Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just finsihed my mame cabinet

Thanks

Cloning a HDD IS the way to go.... I have built 15 cabs now and the last 10 were done faster than the second 1 as i started afresh each time.

TINY XP BEAST edn is all I use now......

Quote Originally Posted by biggeorge View Post
    Marty, nice work mate.
    I am glad you kept the control panel sensible. A lot of people seem to go for the "cram every fkn widget possible onto the control panel" approach. Trackballs, knobs, sliders, guns, wheels, 4 way, 8 way, whistles, etc.
    99% of games need a pair of 8 way sticks and 3 buttons, some need 6, maximum.

For your Jukebox program, I use Arcade Jukebox.
    Works nicely, very configurable.

I normally use Game Launcher for the MAME menu, it's full screen and can handle a rotated screen and is completely configurable as well. It's not easy to set up but when you get it right it is nice.

The other thing I like about Game Launcher is the fact that I can interface other emulators to it, NES, C64, Amiga, etc... So my MAME boxes have 5000 MAME games, around 30,000 commodore 64 games, etc etc etc..

What I have done is made one mame machine with all the software set up, then the next machine gets a cloned hard drive with new motherboard drivers.
    I have built 9 MAME cabinets now and they just keep getting better each time.

My next step is to dump the bloated XP and run a version of TinyXP so it boots up quick.
    Can you give me any info here???
    What sort of boot times does your machine have, shut down??
    Any problems running tinyxp??

Thanks

Shit man. 15 cabinets.

That trumps my effort.

Once you've built 2 or 3 you start to get real good at it though, eh.

I wrote up a little tute on Aussie Arcade about some of the tricks i've learned about building these machines. Worth a read, but if you can contribute then feel free.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12