Thread: windows vista

Thanks

Default windows vista

Hi, I hope one of you computer guru's can help me with a problem i'm having with my PC. What's happening is when I turn the computer off via the power switch, Vista closes and shuts down ok, the computer powers down but nine times out of ten it turns it's self back on straight away! I then have to turn the power off at the power point before it gets too far into post startup.

I have checked the BIOS setup with power on options and have disabled PME event wake up's and system after AC back to off, also removed peripheral devices thinking they might be causing it but it still happens!!! Can anyone please suggest a solution to this problem, any help would be much appreciated.
    kind regards Monty

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

this is for xp, but the 2nd 1 is great if vista works the same.

Disabling the “restart on system failure” feature may permit the exact cause to be isolated: Right-click on My Computer, click Properties, click the Advanced tab. Under “Startup & Recovery,” click Settings. Under “System Failure,” uncheck the box in front of “Automatically restart.”

If the procedure above didn't solve the problem, check the registry setting shown below.

Start Regedit and navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    Set the value of PowerDownAfterShutdown to 1.

If the value isn't present, add it by creating the string value PowerDownAfterShutdown and setting the value to 1.
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68