Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Foxtel changes affecting third party receivers

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ericace007 View Post
    even forcing an update i still get an f100 error (No signal being received)
    don't get it same cable as the mediastar was plugged into.
    no signal? Is the LNB setting correct?

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

I would presume it is didnt think there was any freq changes over the last year, not to sure how to access the settings on this box (old pace 250)to check lnb settings

Thanks

Usually, it's setup, System Setup, System Settings, then press 0611 and press OK.
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks

Thanks, but the problem is i cant access into the setup page as the f 100 error keeps bobbing its head up and keeps cycling through trying to receive a signal

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ericace007 View Post
    Thanks, but the problem is i cant access into the setup page as the f 100 error keeps bobbing its head up and keeps cycling through trying to receive a signal
    I have a vague memory of something like that happening to me once. If I remember correctly the "active" button got me into the setup screen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nexus View Post
    I have a vague memory of something like that happening to me once. If I remember correctly the "active" button got me into the setup screen.
    Thanks, i'll give that a go

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    Usually, it's setup, System Setup, System Settings, then press 0611 and press OK.
    Just wondering if I hookup my spare pace unit , and done all this , would it allow me to watch any Free to Air Channels if I punched in the correct frequency numbers and poinyed at the correct satellite?
    This is a pace unit that is missing a smart card.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your help finally was able to get into the setup menu checked lnb freq and rates everything seems to be fine. Still not receiving any signal.. doing my head in, might be the diseq switch between the two dishes? will try and bypass it to see if it makes a difference, never seem to have a prob with the mediastar box though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moeee View Post
    Just wondering if I hookup my spare pace unit , and done all this , would it allow me to watch any Free to Air Channels if I punched in the correct frequency numbers and poinyed at the correct satellite?
    This is a pace unit that is missing a smart card.
    no. You need a regular sat receiver to receive anything.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

moeee (15-11-11),OSIRUS (15-11-11)

Thanks

I dusted off my old pace box and I'm gunna have to cancel my subscription. I just cannot stand the interface. It feels like I just went from windows 7 to windows 3.1.
    It's so bad that I just watch free to air now so no point in having it.

I was happy to pay and do the right thing with a dm500s where I could also watch downloaded video via a network mount. I think foxtel should hire a couple of consultants from Pli then I might be able to watch TV properly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pomatski View Post
    I think foxtel should hire a couple of consultants from Pli then I might be able to watch TV properly.
    maybe if you want things made worse. They have a habit of making things severely worse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
    maybe if you want things made worse. They have a habit of making things severely worse.
    My open pli was awesome. This has all gone off topic is there a tread to monitor for updates to a solution for this problem ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by didgydont View Post
    My open pli was awesome. This has all gone off topic is there a tread to monitor for updates to a solution for this problem ?
    According to a couple of European sites the problem won't be fixed as there is not enough people here who know or understand what Fox has done and our market of card sharers is too small.

A fix will only come along if and when the same thing happens to them.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wayne349 View Post
    According to a couple of European sites the problem won't be fixed as there is not enough people here who know or understand what Fox has done and our market of card sharers is too small.

A fix will only come along if and when the same thing happens to them.
    That pretty much sums it up.

Unless those that have been running commercial card sharing servers decide to spend some money and get an expert in. Which isnt likely.

Until it happens overseas, no one cares about us. We are but a drop in the ocean.

No doubt rates of piracy will go up... may people who have legally had a subscription and now cant run their card in their own third party receiver will no doubt look at getting one of the illegal Dragon pirate cards.

But as major changes are happening in regards to how people view (or want to view) TV, Foxtel really needs to look at offering a card only subscription married to a CI cam. Subscribers will then be able to use it on their own receivers legally and Foztel wont have to worry about illegal sharing via softcams. You simply purchase the card and cam from Foxtel and plug it in to your receiver....come on Foxtel get with it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Foxtel really needs to look at offering a card only subscription married to a CI cam. Subscribers will then be able to use it on their own receivers legally and Foztel wont have to worry about illegal sharing via softcams. You simply purchase the card and cam from Foxtel and plug it in to your receiver....come on Foxtel get with it.
    I can honestly not see that ever happening.

BskyB ( owned by the same parent company as foxtel aka uncle rupie ) has been ordered more than once to produce a CAM module for public consumption so that users could use their legitimate cards within their own boxes.
    Yet every time he has just totally ignored those court orders. he did produce two cams if rumors are to be believed as a way to skirt round the ruling but he has never released a CAM nor will he.

NDS providers in china have released hardware cams but those would likely not work with our or your cards ( although i have not had one to test so cant be sure ).
    Last edited by DUDE; 16-11-11 at 09:34 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

You simply purchase the card and cam from Foxtel and plug it in to your receiver....come on Foxtel get with it.
    Yep... that would be an ideal solution.

Unfortunately, Foxtel don't even make this available for commercial SMATV use at the momement either.

At least VAST (Optus) have made their card/cam available for SMATV systems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Yep... that would be an ideal solution.

Unfortunately, Foxtel don't even make this available for commercial SMATV use at the momement either.

At least VAST (Optus) have made their card/cam available for SMATV systems.
    It will never happen as it would over night kill off the producers who make the boxes for foxtel and sky uk / sky italia and every other variant owned by Murdock and his sons.

Thanks

Unless those that have been running commercial card sharing servers decide to spend some money and get an expert in. Which isnt likely.
    Obviously Foxtel reckon there is a lot of money in this area that is being lost and felt a need to do something about it. I would guess it would of cost them a few bucks to implement the new countermeasures. If there is a lot of money to be made in running CS servers then you would expect the larger CS operators to find an expert to circumvent the countermeasures, but don't expect it to ever become public.
    But the irony in all this is it just creates more demand for the RDC so people can use their 3rd party receivers.
    It would be great to have a card/cam offering!
    .......Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 16-11-11 at 10:04 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,466 Times in 958 Posts

The Funny thing is that Microsoft went down the path of Zero tolerance a few years ago, with Genuine checkers etc...

& even wanted, at one stage to Get PC manufactures to instal a chip on the motherboard ...so that Microsoft could delete their Operating system at their end.... (off your computer)...but it didn't happen...

Turned out Microsoft sold lots less products....

The Push for genuine checking I have noticed has lessened lately (I don't have to look for nasty checkers in the automatic updates like I used to)

the Bit of "use" of the Microsoft Product by the Public was like "good advertising" & Sold more Products

I think Foxtel may risk a similar thing here,
    Last edited by OSIRUS; 16-11-11 at 11:46 AM.
    Become a Premium Member and support the Austech Forum

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OSIRUS For This Useful Post:

OzBlackKnight (16-11-11),Smacca (16-11-11)

Thanks

For those interested in some NDS background good old Wikipedia has a writeup

• Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast