Thread: Jtag console won't display on HDMI only AV

Thanks

Question Jtag console won't display on HDMI only AV

For some reason when I turned my console off this evening and then tried to turn it back on, nothing happens. The green Power light goes on, and the ring lights flash a twirl, but it never displays anything on the screen or connects to the controller.

So I assumed there was an issue with the NAND and used Xellous to reflash it using a saved modified nand with Freebootv3 9199 updflash.bin

The console works fine on the AV lead now, but when I unplug that and plug in the HDMI cable and then try to turn it on nothing happens. The green Power light goes on, and the ring lights flash a twirl, but it never displays anything on the screen or connects to the controller.

Any ideas?

Look Here ->

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twr7cx View Post
    For some reason when I turned my console off this evening and then tried to turn it back on, nothing happens. The green Power light goes on, and the ring lights flash a twirl, but it never displays anything on the screen or connects to the controller.

So I assumed there was an issue with the NAND and used Xellous to reflash it using a saved modified nand with Freebootv3 9199 updflash.bin

The console works fine on the AV lead now, but when I unplug that and plug in the HDMI cable and then try to turn it on nothing happens. The green Power light goes on, and the ring lights flash a twirl, but it never displays anything on the screen or connects to the controller.

Any ideas?
    What wiring does it use? , sounds like the new image doesnt have the correct patched smc for the jtag wiring.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loanrangiel View Post
    What wiring does it use? , sounds like the new image doesnt have the correct patched smc for the jtag wiring.
    I don't know about the wiring. I didn't do the Jtag. It was a purchased premodded console. I have the DVD disc that they supplied with it which has the backup modified nand with Freebootv3 9199 updflash.bin.

I formatted a USB drive, copied over the nand with Freebootv3 9199 updflash.bin, pulled the power brick out of the console, inserted the USB drive into the front of the console, connected the power brick and then powered on the console using the eject button. The Xellous loads and does it's thing.

This is what I did last time I had an issue and it worked (I used the same nand backup from the same disc). But last time after doing it, it would output on HDMI.

Thanks

I just hot swapped from AV to HDMI (i.e. had AV connected, turned the console on, unplugged AV, plugged in HDMI) and it worked. It is now displaying on HDMI. I haven't turned the console on and off yet to confirm that it'll stay working, but it's a positive sign.

Thanks

I just turned it on and off and it worked fine. Problem solved. Thanks anyways.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
    All of a sudden HDMI just stopped working.
    Weird thing with mine is that a HDMI to DVI cable works fine.

So how exactly did you fix it?
    Did you reflash or just hot swap and that fixed it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Did you reflash or just hot swap and that fixed it?
    Yeah, I just hot swapped it and that sorted it out.
    I just updated to the latest kinetic jtag dashboard, 125611 or what ever it is and it has caused this problem again - works fine on AV but not on HDMi. So I searched for this thread to find the solution that I used last time. Going to try it now...

Thanks

Just confirming that the hot swap method has worked again for me!