Thread: iPod repair recommendations?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Default iPod repair recommendations?

A mate of my Son's bricked his 4thgen iPod by plugging it into a faulty USB port on my PC. I've tried standard reset/restore button combo's, but it appears to genuinely dead.

The iPod was the kid's pride and joy, and I feel like shit that he blew it up on my equipment. Could anyone recommend a repair service for iPods?

Look Here ->
    2014 Austech AFL tipping champion.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,523 Times in 804 Posts

What is it doing/not doing, does the computer recognize it, when plugged in.

Thanks

I am happy to have a look for you - and if it just needs a reflash, or stuck in recovery loop - happy to fix it for free

express it to me - with an express envelope to yourself and can do it all within 3 days - at least you will know - pm if you want me to have a look

my experience - most problems tend to be faulty leads - it takes an absolute mess to kill one

cheers

f
    有段者

Thanks
    Thanked 1,087 Times in 637 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Onefella View Post
    Could anyone recommend a repair service for iPods?
    if you're not near an Apple store you can deal with them via post but as it's the current model it should still be under warranty (you can check the warranty status via the Apple website) in which case they would replace it at no cost (other than postage cost if you need to do that)

if you can get him to check on a computer that he has synced with previously, go to Edit, Preferences, Devices and you'll see his iPod listed in the backups that get created when you sync, hover over the iPod and the serial number will show, enter the serial number here and you can check the warranty status

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,360 Times in 678 Posts

Hi Guys, thanks for the quick replies. To elaborate on the problem, the unit is stone-cold motherless dead. Power-volume down for 6/10 seconds and power-home button combo's do nothing. No apple logo, no screen movement of any description.

freakee1, thanks for the offer, I may just take you up on that. But I will try a different lead first as you suggested.

jok11n, thanks for the tips, I'll certainly follow up the warranty information before I send it anywhere.