Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VoIP Service - Who to Choose

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

A Town near me is going over to the NBN starting in April and it seems they will be using one of the physical line options.
    This has got me curious if it will affect me sometime in the future as I use the SkyMuster Satellite and still have my copper landline in place.
    From what has been said, its possible that Telstra could decide to close down the copper network and then I would have to look for an alternative means for a phone service.
    I knew VoiP existed back when I signed up almost a year ago to connect to SkyMuster but very little was said by my ISP at the time and I got the impression from them I was better off staying with the copper network due to the variables that affect Satellite transmissions.
    I just checked my ISP's website and there has been some major changes, now they list a number of plans to use VoiP which they never did before.

I am part way through changing one of my SIM cards over due to the much lower costs available with another to be done this Thursday so now I am trying to decide whether to cancel or keep the Home Phone, if I keep it, do I stay on the current L/Line with its $40 line rental or cancel it and go either Mobile or VoiP??

No one can really give me an answer but I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has along with any Pro's and Con's............
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 20-02-18 at 06:24 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Just my 2 cents worth here, I have used this co for years now, they have unlimited plans, prepaid, and they are a huge provider of 100's of DIDs I use for my clients. Great support and service so far. Vitelity.net
    I believe i pay about 1.50 per mo per Local DID and 2 for Toll Free. I use them for my home phone as well. They have good web mgmt interface and most DIDs have sms service attached at no addl charge. Little or Big, they seem to be solid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    I am part way through changing one of my SIM cards over due to the much lower costs available with another to be done this Thursday so now I am trying to decide whether to cancel or keep the Home Phone, if I keep it, do I stay on the current L/Line with its $40 line rental or cancel it and go either Mobile or VoiP??
    Given that with the NBN when power goes out so does the phone. Also VOIP will cost you additional per month?

The landline cost plus calls would cost more than your two Aldi plans combined.

If you go mobile only (or VOIP) you will lose all your Indian friends and the begging phone calls. You will also have to advise everyone of your new number(s).
    If Australia is a democracy why, then, is voting compulsory?

"What has changed between the arrival of the First Fleet and today?"
    "Wearing leg irons is now not required."

• 17-11-18, 09:10 PM

Thanks

I think it's been said already but are pretty decent, as are Blue Telecoms

To be quite honest, there are hundreds of similar companies out there and many are free/cheap to setup. If one is bad then you can easily shift to something better.

First post too! Hello everyone!

• 09-03-20, 02:16 PM

• 24-09-20, 06:21 AM

• 08-02-21, 12:44 AM

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123