Thread: Foxtel IQ box - no power?

Thanks

Default Foxtel IQ box - no power?

Hello all.

This morning I woke up and Foxtel seemed broken. There are no lights on the IQ box, even when you press the power button several times. The TV, the DVD player and the VCR player surrounding it all work fine.

I called Foxtel technical support, and was given the suggestion of connecting the IQ box to another power point. Tried that. Also tried turning the power off for a while, then back on, but still nothing.

I am not sure how this could have worked anyway, as the IQ box isn't connected to the same power points as the TV/DVD player/VCR etc. It is connected to the wall via a cable, which I don't think I should unscrew.

Has anybody experienced this same problem? I imagine many have, as there is a paragraph dedicated to it under the troubleshooting page on the Foxtel website. It offers the same advice as the woman offered over the telephone.

I have a very angry mother over this situation and would like to change this!

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Sorry - I should clarify something:

When the woman on the telephone suggested I plug the IQ box into another power point, by that I mean that I plugged all of the other cords into another power point, as the IQ box isn't attached to a power point but rather that little cable in the wall.

Cheers!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

What you are saying doesn't make sense.

The iQ must be plugged into a power point/power board etc.... some form of connection to 240V AC mains power.

Only the signal input is via the coax cable, so if the box isn't plugged into a power point (eg: no power connection) that would be why it isn't working.

If you connect it to a known-working power outlet with the power cable connected correctly and it still doesn't power up... then it's probably an internal fault with the power supply in the box and the box (and smartcard) will need to be replaced by Foxtel.

Thanks

the cord might be loose or missing from the back of the unit - as mtv said, you still need to plug the IQ box into a normal powerpoint, so look to see if the cord is loose or not attached to the back of the box, plug it into the back of the box and plug the other end into a normal powerpoint

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tammytumpkins View Post
    Hello all.

This morning I woke up and Foxtel seemed broken. There are no lights on the IQ box, even when you press the power button several times. The TV, the DVD player and the VCR player surrounding it all work fine.
    do you have IQ1 or IQ1.5 (with external power pack) ?
    The box (especially IQ1.5) may be gone if you had power surge/blackout.
    Have you had smart meter installed recently by any chance ?