Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Foxtel changes affecting third party receivers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seifer View Post
    Can someone please remind the oscam gooses in Europe that nfl is starting and id like to watch it. I want my Foxtels back pls.
    Forgive me for honking on, but I had a gander at Google, and it seems the plural is geese.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seifer View Post
    Can someone please remind the oscam gooses in Europe that nfl is starting and id like to watch it. I want my Foxtels back pls.
    Watching NRL has nothing to do with people in Europe. Just pay Foxtel and you get to watch. Besides, Europe has far more serious problems with the current counter-measures being rolled out there that are far more complex than here. They have cards selectively being destroyed by the pay tv operator if they are used in combination with Oscam through a neat trick of sending code through ECM packets.
    Can't wait for it to come here....
    Seifer: "Hello Foxtel, I have error C092 on my screen and no pics"
    Foxtel: "Oh, you've been using your card with Oscam against our terms and conditions. Your service will be disconnected and someone will come by to pick up the STB's. You've also been barred from getting Foxtel again. Goodbye."

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 886 Posts

Goody I'd love to be banned by Foxtel, the bastards keep talking me in to staying when I want them to talk me in to going.

Thanks

SELF: login to austech
    READ: no more foxtel in 3rd party boxes
    SELF: opps still working after 5 years +
    READ: oscam, newcamd. cccam - all the wrong stuff or versions
    SELF: I asked myself why am I still using the same as I posted after the austech.info reset a number of years ago, and still going strong as I outlined back then in the DM section?
    READ: no longer works
    SELF: shame people can not read with their eyes ..
    It is a hobby so mileage varies
    Loving IPTV with XBMC and android M8
    Join in the XBMCHUB community and visit me at http://tvaddons.ag/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davmel View Post
    Watching NRL has nothing to do with people in Europe. Just pay Foxtel and you get to watch. Besides, Europe has far more serious problems with the current counter-measures being rolled out there that are far more complex than here. They have cards selectively being destroyed by the pay tv operator if they are used in combination with Oscam through a neat trick of sending code through ECM packets.
    Foxtel: "Oh, you've been using your card with Oscam against our terms and conditions. Your service will be disconnected and someone will come by to pick up the STB's. You've also been barred from getting Foxtel again. Goodbye."
    WOOHOO, I'd love Foxtel to do that, then I can blame foxtel for cutting us off, instead of me threatening to disconnect the household.

Then again, Foxtel would go broke overnight, the Australian market is JUST TOO SMALL to do w@nk stuff like that, they are having trouble as it is keeping people subscribed after the contract period.

They would blacklist half the addresses in their database in one foul swoop, and Foxtel is ONLY JUST turning profit as it is.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whiteb View Post
    WOOHOO, I'd love Foxtel to do that, then I can blame foxtel for cutting us off, instead of me threatening to disconnect the household.

Then again, Foxtel would go broke overnight, the Australian market is JUST TOO SMALL to do w@nk stuff like that, they are having trouble as it is keeping people subscribed after the contract period.

They would blacklist half the addresses in their database in one foul swoop, and Foxtel is ONLY JUST turning profit as it is.
    lol, i think you are GREATLY overestimating the proportion of people who use third party boxes. I personally know none.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ararat View Post
    lol, i think you are GREATLY overestimating the proportion of people who use third party boxes. I personally know none.
    But having said which, the market is just too small to just cut people off with no questions asked because a simple error message hints that you are using third party boxes.

Like I said, Foxtel is having a difficult time keeping customers as it is, to then turn around to cut people off.

Card Sharing i dont care about, cut those a$$hats off for all I care, but I have a legit subscription, and I use the card for a service that FOXTEL DO NOT OFFER, (Watching any channel I want, when I want on my PC).

Still wont stop me watching Al-Jazeera as long as the signal is live on the Cable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whiteb View Post
    But having said which, the market is just too small to just cut people off with no questions asked because a simple error message hints that you are using third party boxes.

Like I said, Foxtel is having a difficult time keeping customers as it is, to then turn around to cut people off.

Card Sharing i dont care about, cut those a$ off for all I care, but I have a legit subscription, and I use the card for a service that FOXTEL DO NOT OFFER, (Watching any channel I want, when I want on my PC).

Still wont stop me watching Al-Jazeera as long as the signal is live on the Cable.
    Of course, it's a bad business practise. Because those cheating can simply acquire a card under a different name. Only those innocently attempting to improve their experience would suffer.

Still, I guess one could always acquire a subscription under the name of someone else in the household.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonc View Post
    SELF: login to austech
    READ: no more foxtel in 3rd party boxes
    SELF: opps still working after 5 years +
    READ: oscam, newcamd. cccam - all the wrong stuff or versions
    SELF: I asked myself why am I still using the same as I posted after the austech.info reset a number of years ago, and still going strong as I outlined back then in the DM section?
    READ: no longer works
    SELF: shame people can not read with their eyes ..
    Suspect you're using the blue card which works fine. This thread is about the orange card only (at the moment).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ferni View Post
    Suspect you're using the blue card which works fine. This thread is about the orange card only (at the moment).
    Did you check jonc's location? Does he even have a foxtel sub?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Maybe when Austar is swallowed by Foxtel, will Foxtel be able to do as Austar has done (so I understand) and eliminate 3rd party box's ??
    Or have they ???
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 01-0077 View Post
    Did you check jonc's location? Does he even have a foxtel sub?
    Good point, I hadn't noticed the location, no wonder he hasn't answered my message asking him if sbox or other emu works. (I am in UK or I would try it myself) I thought it was strange that you guys didn't know!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Comet View Post
    Didn't they question why you asked for the bluey?
    Nope...they did ask why i wasn't happy with the IQ2.

I said it ran so hot that the mice were crapping all over it on cold nights.

And that is true...it generates a load more heat than a std box.

I have lost a few 7020's over the years due to mice pissing all over it.

An IQ (now the default supplied decoder even if you don't want to pay extra for the PVR features) provides exactly the same quality of pictures regardless of whether a blue or orange card is used.
    I can put up a valid reason to not have an IQ2 (especially in a bedroom).

Work it out yourself why....

Last edited by Kirra; 27-08-11 at 12:50 AM.

Thanks

hahhahahaha what a joke......these foxtel bastards are on these knees all the time to beg people to get their service......if they start barring everyone then how would they make money from the stupid ads they run...
    overall they cannt afford that sort of attitude....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rraja83 View Post
    hahhahahaha what a joke......these foxtel bastards are on these knees all the time to beg people to get their service......if they start barring everyone then how would they make money from the stupid ads they run...
    overall they cannt afford that sort of attitude....
    Ease up on whatever it is you're smoking. Where did I say they were going to bar "everyone"?
    Only a tiny number of subscribers use their card with Oscam etc so it wouldn't affect Foxtel at all. Sky Italia have done it and they only have 3 times higher subscriber numbers than here in oz.
    But hey, dream on. You can laugh at yourself when it happens.

• The Following User Says Thank You to satdancer For This Useful Post:

DUDE (30-08-11)

Thanks

Besides, Europe has far more serious problems with the current counter-measures being rolled out there that are far more complex than here. They have cards selectively being destroyed by the pay tv operator if they are used in combination with Oscam through a neat trick of sending code through ECM packets.
    I cant see why you think we have more serious problems in Europe as our cards work and yours dont.
    I do not have much knowledge of the situation in Italy (other than the package is still sharable) but in the UK cards have been "switched off" possibly by an ECM but much more likely an EMM. However the customer must have been suspected of sharing for this to have happened.
    We do not know how Sky got this information, many theories exist but the general opinion is that they find out by illegal means, hence nobody has ever been prosecuted.
    So to clarify our cards do not get destroyed simply by using Oscam or Cccam, as advanced and clever as NDS3 is believed to be by many I do not think it is capable of detecting which emu the card is running in.
    It is a fact that many many cards here are working and updating perfectly well at present.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crabber For This Useful Post:

bambbbam (31-08-11),LeroyPatrol (30-08-11)

Thanks

just not the orange variety!!
    Self declared soccer nut

http://img1.jurko.net/avatar_2045.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cro69 View Post
    just not the orange variety!!
    lol, he lives in europe mate, not australia. i think you misunderstood him.

Thanks

But I can't stand watching that blurry SD crap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crabber View Post
    I cant see why you think we have more serious problems in Europe as our cards work and yours dont.
    I do not have much knowledge of the situation in Italy
    LOL, don't be so quick to falsely claim that there are no serious problems in Europe when you don't seem to have a clue what is happening outside of your own country.
    Do some research. The forums are abuzz with discussion about the changes that are being rolled out for TotalTV, SkyItalia etc. It'll be coming to you too so don't say you weren't warned.
    Oh, and it's got nothing to do with EMM's. Even when they are blocked the cards are being killed. It's being triggered by a special ECM which activates nano code that kills the card.
    At least here in oz our new encryption layer still allows the cards to work in the original box, but in Europe the cards are being killed so the providers know exactly which subscribers aren't using their cards in provider boxes.

• Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast