Thread: powers hd 900s Mediastar, CRAP

Thanks

Default powers hd 900s Mediastar problem

Any one else had problems with this model?

i have purchase lots with no problems till now. 1200s and a few 900s

v1.09.17 version. hd900s powers

no go for any mcas 20/10/2010 till now

no go for fox blue what i need them for.

any assistance would be great.
    Last edited by longjohnsydney; 09-07-11 at 06:26 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

hi my friend i have the same shit proplem and also with the ultra shit 900 ok the best box is strong trust me try them and you will see i waste my money for nothing never again they dont play all the cards trust me before i bought thenm i ask them but bullshit never again even in hell when i go

Thanks

taking it kind of personally?

• The Following User Says Thank You to stuballs For This Useful Post:

porkop (09-07-11)

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

I think it's a conspiracy
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

stuballs (10-07-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

klirou, as I mentioned in another thread where you were also carrying on, the last I heard from you all was good! What has changed? Only orange and mystar cards don't work and everything else is fine to my knowledge including those funny white cards from what I hear. If they were such a bad receiver there would be many unhappy people!!

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

My box works fine 980hd (:

• The Following User Says Thank You to oztony For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (11-07-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klirou View Post
    hi my friend i have the same shit proplem and also with the ultra shit 900 ok the best box is strong trust me try them and you will see i waste my money for nothing never again they dont play all the cards trust me before i bought thenm i ask them but bullshit never again even in hell when i go

klirou, when did you buy your powers decoder? whats you software model?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    klirou, as I mentioned in another thread where you were also carrying on, the last I heard from you all was good! What has changed? Only orange and mystar cards don't work and everything else is fine to my knowledge including those funny white cards from what I hear. If they were such a bad receiver there would be many unhappy people!!

Leroy
    Leroy, trust me there is a problem with the new ones that just landed, i need a sulution i have $1400 riding on this. This is the only reason i have posted this but normally i would have no problems at all. i have installed 20 plus with no problems at all.

i have tried all the plugin's from june back to 20.10.2010

Formatted samsung 500 hdd everytime, fomat user data every time. i have spent 12 hours on this al counting. i'm almost down to 3rd world country rates.

any help wouldbe great..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by longjohnsydney View Post
    klirou, when did you buy your powers decoder? whats you software model?
    He's actually got the UltraPlus 900! But essentially the same receiver.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks
    Thanked 2,295 Times in 850 Posts

I have a couple of Ultraplus Boxes (a 9000 & a 980HD) along with an assortment of Octagons, Strong's, VU's, Dreams (500's & 800's) and Openbox 9's and 10's and I'm the first to admit the UltraPlus isn't the easiest box to setup (but then thats why I buy off Leroy, the back up and help is just too good to be true,) but I digress and once they are set up they just work. What I had trouble with initially was understanding what the box was doing when doing the first initial setup. I was convinced that once I set the antenna up with the correct frequency and LNB settings it was just a simple blind scan, as I would with a Strong or anything similar, but what I found was the Ultra plus when doing it's very first blind scan looks like it's doing nothing, on my box the animation would stop and and it looked like it would get to a certain percentage point and freeze. In reality it hadn't frozen at all it simply takes quite a while to do that very first blind scan - I don't know but I think because it has too build a transponder database??? F''''d if I know but it did take quite some time. Once I had given it time to complete the scan I then did a standard network enabled scan and everything immediately fell into place.

I really don't know if I've explained this all correctly but in my opinion any of the ultra plus units are incredibly good value for money.
    They piss all over the S9 & 10 that I have, they are way better that the old Octagon 918's I run with way superior access abilities and far better speed. The only box I have that I feel is superior is the VU.

Just my 10 cents

Ohhh and I forgot, my blue and all manner of whites and several other colurs all work as well
    Last edited by Seymour Butts; 12-07-11 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour Butts View Post
    I have a couple of Ultraplus Boxes (a 9000 & a 980HD) along with an assortment of Octagons, Strong's, VU's, Dreams (500's & 800's) and Openbox 9's and 10's and I'm the first to admit the UltraPlus isn't the easiest box to setup (but then thats why I buy off Leroy, the back up and help is just too good to be true,) but I digress and once they are set up they just work. What I had trouble with initially was understanding what the box was doing when doing the first initial setup. I was convinced that once I set the antenna up with the correct frequency and LNB settings it was just a simple blind scan, as I would with a Strong or anything similar, but what I found was the Ultra plus when doing it's very first blind scan looks like it's doing nothing, on my box the animation would stop and and it looked like it would get to a certain percentage point and freeze. In reality it hadn't frozen at all it simply takes quite a while to do that very first blind scan - I don't know but I think because it has too build a transponder database??? F''''d if I know but it did take quite some time. Once I had given it time to complete the scan I then did a standard network enabled scan and everything immediately fell into place.

I really don't know if I've explained this all correctly but in my opinion any of the ultra plus units are incredibly good value for money.
    They piss all over the S9 & 10 that I have, they are way better that the old Octagon 918's I run with way superior access abilities and far better speed. The only box I have that I feel is superior is the VU.

Just my 10 cents

Ohhh and I forgot, my blue and all manner of whites and several other colurs all work as well

Very happy with my Powers purchased off LP. I have an assortment of other recievers, ie Octagon 918, Dreambox and a range of old Hummy's, Emtech's, Toppy's and the like. The Powers is by far the pick of them - I love its network capability, including the wireless set up but by far its best feature is the picture quality, eg most Austar MPEG 2 standard def services come out crappy on a large telly but the Powers seems to be able to iron out all of the 'noise' and other artefacts; in fact watching Austar on the Powers is like going back to the days before compression when Fox/Austar ran 60 or so channels and the uncompressed picture was superb.

Have no problems reading the Austar standard def card and also use the Powers for C BAND and the like - menus are user friendly, build quality is excellent and the box actually looks neat and tidy. 9 out of 10 for me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to pc9 For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (13-07-11)

Thanks

Default Mediastar

Mediastar 900s PVR 1080p and 8200s the best satellite receivers with 1080p Full HD
    I never have problem only with early model 1200s but problem solve with new software,

Daengsat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daengsat View Post
    Mediastar 900s PVR 1080p and 8200s the best satellite receivers with 1080p Full HD
    I never have problem only with early model 1200s but problem solve with new software,

Daengsat
    Please tell the troops why you think they are the best? I actually never had any problems with the 1200.

Leroy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    Please tell the troops why you think they are the best? I actually never had any problems with the 1200.

Leroy
    1. Design In Germany by FORTI
    2. Still made Korea
    3. capable of bringing Digital Surround Sound into your home
    4. look Elegance

My 8200s hooked to 9.1 ONKYO you can’t tell the world mate hhehee

Daengsat

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daengsat View Post

Daengsat

What new software are you refering to?

I have the Mediastar powers 1200s & keep having problems.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knowabit1 View Post
    What new software are you refering to?

I have the Mediastar powers 1200s & keep having problems.

Thanks
    I received new FW for the 1200 yesterday but haven't had time to check the results of testing with someone. From memory you are using a blue Foxtel card? It should work with the new firmware and the MCAS plugin.

Download the 1.09.28 firmware from

And July MCAS plugin from . Also if you use July Xcamclient you can get it from .

Copy the firmware file and the MCAS 'plugin' folder to a USB stick.
    Delete all plugins from receiver
    Stick the USB stick in the receiver
    USB Stick will be detected and then press red button to download firmware - box will reboot upon completion.
    When USB stick detected, left arrow and select format user data - box will reboot.
    When USB stick detected, left arrow and press green button to download the MCASplugin - box will reboot.
    In System Recovery menu do a System Restore to Factory Default

If you are using the box as a CS client, copy the Xcamlient plugin folder to the USB stick (you'll have to delete or rename the MCAS plugin)
    Stick in receiver and download - box will reboot upon completion.

Set it all up again and you should have pics.

I will post a formal thread shortly. It's odd that you're still having problems. Let me know how it
    goes.

***Please if you have a 5.3 or 5.4 Austar card then don't upgrade. 4.1/RDC/NDS should be fine.

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 11-08-11 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks

Thanks, i will put answers into this thread