Thread: Banned xbox 360 help please

Thanks

Default Banned xbox 360 help please

Stupid question time.

I got stung with a modified second hand x360. When the guy dropped it off I said I wanted to test it before I handed over the cash. I checked it worked and played a game, the stickers were in tact so I took it at face value it was legit and I coughed up. Later I put it on my network and discovered it was banned from XBL so I cant even use it as a media centre.

Been reading a fair bit tonight but can honestly say all the terms are confusing. Based on what I'm reading I think its a Falcon.

Can it be Jtagged and loaded with different software (LT+ ?) and can it be put back on XBL?

Look Here ->

Thanks

this should help you identify what you have.... sorry not on usual laptop tonight.

edit: ...
    Last edited by z1gg33; 27-06-11 at 11:22 PM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

changing the lt dvd flash version to the latest version won't undo the m$ ban on it
    there is no way to remove a m$ ban on a flashed console (that I know of)

if its jtaggable, you can undo the ban once you have jtagged it but I'd suggest it wouldn't take long to get banned again after that

you can enter the console serial into a program called xval before you buy it and it will tell you if its banned
    Last edited by JasonC; 28-06-11 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks

If it can be jtagged dont bother unbanning it, sell it and by a new slim from the proceeds.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z1gg33
    this should help you identify what you have....
    Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by loanrangiel
    If it can be jtagged dont bother unbanning it, sell it and by a new slim from the proceeds.
    Couldnt conciously do that to someone. Would rather f**k it trying to fix it and pay for my ignorance than burn another unsuspecting soul.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
    changing the lt dvd flash version to the latest version won't undo the m$ ban on it
    there is no way to remove a m$ ban on a flashed console (that I know of)
    Thanks mate. I'm guessing if you jtag per below and then unban, it might increase chances of not getting re-banned?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
    if its jtaggable, you can undo the ban once you have jtagged it but I'd suggest it wouldn't take long to get banned again after that
    I think I need to do some more reading before venturing into that territory but I appreciate the link (and glimmer of hope). Does that procedure effectively clone the serial number of the doner xbox or is it just drawing some untainted firmware info from the doner and then creating a new bogus serial? Also without access to another x360 is anyone here able to perform the extract for me (assuming it doesnt clone your serial and compromise you)?

KH
    Last edited by kinghavok69; 28-06-11 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kinghavok69 View Post
    Thanks mate. I'm guessing if you jtag per below and then unban, it might increase chances of not getting re-banned?

I think I need to do some more reading before venturing into that territory but I appreciate the link (and glimmer of hope). Does that procedure effectively clone the serial number of the doner xbox or is it just drawing some untainted firmware info from the doner and then creating a new bogus serial? Also without access to another x360 is anyone here able to perform the extract for me (assuming it doesnt clone your serial and compromise you)?
    KH
    it will get banned again eventaully if you go online, as loanrangiel said you would be better off selling it and then getting a new (unmodified) one if you want to go online

in relation to unbanning the current one, its a fair bit of stuffing around and you don't know if you can jtag it anyway
    if you can jtag it but don't do it yourself it costs around $80-$100 (someone on here might do it cheaper) by the time you spend that money and stuff around, you might as well get a new one

xbox like yours if flashed with lt+ and are not jtagable still sell for around $150-$200 depending on the age so put lt 1.9 on it, sell it get a new one, if it can be jtagged sell it get a new one

check the serial number of the new one with xval - should be ok then

Thanks

(600k)

edit:
    The X value is used as a visual indication of security "events". This value is from a field stored in secdata.bin, offset 0x28 for a length of 8 bytes. It is visually displayed from dashboard in one of the system info screens. The X value is encrypted though and this tool will decrypt and display known recorded security events.

The console does not need to be connected to Live to do this procedure. At the same time this does not guarantee that the console with a "clean" X value has not been flagged on the server side.

This can be used as a tool to check the status of a second-hand console and be valuable information in considerations before purchasing.
    Last edited by z1gg33; 29-06-11 at 03:08 PM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

thanks lads. this one doesnt have hdmi so it might be jtagable but maybe i'll try and sell it but let the buyer know its banned. ta lads.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kinghavok69 View Post
    thanks lads. this one doesnt have hdmi so it might be jtagable but maybe i'll try and sell it but let the buyer know its banned. ta lads.
    HDMI or non HDMI doesnt make a difference, only the build date and current dash kernel will dictate if it can or cant be jtagged, i would find that out for sure as it will be easier to sell unless you flog it off cheap for parts.

• The Following User Says Thank You to loanrangiel For This Useful Post:

z1gg33 (01-07-11)