they needed to send any power they generate back to the grid and then they bid for it at market prices. This is to make competition fair amongst the retailers,
    Yes this correct but you can manipulate the market if you have the generation capacity. This is where there is a conflict of interest with companies being retailers and generators.

Leroy

Thanks

Do they use hot chicks in singlet tops to come over and check your meter?

I'm sitting by mine all day once I switch.

ps. I hate that bloody blue dodo