Thread: Power problem with wii

Thanks

Unhappy Power problem with wii

While playing Mario Kart on the wii last night we had a 1 second blackout, not enough to trip any circuit breakers, but enough that PC,TV, videos etc needed to be turned back on. Most of the digital clocks in the house also needed to be reset.
    Now to the problem. When I went to turn the wii back on, nothing. I mean nothing at all. No lights, no humming, no disc spinning, nothing.
    I have tried unplugging wii from power board and plugging into another power board, have also tried tried plugging into a different power point but still nothing.
    Has anyone one else had a similar thing happen?
    I,m no expert when it comes to electricity, but my gut tells me it is either the transformer thingy, or the wii itself has shat itself.
    Has anyone here had any warrenty fixes from Nintendo? If so, was it a painful, or a no pain experience?
    We have had all the nintendo units from the nes to wii, except for snes, and never had any trouble with their gear before, other than cartridges that wouldn't load, but that was usually fixed by blowing in the slots, I still don't get how that made a difference.
    If anyone had had any experiences similar or may be able to offer advice on how to remedy our issues it would be greatly appreciated.
    I should also add that I have no idea what caused the power surge / blackout or if it was just our house or others in the street as well. The wii was new at xmas, and was on for about 3 hours before the power went out.
    Finally, if I end up taking the unit to get repaired, how do I get the disc out of the drive beforehand?
    Again. any ifo appreciated.

Hoggy

Look Here ->
    Thanks

mate should be a simple fix , check the 3amp (i think) fuse in the power plug
    my guess it has blown , cheap and simple to fix

although is harder if you have the moulded power plug
    but that said , just look at the power plug and you will see 2 prongs , where the 3rd normally is a black bit of plastic and the electronic symbol for a fuse next to it , that iswhere you need to look

Thanks

Try leaving the power pack unplugged from the mains for a few hours. The caps need to discharge before the power pack will turn back on again. That is assuming it is not damaged of course.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html

Thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cwispy View Post
    Try leaving the power pack unplugged from the mains for a few hours. The caps need to discharge before the power pack will turn back on again. That is assuming it is not damaged of course.
    Woohoo. thanks cwispy. It worked. Didn't think it would but nothing to lose.
    the mrs is happy again.