Thread: Networx NX4 alarm remote control

Thanks

Default Networx NX4 alarm remote control

Hi,

We have a Networx Nx4 alarm system and yesterday we had the electricial move the internal control panel.

Since then the remote controls are not working.

Is this a problem which I can fix myself?

If so could someone please be so kind to let me know the sequence.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Hi MJB
    You will need to place the system into programming mode to re enable the remotes. To do this you will need the installaer code which your security company should have.
    If installer code is not known system will need to be defaulted and reprogrammed which should be done by a licensed technician.

Thanks

Default Thanks

Thanks for that, I will get onto the supplier.

I apperciate your timely response.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sickpuppy View Post
    Hi MJB
    You will need to place the system into programming mode to re enable the remotes. To do this you will need the installaer code which your security company should have.
    If installer code is not known system will need to be defaulted and reprogrammed which should be done by a licensed technician.
    As I reside in Qld what is a licenced technician and if you are licenced is that a guarentee that the licenced tech knows what he is doing as an ACA licence does mean you are trained on alarm systems. But that's in Qld.

Thanks

Wrong Thread, sorry
    Last edited by oldsalt; 14-05-08 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks

I too have a similar issue.
    Ive got the nx4 button remote. An electrician was doing some electrical work yesterday and cut the power. once power was back up the remotes stopped working. I checked out the receiver and thought a simple case of just relearning the remotes by pressing the button on the circuit board of the receiver, wait for the flashing led and away I go...

However, the LED does not seem to be working. its as if there is no power.

Just some additional back round. The electrician disconected one the alarm sensors in the house and has left the wires to the sensor dangling ( taped up ) until the sensor is moved to the new location...Is it possible that by disconnecting a sensor and possibly not properly terminating the wires that this may be causing the issue ??? ( and to be resolved once the sensor is reconnected ? )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevagreene View Post
    I too have a similar issue.
    Ive got the nx4 button remote. An electrician was doing some electrical work yesterday and cut the power. once power was back up the remotes stopped working. I checked out the receiver and thought a simple case of just relearning the remotes by pressing the button on the circuit board of the receiver, wait for the flashing led and away I go...

However, the LED does not seem to be working. its as if there is no power.

Just some additional back round. The electrician disconected one the alarm sensors in the house and has left the wires to the sensor dangling ( taped up ) until the sensor is moved to the new location...Is it possible that by disconnecting a sensor and possibly not properly terminating the wires that this may be causing the issue ??? ( and to be resolved once the sensor is reconnected ? )
    Is the service light on as this will indicate any unusual problems with the system as a mains power failure with a workable standby battery should not effect the sytem operation for some hours and accidentially shorting the power to the sensor will shut down the supply until the overload condition resets.

Thanks

Whenever any NX Series alarm panel that has a remote kit, is powered down. the remotes will cease to work. This is a security feature and needs to be re-enabled as was said earlier by entering programming mode and then exiting. This then re-enrolls the remote fob receiver and they will start to work again.

If you have pressed the program button on the receiver then there is also a chance that you may have deleted the fobs as well. Either way you need access to the installer code.

Paul

• The Following User Says Thank You to Paulypudding For This Useful Post:

BulletMaster (07-07-11)

Thanks

thanx for everyones advice. i had the original installer come out and he had it going again in 5 minutes flat. not exactly sure what he did but he didnt touch the receiver box at all. punched some code into the alarm panel so the service light was hard on, waited for the light to go off, tested the remotes and all ok..he said that he needed to do a reset of the whole unit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevagreene View Post
    thanx for everyones advice. i had the original installer come out and he had it going again in 5 minutes flat. not exactly sure what he did but he didnt touch the receiver box at all. punched some code into the alarm panel so the service light was hard on, waited for the light to go off, tested the remotes and all ok..he said that he needed to do a reset of the whole unit.
    What took him so long?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paulypudding View Post
    Whenever any NX Series alarm panel that has a remote kit, is powered down. the remotes will cease to work. This is a security feature and needs to be re-enabled as was said earlier by entering programming mode and then exiting. This then re-enrolls the remote fob receiver and they will start to work again.
    Thank you for this post.. it was driving me nut's why my remotes wouldn't work. Reset and away they went! (I know the post is years old, but my alarm is still fully functional). Anyone know of a module I can get to interface with the NX4/8 alarm to send SMS to a mobile?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BulletMaster View Post
    Thank you for this post.. it was driving me nut's why my remotes wouldn't work. Reset and away they went! (I know the post is years old, but my alarm is still fully functional). Anyone know of a module I can get to interface with the NX4/8 alarm to send SMS to a mobile?
    SMS module

I have not used this, but DAS were selling them to add to the NX panels
    Last edited by secure; 08-07-11 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks

ComNav would be a better addition as it sits on the NX bus rather than being a contact ID capture. Plenty more features that make it well worth while.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

secure (11-07-11)