Thread: What Happens In Vegas...

Thanks

Default What Happens In Vegas...

A playboy (Ashton Kutcher) loses his job. A clingy, neurotic girl (Cameron Diaz) gets dumped by her fiancé. What else is there to do but head to Vegas where the fun rolls freely and there's no such thing as consequences. Until, of course, said playboy marries neuroto-girl in a drunken fit and then the pair accidentally win $3,000,000 on the pokies. An obstinate judge refuses to grant them an immediate divorce, instead "sentencing" them to live together for 6 months to try to work out their differences. Cue a war of the sexes where he acts as repulsively blokey as he can and she acts as uptightly, control-freak girly as she can, each attempting to force the other to move out thereby forfeiting their half of the winnings.

This predictable-as-hell screwball comedy is, well, predictable as hell. It's clear right from the outset that after accosting each other with such venom and zeal, they'll be madly in love before it's all over. The number of laugh-out-loud jokes can be counted on one hand (unless urinating in the kitchen sink over the dirty dishes is funny, in which case there are a lot more) and half of them occur as "deleted scenes" played over the final credits.

Kutcher has all the charisma of a carrot. Kutcher's sidekick, Rob Corddry's, Vince-Vaughnish deadpan delivery results in mostly deadpan comedy. Cameron Diaz's batty neurosis is both tedious and unconvincing. Fortunately Diaz's sidekick, Lake Bell, provides a solitary shining light, making the most of what few good lines there are to be had (including those in the closing credits).

Given the unlikelihood that anybody would view this film with high expectations, the good news is that it is difficult to be disappointed with it.

4 out of 10.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Wife said 8 out of 10
    Me not bad for a girly movie.

Thanks

Quite entertaining i thought, Ashton looking older or different. Diaz looking sweet still. both played their parts well and it was a good flick overall. Youll get a few laugs out of it at the least.

Thanks

I enjoyed this movie, still scratching my head as to why. I thought Kutcher was spot on for the lead and diaz and him had a fine mix of chemistry and playfulness between them. maybe because i enjoy "punked" i find his sense of humour to be off beat and never too serious!

Cameron diaz plays those roles well (its all theres something about mary-ish all over again) and I thought some of the male too female differences was funny, some of the dialogue between them was well written and naturally spoken thats not to say its shake sphere but not the worst I have ever heard, yes the ending and final message that love is worth more than money was a no brainier and bound to revel itself at the very ending

i did not think this was a chick flick at all

worth a watch for light comic relief
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.