Thread: Exetel Useless

Thanks

Default Exetel Useless

OK - I tried to support them, I gave them the benefit of doubt when I had issues but after my last episode, I am over them completely.

I have very recently moved house within the same exchange area (keeping the same number). I Ring the support line and am advised that even though I'm keeping the same number I have to terminate my agreement and then issue a relocation of service.

Fine (I grumble to myself) - termination fees, new connection fee. So I go seven days with no service whilst they try to flush the system of the old setup. I then get an SMS yesterday advising that they cannot give me a connection because there are no ports available.

Up until a few days ago - I had one. Then, the support guy offers no help or advice only to say reapply again.

I had been with exetel for 3 years - obviously loyalty counts for nothing.

I then decide I'll vent (much like now) and send an email to their customer suport. The reply I get asks me to go to the website to terminate my service online. How can I terminate a service if I currently don't have one and the system won't let me. They hadn't even bothered to look at my situation and the information sent was useless.

Sorry - I had to get this off my chest.

I have found another ISP - who are a little more proactive.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

couldn't agree more, they are a joke. no support when i had problems, was so happy to churn away.

Thanks

They're fine as long as you don't need any support, since there's is so limited. You get what you pay for I guess. I've been with them for a year and haven't had any issues. The service I recieved from AAPT was worse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kotd1 View Post
    They're fine as long as you don't need any support, since there's is so limited. You get what you pay for I guess. I've been with them for a year and haven't had any issues. The service I recieved from AAPT was worse.
    I agree with you there kotd1... I have been with them for about 2-3 years now... been on adsl1 therefore less issues, well luckily I have not had any so far... but if you require service, exetel ARE A JOKE!... I was with tpg for 3 years pre-exetel, even tpg did better at times... at least u can speak to someone...

as said, you get what you pay for...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by punjabiz View Post
    I agree with you there kotd1... I have been with them for about 2-3 years now... been on adsl1 therefore less issues, well luckily I have not had any so far... but if you require service, exetel ARE A JOKE!... I was with tpg for 3 years pre-exetel, even tpg did better at times... at least u can speak to someone...

as said, you get what you pay for...

You can speak to someone the way i do it is ring 1300 788 141 then speak to sales (press number 3)tell them you have problem and they will put you through to techsupp.

Thanks

ey guys, i am currently with aapt, and am looking to change to exetel, due to their plan rates, which are pretty good IMHO. Are you happy with their lines/connections? would you recommend it besides their crap service which i am not worried much about

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

In the 3 years I'm with them, never a problem with outage or congestion where I live, so no need for service.
    I don't know about metro areas though.
    If I had a problem (forgot the modem setup when I installed a VOIP modem) I got all the data I needed immediately via email.
    Nowhere else can I get 46GB for $40 a month.

Thanks

i think thats the best part about them
    their crap service
    i,m with them, they dont give you all the bullshit, just heres what you asked there,s your username and password now go away and set it up and use it
    i have no complaints its been great so far
    and voip on the 8 meg connection has been fantastic and thats going for gold on the downloads at the same time

Thanks

yep i have to agree with aaeon.1. If ya know what ya doing its a great provider for the dollars you pay. I had dramas setting up my sister with them but that was her fault (didnt know she had foxtel)
    Been with them for 3 years and no probs

Thanks

sounds great, ill be signing up with them.

Thanks

Have been with Exetel for several years, my daughter and step daughter are with them as well and we've only had 1 problem(telstra line external to residence was faulty) and that was fixed within 48 hrs.

Have you tried the "contact" details

Obtaining Information From Exetel (9/5/08)
    Logging Faults With Exetel 24 x 7 x 365
    If you have internet access the very fastest way to resolve any problem with your Exetel service is to open a fault ticket on line. This can be done twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. Your ticket number will automatically open a fault within the Exetel fault resolution process and you will be given the ticket number by email within a few seconds of concluding your telephone call so that at any time after you open the ticket you can, if you have internet access, check on the progress/resolution of your problem. To open a ticket on line go here:

or Telephone:

(02) 9927 1000 or 1300 788 141

Contact Telephone Numbers
    (Business Days, 8.30 am to 9.30 pm Eastern Standard Time and Eastern Summer Time)

Residential and Small Business Support And Sales
    Phone (Sydney Users): (02) 9927 1000

Phone (National): 1300 788 141

Fax: (02) 9964 9318

Residential Support Email: residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

Thanks

I think its really funny that most people when they have issues with an ISP is the fact that they have no internet but companies expect you to log an online fault.... wtf is the go with that?

Thanks

been with exetel for a couple of months, no complaints yet, support is basic yet seems to be effective. Voip connected and is good, pricing is very competitive. Like I said no complaints yet, fingers crossed.

Thanks

I've been with Exetel for about 4 years now and agree with all the comments about lousy (and sometimes arrogant) service.

On the other hand they provide a reasonably reliable and cost-effective service.

My worst experience occurred one Friday morning.

I have ADSL 2 with Telephone plan using Optus equipment. Both internet and voice services stopped throughout the house. As I have an IT background I was pretty sure someone at Optus had pulled the wrong plug but could not talk to Optus as my contract was with Exetel.
    Contacted Exetel Support by 9am and got the normal run around from inexperienced support staff.

Around midday contacted them for 3rd time and still got no where.

Finally at 3.30pm they got off their backsides and after 4pm placed a fault report with Optus - but Optus support had by now closed down for the weekend (as Exetel's contract with Optus is by next working business day!).

On Monday morning someone at Optus replugged and we were back on air by about 8.30am.

So we were off air for both comms and voice for 3 days - which could have been avoided if Exetel support was any good.

So my advice is:

1. Don't go Exetel unless you are technically good
    2. Do not go ADSL 2 (I'd have dropped Exetel if I'd been on ADSL 1)
    3 Never combine your internet and phone contract.
    4. Never expect Exetel to apologise or accept they could have done better.

Don

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Slogger View Post

I then decide I'll vent (much like now) and send an email to their customer suport. The reply I get asks me to go to the website to terminate my service online. How can I terminate a service if I currently don't have one and the system won't let me. They hadn't even bothered to look at my situation and the information sent was useless.

Sorry - I had to get this off my chest.

I have found another ISP - who are a little more proactive.
    Just a Q for a...

How did you send them and get a reply email if you didnt have a service?
    If you sent them an email you were obviously online (they would think the same), why couldnt you go to the website as advised in the email that you read online?

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firthy View Post
    How did you send them and get a reply email if you didnt have a service?
    If you sent them an email you were obviously online (they would think the same), why couldnt you go to the website as advised in the email that you read online?
    Some people have backup dialup accounts.
    Some people have internet at work.
    Some people have friends or neighbours with internet connections.

Thanks

somebody had an unsecure wireless connection in the area so I was able to send it that way. The other times I sent it via mobile phone data.

For the 3 odd years I was with them they were OK but in the end - they were just frustrating. They do everything by their book and if there is anything left field, they can't deal with it. As it is, my Email account is still active (a good 7 months since I left them).

AT least my new provider has Phone support (even if it is in Mumbai).

Thanks

I'm with Exetel on ADSL1 1.5M and found them extremely good. Pricing is the best, product works perfect and best of all the billing is straightforward. I came from another ISP that would send out all sorts of wrong invoices, then additional corrective invoices I had no idea what they were charging me or why. Exetel tell you how it is.

Sorry to hear about your bad support experiences. Moving ADSL lines is always a scary moment and bad things will often happen. Hopefully Exetel will take your feedback seriously and evaluate why things went wrong.