Thread: Anyone using a sub-$100 tablet PC?

Thanks

Default Anyone using a sub-$100 tablet PC?

I've got an Google Android 2.2 MID tablet PC and there seems to be real deal - proper packaging, no cable-wrap doodad.
    Would you say they are original? I'm always in need of cheap tablet pc to give to my sister's 3 year old son, I think this maybe the best gift for helping him to familiar the tablet PC, I can not buy him an ipad for he do not know how to treasure it now, and the prices of the ipad (CX300 etc) are too high. But $78 tablet PC, no freight cost would be great.
    How do you think about this? Or are there any better suggestions?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I'm using a Flytouch II tablet purchased through Ebay for $165. It is Android based and has a 10" screen. Has 4Gb internal memory and two slots for micro SD supporting 16Gb per slot. It works very well and I was surprised at the distance the wi-fi would connect to my router and still give good data rates.
    The brightness of the screen is a bit lacking in bright daylight and the audio volume is pretty average but for what i got it for it's great. I use it when travelling to do banking, access Facebook, email and looking at my digital photos. It has two USB 2 interfaces and my Western Digital external 2.5" drive works fine on it (though it sucks the battery pretty quick)

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gallery View Post
    ... But $78 tablet PC, no freight cost would be great.
    How do you think about this?
    I think you might be a spammer.

… however for others who might be in a similar difficult situation I think it is a perfect gift for a 3y/o although a cricket bat or some Lego blocks are not too bad either.

However when he turns 3 ½ he will fling it against the wall with frustration.
    He wants to play games with it, not face book, that is for when he turns 6.
    These cheap 10” pads have a frame rate like a Power Point presentation when he wants to race cars or run around streets chasing gangs with a gun.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

gulliver (22-12-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    I think you might be a spammer.

I'm sure, this same spam is being posted to forums all over the place

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jok11n View Post
    I'm sure, this same spam is being posted to forums all over the place
    I am confused why you guys think that I am a spam? Are there any agreed standards against which to judge a member's performance to be a spam? I just want to get some suggestions. And I didn't try to post to the furums all over the place,

Yes, I refer to Pickegg, pickegg's $78 tablet PC, however, I just want to to enhance the clarity of my description, are there something wrong?

Thanks

pretty easy to figure out.
    1) first post
    2) recommending a semi obscure product
    3) if you google pickegg it shows some interesting results...

you have to understand that HEAPS of people join forums to spread the word of some product or service... so its a natural reaction to anybody doing 1-3?

If you are not a spammer, then cool. You will be given advice and participate within the forum.
    its all good.

sorry cant help, Don't own one. But for a 3yr old.... ummm might get just as much enjoyment out of the 'box'... but price is cheap enough, I would not expect it too last long.
    Last edited by z1gg33; 02-06-11 at 12:52 PM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to z1gg33 For This Useful Post:

tristen (03-06-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

I am confused why you guys think that I am a spam? Are there any agreed standards against which to judge a member's performance to be a spam? I just want to get some suggestions. And I didn't try to post to the furums all over the place,

Yes, I refer to Pickegg, pickegg's $78 tablet PC, however, I just want to to enhance the clarity of my description, are there something wrong?
    I'm confused, are you wanting to know how to spam more professionally, or just have your question seem legitimate?

Ordinarily spam such as this just gets deleted, they seem to like you here though, perhaps it's your excellent command of the English language that has won their hearts, I noticed when Googling to try and discover exactly what a 'pickegg' was that many of your similar posts on other forums haven't even had the respect of a reply, what a shame

I did notice when looking at the Pickegg's $78 tablet PC that they must have employed a professional copywriter to enhance their credibility, it was obvious from the text, a small sample below

PickEgg.com is a young but trustworthy cool gadgets wholesaler who has been developing quite fast with its quality products and responsibility. They select useful and fun gadgets from Chinese market and provide them to the oversea market with competitive prices and free shipping. With the confidence in their products, they guarantee the customers with 45 days refund guarantee and 1 year exchange warranty.

Thanks

Thanks

I am sorry, but I still insist that I am not a spam, or at least I do not mean to do it. I did not know this kind of question would be considered as spam. Then if people who are really want to get such kind of suggestions, how can they do? Do not mention Pickegg? However, I am afraid the question can not be clarified then for not mentioning it.

If I am really a spam, and I do not mean to do harmful things to all you guys or to the forum,do not want to scam. Because I know Pickegg isn't a fraudulent website, it just a online store like some stores on eBay, people like to buy things on eBay, then if you didn't know eBay, somebody told you about this, will you consider that it is a spam?

I am sorry again if I occupied you some time for reading this.

Thanks

I am sorry, but I still insist that I am not a spam, or at least I do not mean to do it. I did not know this kind of question would be considered as spam. Then if people who are really want to get such kind of suggestions, how can they do? Do not mention Pickegg? However, I am afraid the question can not be clarified then for not mentioning it.

If I am really a spam, and I do not mean to do harmful things to all you guys or to the forum,do not want to scam. Because I know Pickegg isn't a fraudulent website, it just a online store like some stores on eBay, people like to buy things on eBay, then if you didn't know eBay, somebody told you about this, will you consider that it is a spam?

I am sorry again if I occupied you some time for reading this.
    when the first thing that comes up on google is a page of your posts on many websites, it is a natural assumption

Thanks

Ok for non spamming information, my brother who works/lives in china bought my 2 girls ( 4 and 8 ) a cheap 7" google 2.2 tablet. Was a 5 minute wonder, i actually use it for web browsing on the couch and thats about all they are good for, sure you can get a few novelty games but they are frustrating as hell to find and load.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Ok I will continue what i deleted in my first post when I figured the OP might have been spam.

I actually bought my son a 7" . He is not 3 but 13 which IMO is a more suitable age.
    It uses a Samsung A8 processor and plays games as smooth as an Ipad but heaps of games do not work. It has a long battery life and feels very solid and heavy, unlike my ZT-180 10" pad which I can only use to read the news and listen to really cool radio stations... for an hour before the battery is dead.
    I doubt that pad mentioned by Gallery would be any better.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Spam removed from thread title
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ

• The Following User Says Thank You to Fernbay For This Useful Post:

jok11n (04-06-11)

Thanks

I would be interested on feedback on the cheapos as well, surely they must be better value as an E-Reader than specific e-readers?
    i would like to get my daughter one, and myself one to just chuck in the bag and have there as I reckon a tablet pc would be handy all the time.
    have seen a shitload on ebay, any suggestions on what to look for and avoid ? not just brand, but features ? eg is capacitive touch better ? etc etc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozchips View Post
    I would be interested on feedback on the cheapos as well, surely they must be better value as an E-Reader than specific e-readers?
    If people need an E-reader, then nothing is really going to bit an e-reader unless you are after some extra staff. Kindle I have has one of the biggest advantage - battery life is incredible.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozchips View Post
    i would like to get my daughter one, and myself one to just chuck in the bag and have there as I reckon a tablet pc would be handy all the time.
    have seen a shitload on ebay, any suggestions on what to look for and avoid ? not just brand, but features ? eg is capacitive touch better ? etc etc
    Capacitive, multi touch is a must for games.
    Resistive is bugger all if you put a screen protector on it. I really have to push hard, often with the back of my fingernail, but this seems to be somewhat dependant on the app.
    The 7” Samsung clone I mentioned above is really worth every cent but I actually paid over $150 with postage. It feels solid, image is great, responsive touch, right size.
    My son will not let go of it.
    Expect half the battery life of what they claim in the specs.
    Resetting or rebooting is the common solution for any issues. It is impossible to say if it is the pad or the apps causing the fault. I am tipping the apps.
    The 10” has an uneven back light (not a fault) and when you hold it as a portrait it looks terrible. It plays video and Flash OK, but games are choppy and the tilt control is often not recognised.
    I would say avoid the ZT-180 and get something 7” with a Samsung A8 chip in it and claims to have 6hrs of battery life.
    Search string for Ebay (international):
    Android A8 7” and try to bid under $150, free post.

Don't forget that the apps in Android are originally designed for phones and not all will work on the pads... or all phones either. They are Pennyware (if I am allowed to create such a category) so do not expect too much compatibility or perfection.

Personally I think E-readers are a waste of money... I need more, much more