Thread: Help with Oscam for Ultraplus F9000

Thanks

Default Help with Oscam for Ultraplus F9000

Hey All,
    I've been heavily browsing the forums to find the answers but think i need a bit of help.
    Basically, I have an UP F9000 and a UP900HD. Ive been using the UP9000 with MCAS and UP900HD with MClient on my local network with no problems.
    The thing is, i want to take one of my boxes to my place of work (900HD) but I am struggling with the configuration.
    I know about dyndns etc for setting up the F9000 as a server, but don't think i can get it to work with MCAS and Cccam. If anyone can give me some guidance i'd be very grateful.
    I've tried to get Oscam and mgcamd running on the 9000 but having no joy can't seem to get them to even start. A lot of the configuration option just don't make sense to me (not even sure if i'm heading in the right direction).
    It is for use with Sly NZ.
    Cheers
    Gaz

Look Here ->
    Thanks

What you're trying to do is not impossible but it's allot harder than using a dm500 or a linux box as the server. The f9000 will work as a server running oscam and the the 900hd can connect using xcamclient. I spent many hours trying to get this to work (with help from others) and got it working once, the picture was scrambled a bit and unclear. It stopped working once the unit was power cycled.

Will your card work with a dm500? I recommend buying one and using that as your server and then have two viewing boxes. Trust me this will save you allot of time and frustration.

MCAS and mclient will only work in your LAN and not outside your home. This combination in a LAN is the easiest by far, other options and setups are harder to configure. MCAS will work with Mclient only. Mgcamd will connect to an Oscam server, but the server is very hard to get going on the f9000. the DM500 will cost you $100, it also has a web int that's very easy to monitor and configure from there.

Do some reading and ask questions when you cannot find an answer. The f9000 is not as common as the 980hd or the 900hd. Majority or 95% people prefer the vu duo over the f9000.

Thanks

Ok, so I can't seem to get oscam to read my skynz nds card in my Ultraplus F-9000 so i'm kind of stuck here. When i view oscam in WebIF it says card not supported
    My configs are as below:

# oscam.conf

[global]
    logfile = stdout
    disableuserfile = 1
    nice = -1
    preferlocalcards = 1

[webif]
    httpallowed = 192.168.1.2-192.168.1.200
    httpport = 8000
    httpuser =
    httppwd =

[newcamd]
    port = 15000@096A:000000
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314

[dvbapi]
    enabled = 1
    au = 0
    boxtype = 12
    user =
    request_mode = 0

# oscam.server

[reader]
    label = nz
    description = Lower_Cardreader
    enable = 1
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    caid = 096A
    detect = cd
    mhz = 500
    cardmhz = 5
    boxid = = xxxxxxxx
    ident = 096A:000000
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,1,2
    lb_weight = 100

# oscam.user

[account]
    user = user
    pwd = pwd
    group = 1
    au = 1
    caid = 096A

[account]
    user = test
    pwd = test
    cccignorereshare = 0
    keepalive = 0

Can someone have a look at the config and spot any mistakes i may have made?
    As the UP9000 doesn't natively support a nds card without plugins, i think this may be 1 of my problems. I have selected protocol = internal
    Is this correct or should this be set to something else?

Also i have set cardmhz to 5, not sure if this is the optimum value for a sky nds card?

cheers for any help
    Gaz

Thanks

Sorry, incorrect info.
    Last edited by CoopsOz; 14-08-11 at 09:41 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by johnwinger View Post
    What you're trying to do is not impossible but it's allot harder than using a dm500 or a linux box as the server. The f9000 will work as a server running oscam and the the 900hd can connect using xcamclient. I spent many hours trying to get this to work (with help from others) and got it working once, the picture was scrambled a bit and unclear. It stopped working once the unit was power cycled.

Will your card work with a dm500? I recommend buying one and using that as your server and then have two viewing boxes. Trust me this will save you allot of time and frustration.

MCAS and mclient will only work in your LAN and not outside your home. This combination in a LAN is the easiest by far, other options and setups are harder to configure. MCAS will work with Mclient only. Mgcamd will connect to an Oscam server, but the server is very hard to get going on the f9000. the DM500 will cost you $100, it also has a web int that's very easy to monitor and configure from there.

Do some reading and ask questions when you cannot find an answer. The f9000 is not as common as the 980hd or the 900hd. Majority or 95% people prefer the vu duo over the f9000.
    Im beginning to think this is not possible with an Ultraplus. I can not get the internal card reader to read the Sky NDS card unless i use mcas. Not sure if anyone has managed this before as i can't find the answer. What protocol would read the card in Oscam?

Option B is that i have a phoenix infinity usb reader. Can i use this with the UP9000 as an external card reader?
    cheers
    Gary

Thanks

I havent mucked around with this in a few months so I'm a bit rusty and I'm not too sure about the Sky NDS card.

Also this line may be wrong

device = /dev/sci0

I think on the Ultraplus models it is called something different?

How are you starting and stopping Oscam?

Personally I would find out if your card works in a dm500, this is a much easier option.

I spent over 20 hours trying to figure this out and ended up buying a dm500 and getting it working in less than an hour from start to finish. I got all the knowledge from here to do this.

• The Following User Says Thank You to johnwinger For This Useful Post:

gazdaman (15-08-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Here is the Oscam plugin I have which is configured for your SkyNZ cards.

You'll need to add your boxkey to one of the config files in /var/tuxbox. Also the caid in those config files should be correct for SkyNZ. I don't know if this works with the recent change Sky made but it should keep you off the streets for a while!

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

gazdaman (15-08-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post

You'll need to add your boxkey to one of the config files in /var/tuxbox. Also the caid in those config files should be correct for SkyNZ. I don't know if this works with the recent change Sky made but it should keep you off the streets for a while!

Leroy
    Hey John/Leroy, Thanks very much for the info and help.
    Once i tried Leroys plugin i was up and running. Well at least getting a picture
    It is a fairly old build of oscam so not sure if a newer version would improve performance or if a newer version is even available for the UP boxes?
    I will have a play with this one anyway.
    Thanks again

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gazdaman View Post
    Hey John/Leroy, Thanks very much for the info and help.
    Once i tried Leroys plugin i was up and running. Well at least getting a picture
    It is a fairly old build of oscam so not sure if a newer version would improve performance or if a newer version is even available for the UP boxes?
    I will have a play with this one anyway.
    Thanks again
    There would be a newer version and I was told redcam is the update but don't know if that supports your card.
    octagon-forum.com is where to go. It's in German but you should be able to work out how to register.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Glad you're up and running. I was trying with another card and had some issues, hopefully your card is easier.

Thanks

Glad you're up and running. I was trying with another card and had some issues, hopefully your card is easier.
    The plugin and configs did come from the land of the big white sheep

Leroy

Thanks

There would be a newer version and I was told redcam is the update but don't know if that supports your card.
    octagon-forum.com is where to go. It's in German but you should be able to work out how to register.

Leroy
    Cheers Leroy,
    Google chrome is good for that site and other euro sharing sites as it auto translates to English.

• The Following User Says Thank You to gazdaman For This Useful Post:

LeroyPatrol (16-08-11)

Thanks

Leroy's middle name is ultraplus. For a laugh go to youtube and put it leroy jenkins.

Thanks

Leroy's middle name is ultraplus. For a laugh go to youtube and put it leroy jenkins.
    Yeh I do like my UltraPlus's. Only the HD versions of course
    Now that Leeroy lead his troops to their death lol

Leroy

Thanks

Hey guys,
    A couple more questions.
    Should my card be receiving EMM updates? it doesn't appear to be receiving any.
    That brings me to my next question. Card expiry is showing as october 2011. What happens if it reaches the expiry date?
    Cheers
    Gaz

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gazdaman View Post
    Hey guys,
    A couple more questions.
    Should my card be receiving EMM updates? it doesn't appear to be receiving any.
    That brings me to my next question. Card expiry is showing as october 2011. What happens if it reaches the expiry date?
    Cheers
    Gaz
    I'm not up with NDS card entitlements and read about cards working with some funny entitlement dates.

Leroy

Thanks

Leroy
    Hi Leroy would you by any chance have these files you uploaded to megaupload as i'm struggling to get my ultraplus working with oscam works perfect on my vu duo but trying to get my ultraplus 900 working as my vu duo died so have resorted to this cheaper alternative but definitely vu+duo was far superior to Setup

If you could re upload those files would appeciate it

Thank You

Thanks

far supperior but yet fails......hmmmmm

I'll find them and upload over the weekend.

Leroy