Thread: Wake up timer

Thanks

Default Wake up timer

Hi'
    Do these UEC DSD4121 boxes have the ability to turn themselves on so a external recorder could do it's work,seeing they don't have a recorder inbuilt I suspect the answer is no.Had a quick look around but couldn't find a answer so thought I'd ask the question.
    Thanks......

Look Here ->
    Thanks

you can set timers within the EPG so the box changes channels

seeing they don't have a recorder inbuilt
    a PVR firmware update and new remote is coming for these boxes

Do these UEC DSD4121 boxes have the ability to turn themselves on so a external recorder could do it's work
    if you want full recording control over the box (channel changes and power up/down) record with a Mythtv PVR with an IR Blaster or a Slingbox/Volcano with an IR Blaster

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mysterex For This Useful Post:

Pocket Rocket (14-07-11)

Thanks

Thanks for that.At the moment I have the Strong and connected HDD panasonic recorder (connected via the STB video output) start up record the program and then both turn off again.So this UEC box can change channels via a 'reminder' but can't start up via a timer,not good....in my case anyway.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Hi Pocket Rocket,
    when you say "So this UEC box can change channels via a 'reminder' but can't start up via a timer,not good....in my case anyway."

Be carefull the (B) reminder doesn't actually change channels, it just hangs on your screen waiting for you to change, (A) for autotune will change channels if the box is left on. See full EPG path below.

Just select the future program that you want in the EPG & press the OK button on the remote once for (B) banner-AKA reminder, again you will get (A) for Auto tune, pressiing again cancels.

I'm hopefull that the future PVR firmware upgrade will improve this to the extent of turning the box on from standby.

Hope thats helpful & probably what you meant.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."