Thread: Channel Ordering for TiVo

Thanks

Default Channel Ordering for TiVo

Hi,

This will probably be a simple question for someone but I can't for the life of me get it to happen. I have my dreambox working with my series 1 tivo, but I just need to order my channels in the order that the Tivo expects them so when it changes the channel for me I get the right channel.

I have dreamboxedit and but I can't see how to do this, changing the order in dreamboxedit on the bouquet seems to have no effect after ftping the files back to the dreambox & reloading & rebooting. I am running PLi Iolite.

Thanks for your help.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cste005 View Post
    Hi,

This will probably be a simple question for someone but I can't for the life of me get it to happen. I have my dreambox working with my series 1 tivo, but I just need to order my channels in the order that the Tivo expects them so when it changes the channel for me I get the right channel.

I have dreamboxedit and but I can't see how to do this, changing the order in dreamboxedit on the bouquet seems to have no effect after ftping the files back to the dreambox & reloading & rebooting. I am running PLi Iolite.

Thanks for your help.
    Click on the reload option in dreamedit a few times after you upload the changes and check it out.

If this does not work issue the killall enigma in the boxes shell (via telnet) and check it out again

Thanks

Thanks JonC, the killall has done the job and my changes are now reflected in the UI. I can now get the order correct which is good, but since the channel numbers aren't continuous is there any way to have say channel 1 go to a channel and then channel the next channel be say channel 6, or do I just need to put some dummy channels in there?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cste005 View Post
    Thanks JonC, the killall has done the job and my changes are now reflected in the UI. I can now get the order correct which is good, but since the channel numbers aren't continuous is there any way to have say channel 1 go to a channel and then channel the next channel be say channel 6, or do I just need to put some dummy channels in there?
    in dreamboxedit in the body of the programme do a Control A to select all the channels, then right click on the highlighted list and select renumber all.

Now your first bouquet you set up for the tivo is renumbered 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 etc etc ..

Upload to your DM box again

Thanks

Smile Tivo.

Hi cste005,

I also have a series 1 Tivo, and was planning to connect it to my Dream DM 500S. Can I ask was IR codes you used to get the Tivo to interact with your Dream ??

Cheers and thanks for the help.

KronK.

Thanks

Yep that works great thanks, but I am probably not being clear enough on the issue, now that I have the channels in order roughly I need a way of having a gap in the channel numbers, e.g.

1 = BBC World
    2 = Star Sport
    5 = Al Jazeera

In this example Channels 3 & 4 don't exist (according to TiVo) TiVo only ever expects to find Al Jazeera on Channel 5 not Channel 3 where it is at the moment.

Cheers

Thanks

BTW for those interested, Dreambox codes are in the OzTivo Image. Just re-run the GS and select oztivo Dreambox for the IR codes.

Thanks

I have found the option in Dreamboxedit which was stopping me from having multiple channels which were the same in a bouqet, so I have just padded out the channels to match what the TiVo wants by copying the same channel in multiple times. Makes the dreambox EPG look pretty messy but that doesn't matter as I use the TiVo one anyway.

Thanks