Thread: Help with MioMap on HP H2210

Thanks

Default Help with MioMap on HP H2210

Hi all,

Been trying to get GPS software runing on an old HP H2210 PDA for several weeks now. The H2210 is a 240x320 (or 320x240) QVGA PDA with 64mb ram and runs Windows mmobile 2003.

Have researched the topic and options via this forum as well as one other. Have downloaded many versions of MIOMAP V3.2 & V3.3 and tried to install them without much success.

They either seem to stall during the install process or lockup just after installation, in some cases they crash with an exception.

I have managed to get one version going which is MIOMAP V3.2 (19 Jan 2007 version) with the lastest Australian Sensis V14 (R14) maps but it too is unstable in several ways.

For example if I try to find an address via the cross intersection option it crashes with an exception or sometimes stalls and I have to do a hard reset and reinstall to get it all going again

The other problem with this version is that there are many phantom visible POI's being displayed in the maps. According to the doco these are "unnamed" group POI's or "contact" POI's which I haven't setup and can't seem to hide. If I tap either of these POI's it crashes with an exception and I have to do a soft reset. If it crashes several times eventually I have to do a hard rest and re-install.

I have also tried Tomtom Nav 6 (V6.03 build 8320) which seems to be OK and works fine with the latest Australian map but I prefer the MIOMAP look and feel.

I have also tried several versions of iGo my Way 2006 as wells as iGo my Way 2006 Plus again without success. 2006 Plus runs out of memory during the install process.

You folks seem to be experts so I hope you can help.

regards

Dazz60

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I have a c520 mio and version 3.3

I wouldn't even bother putting a sensis map into a device.

That many mistakes in the program.
    My mother in law is going into a nursing home in croydon and when we tried to input the address for iBIS nursing home, acording to our Mio, the address does not exist...
    Even an address 2 Gilda court in mulgrave does not exist.
    We had to make up a number to get there.

Biggest heap of Crap I've ever bought.
    even tom tom is inaccurate for some places..

Try punching in traralgon south.
    Hazelwood north
    Loy Yang,

Even the Highland highway is up to shit.
    it goes to south of traralgon, through loy yang power station area then on to Gormandale..This is the new way to get to Yarram.
    The old road from 5 years ago still on sensis maps.All there is nowis a locked gate and a bloody great coal mine in the middle of this old highway.