Thread: Time to Flash... what do I do?

Thanks

Default Time to Flash... what do I do?

Hi there,

Thought Id get some advice as I think it is time (or coming up soon) for me to get my xbox reflashed.

In terms of my 360 some backround (as im not sure if this will make a difference). When I bought my xbox it was the first of the 83850c model and my modder had never seen one. He had several attempts at flashing the drive before replacing it with a samsung drive which was successfully flashed to 1.6.

Everything has been fine since (apart from me having a spare 83850c in an unknown flashed state??).

except now im having issues being able to play newer games as they require updates. I have already updated to dashboard 12625 but still cant play games such as duke nukem and MK without them asking for another update. I'm not game to update again in case it reflashes my xbox and i can no longer play games.

my questions are as follows:

1) What should be the next version I flash to? Should I be waiting to the next version which Ive read is coming soon??

2) will this flash allow me to play everything??

3) If I take it to a modder does the fact that it is not the original drive cause any issues?? or it can be treated as per normal?

4) Is there anyway I could get the original drive (outside of the xbox) flashed? ie could I send it to someone without the xbox to get it flashed? Im pretty confident I'm able to change the drive. If I did this what is required?

5) ive read about the nme 360modchip. Is this an option for me? does it mean I will never need another flash if installed?

Hope to get some feedback.... thanks in advance as usual :-)
    Last edited by metallima; 13-06-11 at 10:33 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

1. You could ALWAYS flash the 83850C drives, the "modder" had NFI what he was doing so I wouldn't be going back that way. It would have been best to keep the lite-on drive in the console as they are imo far superior to the old samsungs.

2. You NEED your original 83850C drive in your console now, otherwise the console will not update to the latest 13XXX dashboard. During the update it will check to determine if the drive is original or not. Have a non-original drive on the 12625 dashboard will also raise a live ban flag.

3. Next version is LT 1.9 and it should be released soon (next week or two at the latest)

4. Yes you can play everything except XGD3 backups with LT1.9 (you need LT2.0 for this)

5. Take it to a different installer and get your original drive put back in and flashed with the latest firmware.

6. You can use a to get a "external" drive for your Xbox 360 Console

7. NME is old, no one uses it I dont think anyone sells it anymore and it only worked on really old drives anyone.

Hope Ive answered all your questions, let me know if there is anything else.

Cheers

• The Following User Says Thank You to urban_s0ulja For This Useful Post:

metallima (13-06-11)

Thanks

Hmmm, I'm not 100% on everything so I stand to be corrected.

The latest dashboard will want to flash your drive as it should be the 83850c however it won't flash the Samsung. Once you do update the dashboard it'll detect your samsung and you will be banned from live. Now, I'm not sure what would happen if you had your drive flashed with CFW and then updated the dashboard, i'd assume it'd probably still reflash your drive and you'd have to get it reflashed again with the CFW. It may not if it detected the latest firmware. Someone may be able to clarify this.

Personally, I would wait until the new CFW is released and then install the original drive and update the dashboard. Then I'd remove the drive and send it to someone to flash the latest CFW for you.

Thanks

wow thanks for the quick reply, you have been a great help.
    yep i was convinced the modder wasnt the best when he was trying everything to get it to work. In the end he gave me the samsung as it was only way anything would work!!
    I dont know that I'll have many options for modders around me which is a bit worrying. Hence why im trying to do as much research before hand so I know if they are doing the right thing.

So sounds like the best thing i can do is get 1.9 on my lite-on and back in xbox. If I cant find someone local would I be able to send the liteon drive to someone to flash and then sent back? From memory I think i just have the drive and I took a copy on CD of the orginal firmware.

If not, What would be the process that the modder needs to do? Ie is it just a reflash? is is it flash back to original, then update using a game and then flash?

Btw xbox live doesnt bother me as i never use it... im quite sure im marked for ban anyway

sorry for all the stupid questions
    cheers

Thanks

I should also mention that the original drive flash state is in a NON working state... dont know what the modder did but if the drive goes back in it wont play anything not even originals. Im guessing he didnt put the origianl flash back on.

Thanks

As far as your liteon drive goes it's a matter of whether he has erased the drive. Obviously if he's erased it then the drive key will have to be sourced from the Samsung or if like you say you have the firmware on disc then it'd be a bonus.

Like I said I'm not sure on the dashboard upgrade, I don't know if you need to upgrade before having your drive reflashed or whether the update will leave the drive alone if it beleives its already flashed with the latest firmware. Urbs would have a better idea.

• The Following User Says Thank You to smithster For This Useful Post:

metallima (13-06-11)

Thanks

Where you at?

Thanks

thanks again.

I'm located in Canberra

Thanks

w w w .c4evaspeaks . com might be worth casting your eye over. You can ignore the logs written by school boys with a BIG DOG fetishes.... guys a genius but some of the people are so far up his arse that it even embarrasses me.
    Last edited by z1gg33; 14-06-11 at 06:51 PM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

If it really is a V1 of the 83850C it dont even require opening which is a bonus.
    LT V1.9 is released btw
    PrecisionMods

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z1gg33 View Post
    w w w .c4evaspeaks . com might be worth casting your eye over. You can ignore the logs written by school boys with a BIG DOG fetishes.... guys a genius but some of the people are so far up his arse that it even embarrasses me.
    yep lt 1.9 has been released - might be time to flash those drives

C4E’s iXtreme LT+ in association with Team Jungle & Team Xecuter
    —————————————————————-

Official release of the iXtreme LT v1.9 for Samsung & LT+ v1.9 for Benq and Lite-On (phat models)

If you haven’t updated your console to the new XGD3 dashboard yet (2.0.13146.0), and you have
    a Samsung drive then you will need to flash back to stock before you update.

New Drive FW Versions (Phat Models):

Samsung MS25 or MS28: These only had a small patch applied (MS25P2F9 or MS28P2F9)
    Benq VAD6038: 04421C
    Liteon DG-16D2S (All Versions): 02510C
    CFW’s based on latest Dash updates OFW’s
    Supports booting AP2.5 backups and XGD3 originals.

All AP2.5 titles will need to be re-patched as the DAE tables have been updated (abgx AP2.5 online patches updated as of 15th June 2:00AM GMT)

A new version of BENQ 0800 with AP2.5 Support will follow shortly.