Hannible,
    Laceystv
    Thanks for that will pass it on to a farmer that is chasing one for his box

cheers
    hannible

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity View Post
    Wrong.

There is no mention, nor is there any posts in this thread on the 10/11 in regards to the transponder not displaying channels. This thread " went active again " as you call it on the 11/11 with news blue cards were not working , not the loss of a transponders channels. Post 814 was made on the 5/11 and and the next post was 815 on 11/11. Oyama was the first person to mention anything about the missing channels on 11/11 after all cards in third party receivers went off.

After they turned them off ?

Do you think they are stupid or something ? They know quite well what they are doing, they dont need someone to go "duh, my picture went off" to know if something works. Do you really seriously think they are that stupid ?

How about we stick to facts and not fiction ? Foxtel's cryptology department dont spend all their days sitting on Austech waiting to hear what we say....dont flatter yourself or us. We are talking about sophisticated cryptology technology, not picking a chinese made combination lock from Bunnings.

Sorry if I sound rude, but I am sick of reading utter bullshit lately.
    I think this is the thread from 10/11/2011 that was mentioning transponder issues:

Thanks

All channels using 12558 went blank on the 10/11/11, that is a fact, Hannible is right about that.

I remember because I had to dig out the dragon card coz swmbo wanted to watch UK tv and I wanted to go to the pub.
    Its Hell in the Tropics

• The Following User Says Thank You to Kavakid For This Useful Post:

Hannible (21-11-11)

Thanks

Some of these Xbox 360 hackers could do it for sure, just like the reset glitch hack, I'm sure if the box's run linux it would be a piece of cake for them, oh maybe they are already watching free foxtel ??
    8. Signatures or user profiles containing commercial advertising for any web sites or advertising commercial goods will be removed , as will your account if you persist in doing it. This does not apply to Premium Members. Advertising banners are not permitted in signatures by any member group. A small logo may be permitted but if deemed to be too big will be removed at Austech's discretion.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hannible View Post
    Is that true MTV, vast have released a card/cam combo, if so where do you get them from?

cheers
    hannible
    Yes, have them.

There's a couple of variations, but as I said, they are only available for commercial headend installations.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (21-11-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wayne349 View Post
    I read somewhere on the European forums that it only takes around 30 mins for someone to find a work around in any changes by the provider in regards to encryption methods, wish that was the case here in Aust.
    I hope it works out that way with the bigger providers when the time comes. However, it's not the case for an ever growing list of euro providers now....including totaltv, max tv, dolce, viasat baltic HD & viasat Ukraine among others....
    Last edited by kobayashi; 24-11-11 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hannible View Post
    Thanks for that will pass it on to a farmer that is chasing one for his box

cheers
    hannible
    Farmer needs a wife.

Thanks

Wrong.

There is no mention, nor is there any posts in this thread on the 10/11 in regards to the transponder not displaying channels. Oyama was the first person to mention anything about the missing channels on 11/11 after all cards in third party receivers went off.

Yeah really?
    Maybe not on that date but is mentioned here

On 10/11/2011, all services on 12558H went black. I put the card back in the Fox box with exactly the same result. Rang the call centre who went through the standard reset the box routine, without success. They wanted to send out a tech, but I declined. Turned fox box off & put the card back in the Vu Duo & watched other transponders all evening. Turned on Vu next day & all gone. Again returned the card to fox box with same result.

BTW Sanity you do know that foxtel troll this forum for its entertainment value if nothing else.
    Last edited by Vic; 24-11-11 at 10:18 AM.
    DM800 DM800se Vu+Duo ET9000

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Yeah really?
    Yeah really. I stand by exactly what I said. Read what I said and what you are quoting.

Maybe not on that date but is mentioned here
    Is it mentioned in this thread ? Nope. That is what I said in regards to the poster I quoted claiming that
    was meerly a test by fox to see if their efforts worked and as always,this thread went active again reporting the lost transponder (remember the fruity's, the same thing happened before they killed them), all we did was helped them gain the knowledge
    Surely your not going to tell us we have "helped them gain knowledge" as well ? I will seriously split a side laughing and will have to go to casualty

Administrator
    Thanks

BTW Sanity you do know that foxtel troll this forum for its entertainment value if nothing else.
    As do thousands of people. Point ?

Thanks

@Sanity and quote from this thread

Quote Originally Posted by jgm View Post
    Yeah really? On 10/11/2011, all services on 12558H went black. I put the card back in the Fox box with exactly the same result. Rang the call centre who went through the standard reset the box routine, without success. They wanted to send out a tech, but I declined. Turned fox box off & put the card back in the Vu Duo & watched other transponders all evening. Turned on Vu next day & all gone. Again returned the card to fox box with same result.

Triggered a s/w update on the fox box & all OK on it.

Now if it had been a card change, I wouldn't have anything on the Vu on the 10th, or I would have had all services on the fox box.

Q.E.D. the changes that are stopping 3rd party receivers are in the fox box.
    Also I didnt say they trolled this forum for information but entertainment value only if you are going to quote me DO IT right
    Last edited by Vic; 24-11-11 at 11:11 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks

@Sanity and quote from this thread
    That quote is from the 19/11 , well over a week later ! ROFL. This is what I originally posted and what you quoted as wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity
    There is no mention, nor is there any posts in this thread on the 10/11 in regards to the transponder not displaying channels. This thread " went active again " as you call it on the 11/11 with news blue cards were not working , not the loss of a transponders channels. Post 814 was made on the 5/11 and and the next post was 815 on 11/11. Oyama was the first person to mention anything about the missing channels on 11/11 after all cards in third party receivers went off.
    Also I didnt say they trolled this forum not for information but entertainment value only if you are going to quote me DO IT right
    I quoted EXACTLY what you posted ! With the quote button, untouched , unedited. Fark me , I will have to go with a double ROFL on this one.

Facts never seem to stand in the way of a good story lately and I am sick of reading utter bullshit , not just in this particular forum, but in a number of forums. Its almost like reading news.com.au headline articles.

Go back and read word for word everything I have said so far. Read what you have quoted and claimed so far.

Thanks

When you lot get finished with your childish trivial point scoring, it might be nice to get back on topic. No wonder Australia can't solve its own encryption problems ...

• The Following User Says Thank You to Zom For This Useful Post:

huc (24-11-11)

Thanks

That quote is from the 19/11 , well over a week later ! ROFL. This is what I originally posted and what you quoted as wrong.

I quoted EXACTLY what you posted ! With the quote button, untouched , unedited. Fark me , I will have to go with a double ROFL on this one.

Facts never seem to stand in the way of a good story lately and I am sick of reading utter bullshit , not just in this particular forum, but in a number of forums. Its almost like reading news.com.au headline articles.

Go back and read word for word everything I have said so far. Read what you have quoted and claimed so far.
    I give in you are right; you always are its like trying to have an intelligent conversation with my german shepard
    Last edited by Vic; 24-11-11 at 11:34 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks

No, I'm not always right. I am always happy to be proven wrong. But if your going to come in to the thread and say I said one thing when the words in front of you say something completely different than I am of course going to stand my ground. Just as I would expect anyone else to. Including yourself

Sorry Zom, you were just about to tell us the solution? Sorry to interrupt your post.....please go ahead.

Nothing gets solved when innuendo, rumour and guesses and plain old not reading are presented as fact or truth. The last half a page has shown that. Yes, I might have rubbed it in a bit hard but an increasing number of threads have similar trends. This is a technical forum and only accurate information is going to be of any use, particuarly to a complex problem such as what the topic of this thread is.

The only facts so far are that Foxtel has made a change to a single transponder the night before each change. And that no Foxtel cards at all will work in third party receivers any more because of the changes they have made.

Presumably this has been done to make sure its not effecting any genuine subscribers using their equipment before making the full change the following day. Presumably no complaints (though I would love to know how many morons rang them that paid a "mystery man" money for a DM500 and a "subscription" )

It could also be presumed that we have been used as a test market for their changes in Australia before they implement it on a broader scale overseas.

The above 2 paragraphs are of course as stated are reasonable presumptions. But what other facts do we have ?

wayne349, if it only takes 30 minutes for them to find a work around anywhere else it would seem in Australia that all we have is idiots (which I know isnt true) or perhaps it isnt true. Though it would seem we are likely to find out if they extend this to overseas markets.

Realistically its looking like we will be waiting until this happens to get a solution here, unless some of the commercial card sharing pirates find someone to get around the changes. But they didnt when the first cards were changed, so is it anymore likely that anything will happen this time ?

I think its more likely that they will simply change their servers to run a certain type of pirate card which is set to become a thorn in Foxtel's side.....and there is perhaps not much that they can do about that.

Thanks

Realistically its looking like we will be waiting until this happens to get a solution here, unless some of the commercial card sharing pirates find someone to get around the changes. I think its more likely that they will simply change their servers to run a certain type of pirate card which is set to become a thorn in Foxtel's side.....and there is perhaps not much that they can do about that.
    Point 1
    I agree I heard some people are offering big money and I mean big money to get the NDS cards ruuning again.
    Point 2
    I also agree with who gives a shit about 7 9 and 10 plus a few other foxtel only channels.
    They have cut their owne throat

Administrator
    Thanks

Point 1
    I agree I heard some people are offering big money and I mean big money to get the NDS cards ruuning again.
    I wonder if its not enough money (even if you are saying its a lot) or that they simply cant find anyone to do it ? If your info is correct, its going to make things interesting.

Point 2
    I also agree with who gives a shit about 7 9 and 10 plus a few other foxtel only channels.
    They have cut their owne throat
    It has been handy having them, but I agree, losing them isnt the end of the world. I dont think there is a great deal of Foxtel only channels ? A couple on HD from memory, is there any on SD ?

One interesting to point to remember would be that if Foxtel ever gave people what they wanted ( a legit card only, or a legit card and cam only subscription) they would tighten up on those FTA channels and you would only get those in your registered state. Not that I believe they would be nice enough to oblige us with either.

It really is a bummer though for people that have outlayed decent money for decent equipment....a poxy Foxtel box just doesnt cut it against a Vu Duo with a 2TB hard drive

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

enf (27-11-11),nfnovice (25-11-11),sat 49 (27-11-11),Smacca (24-11-11),wce1998 (26-11-11)

Thanks

Found an active serial port on the Pace IQ2. Seems the terminal is disabled though I get some output from the bootloader.

Code:

Pace Foxtel iQ2TDX851 BL1 1.156 Satellite HW 02-08-03
    00-00
    01-00-00
    02-00
    01-00-00
    03-00-00-0108
    03-00-01
    AT
    Looks to be a jtag port on the box also. Will give it a go over the next few days see what I can get from it.

Cpu is a BCM7402

• The Following User Says Thank You to couchpotato For This Useful Post:

ferni (27-11-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by couchpotato View Post
    Found an active serial port on the Pace IQ2. Seems the terminal is disabled though I get some output from the bootloader.

Looks to be a jtag port on the box also. Will give it a go over the next few days see what I can get from it.

Cpu is a BCM7402
    Do not know much about it but I've read some time ago that most newer boxes have jtag chip locked. However, some guys were buing the same but unlocked jtag chips from China and replacing the one inside box. That way they could dump the firmware. Not much help but maybe a clue
    Cheers
    "Politics is a bit like religion, everyone expects his/her "salvation" for their own private problems"
    "When you argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Premium Member
    Thanks

post number 1000! Clearly a lot of interest in this subject

• Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 40414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast