Thread: Ideas on a Hybrid system

Thanks

Default Ideas on a Hybrid system

Hey guys,
    I have a big client that would like to upgrade their CCTV system.
    I am open to all options and opinions because I really do want to supply them with the best product I can.
    Heres the guidelines:

- Hybrid site; I have 10 cameras (Analog) in one area and 6 in another (some IP some Analog) currently they are separate systems but I want to mitigate the two.
    - Expandable considerably (lets say 200 cameras) with cameras in the future being IP based moving away from Analog.
    - There is an internal network separate to the clients consumer (their words) network, currently running their access control in a dual ring topology so that if one link goes down, it re-routes the other way.
    - Flexibility, no propiertry cameras ect so it needs to be as flexible as possible.
    - Client is suppling the server; My idea is that the hybrid NVRs will be just a route point for the video and the server will store the footage and manage the multiple users.
    - multiple users at any one time on.

Is this achievable? The switches are already on site, the infrastructure is in place and ready to go I my mind it all makes sense with the Hybrid NVRs capturing and routing the footage to what is basically a RAID..

Lets discuss!
    Last edited by Uncle Kneebo; 18-07-11 at 10:57 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

IMO Milestone is the way to go.

Thanks

Speak to DAS about their new Sirus product. On the surface, it doesn't appear as much more than RASPLUS on steroids but under the hood there's quite a bit more going on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Speak to DAS about their new Sirus product. On the surface, it doesn't appear as much more than RASPLUS on steroids but under the hood there's quite a bit more going on.
    I have been speaking with Pacom about (DAS) Sirus for a couple of weeks now and although I can get the pricing the sales/tech support is apprehensive about giving out detail even though we buy all of our CCTV equipment thru them.I know its a new product and we arent the biggest company they have (3 DVRs a month ect) . I will suss it out a bit more today because for an NVR its pretty price point (no additional licencing)

Milestone - I will research this bad boy today and get the leeerrnerrd hat on.

thanks guys

Thanks

Has anyone read the new Security Electronics issue July 2011?
    They have a Panasonic product in there called the WJ-NV200 that looks ok.
    By any chance has anyone been able to play with these? share your knowledge with a leech!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

I was introduced to another product today.

by American Dynamics. Plays in the same vertical as Milestone.

Thanks

OK,

We have just finished a RSL club from DvTel to Exacq Vision and they have a really neat
    Hybrid system, I can tell you from experience and thatexacq is the best option... It intergrates with Inner Range and Cardax if the customer has either..

I know you are well infomred and many of you stick with the traditional suppliers I would suggest you get a quote from Video Security and call Dan... They are now the Australian Distributors for SONY and the VMS form Exacq is bloody good and easy to use.

You want a Z series for Raid and 100% expandable in the future.. Have a look at the online Demo and you tube videos on Exacq website .. Cross Platform so runs on MAC, Linux and windows...

Also AFFORDABLE and unlimted clients so there are no hidden costs to yourself or the customer when they expand.

If you like I will PM you Dan's email and number and you can give him a call and he will give you a login or send a demo as he did for my client.

Thanks
    Jamie
    Last edited by MegapixelMan; 19-07-11 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kneebo View Post
    I have been speaking with Pacom about (DAS) Sirus for a couple of weeks now and although I can get the pricing the sales/tech support is apprehensive about giving out detail even though we buy all of our CCTV equipment thru them.I know its a new product and we arent the biggest company they have (3 DVRs a month ect) . I will suss it out a bit more today because for an NVR its pretty price point (no additional licencing)

Milestone - I will research this bad boy today and get the leeerrnerrd hat on.

thanks guys
    Wholesaler sales/tech support gives pricing but no details on products = 'Yeah, we'll sell it, but we've been to slack to play with it so we really don't know much about it" or "We don't think you're capable of installing this product and wish to mitigate the risk to our name"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Wholesaler sales/tech support gives pricing but no details on products = 'Yeah, we'll sell it, but we've been to slack to play with it so we really don't know much about it" or "We don't think you're capable of installing this product and wish to mitigate the risk to our name"
    Cheeky boy.
    No doubt on either of the two but unless you get your hands dirty and start the process you wont learn.
    No different to picking up the coax crimper for the first time is it? All swell...Sirus did just come out tho.
    My rep is sending me thru the specs on DVtel ect as according to him its better suited due to being more compatible with multiple camera manufactures.
    Exciting stuff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MegapixelMan View Post
    OK,

We have just finished a RSL club from DvTel to Exacq Vision and they have a really neat
    Hybrid system, I can tell you from experience and thatexacq is the best option... It intergrates with Inner Range and Cardax if the customer has either..

I know you are well infomred and many of you stick with the traditional suppliers I would suggest you get a quote from Video Security and call Dan... They are now the Australian Distributors for SONY and the VMS form Exacq is bloody good and easy to use.

You want a Z series for Raid and 100% expandable in the future.. Have a look at the online Demo and you tube videos on Exacq website .. Cross Platform so runs on MAC, Linux and windows...

Also AFFORDABLE and unlimted clients so there are no hidden costs to yourself or the customer when they expand.

If you like I will PM you Dan's email and number and you can give him a call and he will give you a login or send a demo as he did for my client.

Thanks
    Jamie
    Yes please Jamie! The more infomation I can get on anything that will suit the better I am!
    thanks alot for your help!

Thanks

DvTel working with more camera manufactuers is not true as thats a saleman pitch.. They are actaully trying to sell more Dvtel Cameras so companies like SONY only have 2 many 3 cameras in Megapixel on the list.... This is a reason may of the customers we deal with have moved away from it and to other companies like Exacq and Genetec etc.

Jamie

• The Following User Says Thank You to MegapixelMan For This Useful Post:

Drift (20-07-11)

Thanks

Exacq is the tits!

Thanks

Told you !!!! Did Dan look after you.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MegapixelMan View Post
    Told you !!!! Did Dan look after you.
    hahaha yeah he talked some smack on you. Told me you always run your cabling with 415v motor cabling. Jk.
    Its so flexible and simple. Exactly what I need, he is sending down a test unit for me to play with. Thanks Jamie I am really happy with the contact we have had so far and its thanks to you!
    Admittibly I havent seen all of the IP solutions out there but who has. Of the few I have this one is price point and not proprietary on the cameras.
    Stoked

Thanks

Sweet..

There are some nice systems out there other then the usual suspects but reliability, support, clientele protection and ease of use are the biggest things for me when choosing a system.. Also they have "On Edge Processing" that allows only the meta data to be sent from the camera ( motion done at camera ) so network throughput is minimal compared to the processer hungry compeditors.

Exacq has all and really don't prostitute themselves to every yum cha Distributor like ACTi cameras and a few not to be named VMS software, while saying price compeditive.

Yeah tell Dan at least I can run cable !!! haha

Glad you are happy.

Cheers
    Jamie
    Last edited by MegapixelMan; 21-07-11 at 04:14 PM.

Thanks

Have used Exacq as well.
    Not a bad system, was hell of a lot cheaper than DVTEL.

Did have a bit of the issue with the client crashing with arecont cameras. But server was still recording and after a bit got hold of a login to a exacq ftp site with a batch of updates and fixes.

Webserver was good not that hard to enable. Map with the flashing camera to indicate motion impressed the client.
    But it was still simple to use for the client.
    Edge processing motion detection recording is supported unlike a few IP systems I have looked at.

Least you have some options in selecting suitable cameras.

Another one is the CSD Genetec, not used it however...
    Last edited by Privatteer; 22-07-11 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks

Genetec is good software and reliable but again it comes down to ease of use for the client... Also with the Genetec it works with mobotix and alot of larger sites already have Mobotix and Exacq doesn't.

My personal preference is Exacq as Clients at the end of the day are paying the bill and will manage after hand over ,with exacq handover is seemless and Genetc requires ongoing training.