Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VoIP Service - Who to Choose

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozbing View Post
    Pennytel value for money
    Pennytel are awesome!! with them now and i am recomnding them to everyone who wants voip!!

Thanks

Hi everyone, Im new here so i should say gday first.
    Im with Go Talk, seems ok but can anyone tell me if Pennytel is better/cheaper?
    I currently pay $30 odd a month but i suppose it depends on how many phone calls etc

Thanks

I've been with mynetfone for ages and never had a drama. Good support too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slickric View Post
    I've been with mynetfone for ages and never had a drama. Good support too
    +1

Thanks

I've been on $0 upfront MNF for a loooong time, no dramas at all. Upgraded several ATAs over the years from them then got a refurbished THOMSON ST780 which does the lot - wireless internet & VOIP with POST fallback. Cost about $60 on ebay (still available), costs about $20 for the sip hook up + DID as a washing machine person, it gives $20 credit. I just top up - so infrequently I can't remember how long ago I topped up last. Only drawback is call cost to mobiles, but it's still much cheaper. I can phone a mobile (cell) phone in New York for 2.5 c/m but so someone in my kitchen it's 17.5c/m.
    It's so cheap and reliable that it's not worth the effort to look for an alternative.

Thanks

Penny Tel not a bad choice

OzchipsDev

Thanks

Altaworx is a good voip service provider.. i am using the services of altaworx from last 6 months... this is really a good ...

Thanks

VoIP is not allowed in many countries. The administration's permission is very much required to start the VoIP services in the region. To use of Add Ons will not acceptable to the service providers, as the churn will be occupied by Add On services. Hence, it is always desirable to seek for proper authorization to start the service.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,060 Times in 3,338 Posts

A word of warning with VOIP in rural areas, I tried VOIP a couple of years back while using Internode. However, they have no DSLAMS of their own in our local exchange and lease from Telstra, which many providers do in rural areas. The added layer of complexity meant that my VOIP service was more miss than hit. If I managed to make a call, there's a good chance that I needed to call back at least once to make it successful. Receiving calls was even more hit and miss with similar problems. My sister is in the city and their VOIP services is much more reliable. I was aware, at the time, of many and varied potential traps with signalling and voip, can't remember them all now, though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    A word of warning with VOIP in rural areas, I tried VOIP a couple of years back while using Internode. However, they have no DSLAMS of their own in our local exchange and lease from Telstra, which many providers do in rural areas. The added layer of complexity meant that my VOIP service was more miss than hit. If I managed to make a call, there's a good chance that I needed to call back at least once to make it successful. Receiving calls was even more hit and miss with similar problems. My sister is in the city and their VOIP services is much more reliable. I was aware, at the time, of many and varied potential traps with signalling and voip, can't remember them all now, though.
    I would say internet services have improved a bit since then with the ADSL2+ upgrades around the rural areas. We are in rural Victoria and have been using Pennytel for two years now.
    Its great, with little or no difference noticed by others who I have called between the pennytel service and a normal landline.

• The Following User Says Thank You to denwol For This Useful Post:

Alexbrown012 (08-08-13)

Thanks

Yup i'd also claim that world wide web solutions have improved a little subsequently using the ADSL2+ updates throughout the countryside locations. Were throughout countryside Victoria and possess also been utilizing Pennytel for 2 several years currently.
    Last edited by mtv; 08-08-13 at 07:16 PM. Reason: link in sig removed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brotherbear View Post
    I am wondering who to choose for as a VoIP provider. The main purpose of me having a VoIP number is to recieve Direct In-Dial (DID) calls via a phone number (such as 07xxxxxxxx). I signed-up to DoDo's $4.95/month plan and recieved installed their hardware. After spending over 2 hours with technical support I was told to send it back and they would cancel my plan.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good VoIP provider that knows of a plan that would suit my needs aswell as offer the option to purchase the hardware required to run the system.

NOTE: I have heard good words about MyNetFone I am also wondering what experiences others have had with them.
    I wouldn't necessarily brand these companies as good, but I think you can try callcentric, megavoip, xlite, etc. Research on google for these, and you should come upon similar voip services.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mallanganee View Post
    I've been on $0 upfront MNF for a loooong time, no dramas at all. Upgraded several ATAs over the years from them then got a refurbished THOMSON ST780 which does the lot - wireless internet & VOIP with POST fallback. Cost about $60 on ebay (still available), costs about $20 for the sip hook up + DID as a washing machine person, it gives $20 credit. I just top up - so infrequently I can't remember how long ago I topped up last. Only drawback is call cost to mobiles, but it's still much cheaper. I can phone a mobile (cell) phone in New York for 2.5 c/m but so someone in my kitchen it's 17.5c/m.
    It's so cheap and reliable that it's not worth the effort to look for an alternative.
    There are cheaper alternatives my friend. These include google voice and talkatone. Once you are residing in the US or Canada, you can also make and receive calls with these services free of charge. Outside of the US or Canada, you can only make free calls; but it's still good.

Thanks

You can use magic-jack in Australia if you have enough internet upload speed. You may need to have a friend n the U.S. activate it, I'm not sure. If you want to call someone in US or Canada on a regular basis, have them buy and activate one in the U.S. and send it to you. It will have a U/S. number and there is no overseas charge.

Thanks

World Dial Point, for me.
    Have been with them for years, never had a problem.
    Frank gives a personalized service like no other.

Thanks

So no one uses Skype ?
    Ive been using it for 5 or so years and it does what I want.

• 31-05-16, 09:03 AM

• 05-11-16, 05:07 PM

Thanks

I use a company called Flowroute, they are wholesale but are located in the US, not sure if that is of any help to you.

Thanks

I use voip.ms and have found it to be pretty reliable. One of the things I like most is that it is a pay per use. You can put in $20 and don't pay another penny until you've used that money.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wbhad83 View Post
    I use voip.ms and have found it to be pretty reliable. One of the things I like most is that it is a pay per use. You can put in $20 and don't pay another penny until you've used that money.
    I too have had good luck with voip.ms here in the States. They have a great interface management system and a good number search for DIDs.

I can also recommend Localphone in England. No frills, but works.

The other provider I use is CallCentric.

• 26-06-17, 09:10 PM

Thanks

Network Voice and Data is who we use :-)
    They also deliver our fax, 1300 number's as well
    And give us a great deal on trunks, calls are cheap
    Email them at sbdc@sbd.net.au is the best way to contact them

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast