Thread: What are your thoughts on the new generation of brew your own microbreweries ?

Thanks

Default What are your thoughts on the new generation of brew your own microbreweries ?

Just finished my first batch of beer from a company called "u-brew-it". I know there are others like "beer factory" etc.

We did 6 kettles which makes around 100 x 500ml cans per kettle. For around $150 per kettle and the 6th one was a freebie.

The beer is awesome. Dont know if I can go back to the major brewers again.

More like a professional home brew with no preservatives etc but without the sediment etc

We did a Tooheys Old x 2, Corona, Becks, Stella and a Scottish beer. We then split them up between us all.

Has anyone else had any experiences with these ?

And no I dont have shares in any of em.....LOL
    Im Feeling Wobbly !!!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
    Just finished my first batch of beer from a company called "u-brew-it". I know there are others like "beer factory" etc.

We did 6 kettles which makes around 100 x 500ml cans per kettle. For around $150 per kettle and the 6th one was a freebie.

The beer is awesome. Dont know if I can go back to the major brewers again.

More like a professional home brew with no preservatives etc but without the sediment etc

We did a Tooheys Old x 2, Corona, Becks, Stella and a Scottish beer. We then split them up between us all.

And no I dont have shares in any of em.....LOL
    Yeah did some at xmas ( The beer factory)I did the czec pilsener...good stuff and I didnt seem to get a hangover either.

Premium Member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post

Just over a year ago my brother and I looked seriously at putting one in at Coffs Harbour. They cost just under $400k and all seem to use the same business model. The equipment comes mostly from a company in WA.

When it got down to the nitty gritty we got cold feet and decided against the risk.

Instead before we moved out of the the Underwood area we tried plenty of different flavours and most of it's as good or better as the commercial stuff. Like Ash said, without the hangovers.

One downside is that you have to keep the beer cold straight after bottling. That kinda limits the quantity you can make if you don't have a beer fridge. The missus gets a little pissed orf replacing the food.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 533 Posts

bloke 2 doors up the road from me had a still.

he was living with a sheila, and her daughter lived in the house next door,
    big blue up there this morning and he chucked a pot plant at the daughter
    ( shes a ferral ) next thing 2 cops cars and the dog squad arrived, she rang them. lol.

as we were watching they led him out in handcuffs, along with the still, all his grog, 6 plants and his smoking gear, and it wasnt even his birthday hahaha

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by me_ashman View Post
    Yeah did some at xmas ( The beer factory)I did the czec pilsener...good stuff and I didnt seem to get a hangover either.
    hey ash, you musn't of drunk enough then mate..lol

No I agree, the homebrew is alot kinder the morning after, no preservatives and additives.

Thanks

I homebrew at home. Made the most beautiful dark ale last. Brewed it with honey and I double hopped it.

*thirsty*