Thread: Ansett Close Call - 1971

Thanks

Default Ansett Close Call - 1971

Don't know if this is reall or not, certainly really close if it is

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjU4cWDRwKI&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Ansett Close Call - 1971‬‏[/ame]
    Democracy & Ignorance = A Winning Combination

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to osci For This Useful Post:

Aral (22-06-11),mkhannah (19-06-11)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

the depth of field looks wrong, i suspect this footage is faked, also film scratches are overlaid. checked the DOA archives and there are no records of this, i have copies of alot of filmstock for ansett and TAA from those years aswell and that stock has a brown tinge to it on vhs, but good seeing an old fokker freindship had many many flights in those great little planes plus the plane rego is wrong
    Last edited by Zbee; 19-06-11 at 07:28 PM.
    ive only been suspended once...but never banned...yet, but i am working on it...OMG after all these years...i am a paytv forum troll....erk
    ok i have, a phillips screwdriver, a sidchrome socket set, life time supply of condoms, lotsa old programers, an old nokia, season interface...even a pace 400....does this make me look better than DJmatt? oh i was also a "auspink" beta tester!...but apart from that i look great in suspenders

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zbee For This Useful Post:

mkhannah (19-06-11),osci (19-06-11)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 836 Posts

Why do people make up this crap (assuming that it is false), beyond me.

Thanks

probably the same people who believe that julia gillard is atractive
    ive only been suspended once...but never banned...yet, but i am working on it...OMG after all these years...i am a paytv forum troll....erk
    ok i have, a phillips screwdriver, a sidchrome socket set, life time supply of condoms, lotsa old programers, an old nokia, season interface...even a pace 400....does this make me look better than DJmatt? oh i was also a "auspink" beta tester!...but apart from that i look great in suspenders

Thanks

Looks fake, the ailerons don't appear to move when the plane rolls to he left.
    Go to Google Maps and click “Get Directions.” Get directions leading from China to Taiwan, and look at instruction #48.

• The Following User Says Thank You to nando For This Useful Post:

osci (19-06-11)

Thanks

Well oh well i never thought i would see a video of this again. Here is Fokker F27-400 Friendship rego number VH-FNQ (Far North Queensland) in its "Delta" livery which dates this video to the mid 1970's not 1971 when it was still emblazoned in the Ansett-ANA livery.

I travelled in this grand old girl a few times before she was leased to Ansett NZ in 1989 from MKY - HTI - CNS which took about 5 hours. It really was a milk run...LOL

BTW I originally saw this video in a Ansett presentation in the early 90's so i have no doubt of its authenticity. If my memory serves me correct Ansett were filming a commercial at the time of the near miss. The state manager at the time commented that you would never see a near miss like that with an Ansett airplane again..... The same can't be said of Qantas :P

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aral For This Useful Post:

croozer (21-06-11),nando (21-06-11),osci (21-06-11)