Thread: Is a nightarm function on Bosch Solution 16+ possible?

Thanks

Lightbulb Is a nightarm function on Bosch Solution 16+ possible?

I'm keen on purchasing a Bosch 16+. The one function i need that it doesn't support, is a dedicated night arm/panic function (CP105a). A number of the other Bosch systems support this function.

After much research on the net, I have found a few threads that suggest you can mimic this function on the 16+, with any run of the mill switch mechanism, and appropriate connection/configuration of the unit. For the life of me though, I can't find instructions on how to do this.

Has anyone come across this, and point me to instructions to do so?

Thanks in advance

Look Here ->
    Thanks

This is how to do what you are asking - if you don't understand any of the following, save yourself the heartache and use a licensed installer with Solution 16+ experience:

1. Wire a momentary-action NC switch and EOL resistor into a zone in the usual way
    2. Program the zone as a keyswitch zone
    3. Program Inputs > Global Input Options > Keyswitch Options as Momentary - Part On/Off
    Each time the switch is pressed, the panel will toggle between Part On and Disarmed.

If you want visual feedback, wire up an LED and 3k3 resistor between an available output and 12V, and program the output to follow Output Event Type 24 (Area Part On). Panic can also be achieved with a second switch wired into another zone, programmed as Zone Type 10 (Panic 24-hour).

(To all you other installers/techies out there - hope that doesn't give too much away about the "black magic" that we call the security business )

Thanks

Out of interest, why not just use an additional keypad, enable "single button arming" for part-on mode (and/or disarm of same)?

Exactly the same functionality, PLUS the ability to read an LCD showing what's going on.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Out of interest, why not just use an additional keypad, enable "single button arming" for part-on mode (and/or disarm of same)?

Exactly the same functionality, PLUS the ability to read an LCD showing what's going on.
    That was my orignal intention, but thought it would look out of place down a corridor near the bedrooms.

Out of interest, can the Bosch CP105A be used to provide the momentary switch and status indicators for night mode arming? I could make a part arm switch up myself, but it wont look as professional

Thanks

Rotanon,

You could probably use an illuminated exit button for a press on, press off keyswitch type activation, with the LED indicating arm/disarm via an output. But it's a really kludgey way to do it these days.

The keypads are not unattractive and wouldn't look any more out of place than a lightswitch. They even come in any colour (as long as it is black or white).

They give proper feedback about what is going on. Moreover, have you considered how the system is to be disarmed if the siren activates? One-button arm and disarm of a partial area is probably okay as long as the perimeter is completely covered. However a one-button unauthenticated disarm after an alarm, is a bad idea. If you developed 'something' that worked, the user would still need to scurry (probably straight past a deafening screamer) to a keypad in order to turn the damned thing off. I think it's better they simply have a keypad nearby.

The other thing I suppose you could consider, is a wireless keyfob, which has a very simple arm/disarm and part-arm button on it. However the only feedback you get, is the siren speaker chirping, which often annoys neighbours.

I recommend you simply put in a keypad and be happy.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 31-07-11 at 11:59 PM.