Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: e-readers

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    What exactly do you need from the kindle? It does pdf files (not colour though) and you can get to the place you left before straight away.
    Thousands of PDF, GIF and JPEG files generally in DINA4 format.
    These are circuit diagrams, data sheets, magazines and PDF e-books. Colour is usually not necessary. I would also like to write or sketch something on the JPGs.
    I want to get rid of the paper mess.

The kindle does not have a SD card slot, which I need to quickly exchange and back up my collections. It also does not read jpg or gif and it is not clear that it can reflow PDF files to fit nicely on a smaller screen.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Thanks

Amazon revealed new Kindle Fire reader which will be released on 15th of November.
    Not many details are released but it looks like a cheap android tablet with one advantage - free amazon cloud storage, apps and movies.
    Can't see what android version is there but it will be interesting to see the e-reader when it's released.

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Amazon revealed new Kindle Fire reader which will be released on 15th of November.
    Not many details are released but it looks like a cheap android tablet with one advantage - free amazon cloud storage, apps and movies.
    Can't see what android version is there but it will be interesting to see the e-reader when it's released.
    A wise move from Amazon.

I ordered a nook touch simply because of the Android platform.
    I know once I root my nook I can do anything I want with it, please excuse the pun

An Android with E Ink display and 150 hours non stop usage, now that's what I am talking about.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• 17-11-11, 09:24 PM

Reason
    spam

• 12-12-11, 11:12 PM

Reason
    spam

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12