Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Printer ink.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 1,311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DJmatt View Post
    also why on earth does tha canon MP600 have 2 black carts? one 13ml other 26ml?
    Small one photo black bigger one print black

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post
    Small one photo black bigger one print black
    yeah but why not have a 40ml one then? dont see the point in 2 unless the ink is slightly different for some reason.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    3 x 90CM Hills Offset, 1.2M Aluminium Offset, 1.2M Offset,
    1.7M Offset.

Premium Member
    Thanks

One is pigment based ink (print) and the other is a dye based ink (photo)

Thanks

ahhh thought there must have been a reason. are they a good pinter then? not that I need one but I have 5 inkjets as well as the lasers. used to have a Xerox wax printer but it was rediculously expensive to fill up about $800 for 5 wax sticks of each colour. very good quality printing and crapped over laser but not economical and also every time you turned it off and back on it dumped about $70 worth of wax each powerup.
    1.7M Offset.

Premium Member
    Thanks

I have an ip4500(home) and an ip6700(work) that use the same ink cartridges as the MP600. As Mango says, I use mine to print labels direct onto DVD's and CD's as well as general printing. Excellent machines and cheap to run as I use a chip resetter and refill the tanks.
    Canon keep bringing out new models with smaller tanks and different chips to keep ahead of the resetters...thankfully my older machines still work perfectly.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,295 Times in 850 Posts

I have an MX850 Multifunction.
    I only ever use it for printing if I have what I consider to be 'serious' printing to do.
    I use it extensivly for Faxing / copying or scanning.

For everyday printing I have an MG5250 - these and others like it regularly come up on special through Office Works or Daily Deals so when the ink needs replacing I simply purchase a new printer, I really don't care what I buy as long as it's under $100.00 I consider it a cheaper option than replacing cartridges especially when you take warranty into consideration.
    Last edited by Seymour Butts; 09-07-11 at 04:50 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butts View Post
    when the ink needs replacing I simply purchase a new printer, I really don't care what I buy as long as it's under $100.00 I consider it a cheaper option than replacing cartridges especially when you take warranty into consideration.
    Yep...it is a totally ridiculous situation where it is cheaper to buy a new printer that comes with ink than replacing all the cartridges...what a rip-off replacement ink tanks are.

Thanks

Default printers

Quote Originally Posted by mandc View Post
    Yep...it is a totally ridiculous situation where it is cheaper to buy a new printer that comes with ink than replacing all the cartridges...what a rip-off replacement ink tanks are.

its how they make there money they make next to nothing if not nothing on the printer sales yet they make heaps on the consumables. a bit like game consoles. look at the price of the wii these days they make all there money on the games and nothing on the machines.
    1.7M Offset.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

is it really cheaper because the cartridges in the units at sale are smaller than the repurchases? Just a question!
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post
    is it really cheaper because the cartridges in the units at sale are smaller than the repurchases? Just a question!
    "Brother" inkjet startup cartridges are only 80% filled from what I was told.

Thanks

Default carts

Quote Originally Posted by allover View Post

***Dont Read if you dont have the time***

yes most printer companies do supply smaller sizes than the retail ones In the box. I do know that canon used to supply the same ones in theres well when I got my old Canon MP170 (multifunction) or whatever it was they had full size 40 and 41 carts that they sell retail but you can also get the 50 and 51 that are about 25% larger the only difference I found physically was that they had less ink ofcourse but where the 4x ones they have spikie bits on the lid pressing on the foam where as the 5x dont have these thus letting you add more ink I think the 41 take 9ml from empty where the the 51 takes 12ml (colour) I think and the 40 are 40ml and the 50 are 50ml or something like that. my colour laser came with carts that did 7,500 pages at 5% coverage where as the retail ones are 10,000 pages at 5% thats for black anyway it states it on the box but as long as buying the printer is atleast 3/4's the price as buying new carts then your laughing but some also starter cartridges only work with a brand new printer and wont reset if put in an older one. thats the case with mine as the ones in the box have no reset chip. I buy compatible ones off of ebay if they dont have a print head on the cartridge and only a reset chip then there often very cheap like the samsung CLP300 colour laser genuine ones are anywhere from $65-$90 each where as I get compatible (not refill's) for as low as $9 each. my Epson R290 are around $22-$28 each where as ebay there as low as $2 each if you buy around 4 sets at a time (24) so always look for a printer with its own printhead and the more you pay for a printer the cheaper they seem to be to run.

sorry for the long write up.

Cheers

Matt
    1.7M Offset.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12