Thread: NX-12 Chime Activation

Thanks

Question NX-12 Chime Activation

G'day all,

I have a NX-12 and would like to activate the chime function.

I have the User Manual. that tells me contact the installer to have it enabled.

Thanks to you guys on the old forum, I also have the Installation & Programming Manual, however, I can't understand what needs to be done to enable the chime.

Due to the fact that my local installer has shown himself to me to be incompetent, I have nobody local to call.

I need to set the chime to sound when Zone 7 is entered.

Zone 7 is my garage and I generally keep the roller door open of a day.

Like most people, I have a few pointy and sharp objects in the garage.

My problem is that a few of the neighbours younger kids get in the garage looking for me and I am worried that they may hurt themselves.

It happened yesterday when one of the mothers asked where their son was as he was coming over, we found him in the garage.

You see I really need this chime function, anyone have a solution for me please. Like the code to enter in the control pad.

EDIT: I now have the Installer Code.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

If you look at the zone configuration table you will find you answer there and that the easy part as the zones attributes are programmed in segments so you need to check the segmaents first before you change the required zone and hence an installer should do this in no time

I have installed NX panels from the day they were released and always program the chime in for garage area and has done wonders for garage protection with the alarm off yet detecting movement when the chime is on

Thanks

I have no problems with paying an installer to do this, however, as I posted in the old forum he is a dill.

I supplied all the gear and system, he charged $1,700.00 to install it and even then I had to bring his mistakes to his attention, like wiring two PIR's in the same bedroom.

He also installed a front door monitor and buggared it up by not wiring it as per the install instructions, the remote unlock never worked (rewired by me).

He refused to give me my manual, the box key and the installer code.

Someone on the old forum kindly sent me a manual and key.

I fronted the installer a couple of months back and threated to do him harm if he didn't give me the installer code, he gave it to me.

There was a member of the old forum who came from and visited my area (Kadina SA), other than that there are no other installers in my area as I am in Country South Australia.

Naturally I can't check details of those who offered to help me in the old forum, as all the data was lost.

So, you see that I need someone to write a procedure for me to this myself.

If I could make sense of the zone configuration table I would not be asking for help.
    Last edited by oldsalt; 14-05-08 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks

Old Salt

PM me and i will sort it out for you

Thanks

Thanks guys, all is cool.

The chime is a chiming

Thanks to everyone and especially one.