Thread: ACMA licence

Banned
    Thanks

Cool ACMA licence

I've been thinking ( again ) about the ACMA licensing particularly with regards to the security industry. Now I know that the general consensus ir that if an item of equipment is CAPABLE of being connected to the PSTN then you need a licence. This is generally interrpreted as if there is a point of connection for the PSTN on the item then you need a licence. From my queries to the powers that be , I have been told that even plug & play type security systems are included because by simply wiring up a siren or strobe you have jepodised the electrical integrity of the panel & hence the PSTN . The same goes for wireless systems. They also said that even 100% wireless systems ( wireless PIR, no siren/strobe , remotes & simple parallel connection to the standard phone skt ) are covered but they could not say why.
    Anyway , if you broaden your view there are lots of other incidences where you would imagine an ACMA licence would be required. A few off the top of my head -

1) Generally nowdays coke machines are plugged into the PSTN for both security & stock control purposes. Does an electrician that works on this machine need an ACMA licence ?

2) Anyone who does ANY work on a computer , do they need an ACMA licence ?

3) TV technicians. Do they check to see if a customer has Foxtel , because if they have then any work they do will jepodise the PSTN

4) A bit of lateral thinking. Any electrician who does work in the same premise that I have a security system. His electrical work is connected to the PSTN via my security system. Shouldn't ALL electricians have an ACMA licence ?

Being the cynic that I am , I seem to think that it is just the security industry that is told to bend over, spread your legs and prepare thyself

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

If it is GSM only you still need the licence

Thanks

Licenced security installer & Trainer

As a licenced installer& Trainer I am sure that you do not need an Electrical Licence when you connect your plug pack into a power point or do you?

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by noRbackwards View Post

As a licenced installer& Trainer I am sure that you do not need an Electrical Licence when you connect your plug pack into a power point or do you?
    Ron - take it easy or they will be on to us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noRbackwards View Post

It depends which end of the pp you try to put into the pp.

Gulargambone, Western Plains, NSW, Australia.
    Thanks

Remember when all this guff about licensing started and all the reasons given were about safety of Telstra's techs and the possibility of mains being on the lines because of shonky work?? So how do they justify licensing required for GSM only? Have they discovered a new method of wireless transmission of mains power??? Just proves, if proof was ever needed, that it is all a money grab.
    Shocking, ain't it?