Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help hyundai radio

Thanks

Default help hyundai radio

hi all need help (again) I have a 2006 getz witch i changed the battery in and now i have to enter the radio code I have the code but it seems to need some wierd sequence to enter it.its a mp3-03 deck all the google searches have not got me very far I am hoping someone here has one and knows the trick
    any help greatly appreciated.

now ill give back a little info I aquired from my local hyundai dealer for free
    if you lose your radio code on your hyundai remove the deck read the last 4 digits of the serial number add 1212 = your code.
    eg serial is XXXXXXXXXX2130 2130+1212=3342 code is 3342
    they told me this works with most hyundai decks from 2002 to now
    Last edited by carjackma; 12-08-11 at 09:10 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

allover (03-12-17),fartymarty (29-11-12),mrngp99 (26-07-12),mrtw (06-12-11)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,882 Times in 1,280 Posts

hi carjackma

On some units you keep pressing preset 1 until the 1st digit is displayed then the same for the 2nd digit using preset 2 and so on

SS Dave

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

carjackma (13-08-11),Godzilla (13-08-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SS Dave View Post
    hi carjackma

On some units you keep pressing preset 1 until the 1st digit is displayed then the same for the 2nd digit using preset 2 and so on

SS Dave
    this is true for the mp3-01 but on the mp3-03 it shows 1cde pressing preset 1 changes from 1cde 2cde 3cde then radio goes off presets 2345 appear to change the code but
    no way of locking it in.
    Last edited by carjackma; 13-08-11 at 10:17 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carjackma View Post
    this is true for the mp3-01 but on the mp3-03 it shows 1cde pressing preset 1 changes from 1cde 2cde 3cde then radio goes off presets 2345 appear to change the code but
    no way of locking it in.
    Try entering the code eg 2345 press presets 2345 then tap the volume button or power.

SS Dave

• The Following User Says Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

carjackma (13-08-11)

Thanks

Try entering the code eg 2345 press presets 2345 then tap the volume button or power.

SS Dave
    will do that now

Thanks

SS Dave
    did as you said but had to press mode at the end all is good now many thanks

• The Following User Says Thank You to carjackma For This Useful Post:

zzzzz (03-12-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks

No Probs glad to help

SS Dave

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

admin (17-10-15),carjackma (13-08-11)

Thanks

if you lose your radio code on your hyundai remove the deck read the last 4 digits of the serial number add 1212 = your code.
    This worked on the g/f's 2008 Getz fitted with mp3-05 radio.-Thanks-Chook

Thanks

Hello There

Does any one know how to retrieve the code for the blaupunkt 2020 stereo in a 2003 barina I changed my battery too .... now no stereo without code ... any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks so much

Thanks

Smile mp3-03 in 06 Tucson

SS Dave
    Hi SS Dave, I'm new to all this threading stuff so my apology's if i'm going about this all wrong. I seen this post above when searching for an answer for the exact same issue as above only my mp3-03 in an 06 Tucson, if that makes any difference or not i'm not sure.

I followed the instructions including tapping the mode button as well but with no result. The entered details just remain on screen with no sign of change when tapping vol/pwr then/or mode buttons. Do you have any other info on what to do an would you know if the ignition has to be in the 'on' position, 'accessories' position or with the car running to make a difference at all.

I am aware this info was posted some time ago so appreciate that you may not be able to help but gratefully received if you can.

Many thanks

The12thman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by the12man View Post
    Hi SS Dave, I'm new to all this threading stuff so my apology's if i'm going about this all wrong. I seen this post above when searching for an answer for the exact same issue as above only my mp3-03 in an 06 Tucson, if that makes any difference or not i'm not sure.

I followed the instructions including tapping the mode button as well but with no result. The entered details just remain on screen with no sign of change when tapping vol/pwr then/or mode buttons. Do you have any other info on what to do an would you know if the ignition has to be in the 'on' position, 'accessories' position or with the car running to make a difference at all.

I am aware this info was posted some time ago so appreciate that you may not be able to help but gratefully received if you can.

Many thanks

The12thman
    enter the code then press mode

Thanks

Cheers for that but no result, turns out (from dealer) for this model anyway, it seems you need to press the '5' button and this worked fine, go figure?
    Many thanks

Thanks

Default Hyundai Getz 2008 - Unlocking Radio Code

Hi all,

Thanks for the tip. I drive a 2008 Getz with mp3-03.

I pressed 2345 followed by "Power" button then Preset "6" and "5" and it worked.

I think Preset 6 and/or 5 are simply the "Enter" button.

It was a little trial and error process to figure what was going on. Entering 2345 followed by 5 simply changed 1CDE to 2CDE etc. I think this simply denotes 1st try, second try and third try. After that the headunit shuts down. I simply disconnected the battery, waited for one minute and reconnected it and the head unit will reboot and give another 3 trys.

Note - No need to remove head unit or add 1212 as suggested in other forums or website.

Hope the information helps.

Thanks

Thanks carjackma, that is what I needed.

I have a 2008 Getz with the mp3-05 radio, and no amount of 2345ing about will fix it. Col Crawford wanted $77 to do this plus extra to take the radio out!

I used the info at

to start with.

It is clear enough in the picture therein, if you alraedy know about it, but I didn't realise that an anternna cable goes into the back immediately above the remote plug. I couldn't find the release for the remote plug.

Fishing the bezel off with a paper clip was easy enough.

Feeling what I thought was the remote cable, I was pretty sure it would be long enough to enable me to slde the radio forward without having to unplug it. This turned out to be the case, even though I was handling the wrong cable. Both cables are long enough.

I used a thin stainless steel rule to release the clips. This was a cheapo rule 0.75mm thick. My other rule was 1mm thick and that appears to be too thick. The former slides right through to the back of the unit, and leaves you in no doubt that it is doing what it is supposed to do.

The barcode and serial number are on a sticker on the top side of the radio.

The code was entered by pushing buttons 1,2,3,4 repeatedly to display the numbers and then, with heart in mouth, I pressed button 5 once. After about two seconds, it worked.

Sliding the radio back home was surprisingly difficult. I believe there is some sort of locating bracket at the back and you need to ensure that the various cables don't get sandwiched between that and the radio.

The Getz seems to have at least two radios. Ours is the MP3-05(G) with bluetooth and all the fruit, as pictured in the link above. It is not the same as the one shown in the manual

Hope this helps, it certainly isn't difficult.
    Last edited by mrngp99; 25-07-12 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks

Smile Thanks for the help

hi all need help (again) I have a 2006 getz witch i changed the battery in and now i have to enter the radio code I have the code but it seems to need some wierd sequence to enter it.its a mp3-03 deck all the google searches have not got me very far I am hoping someone here has one and knows the trick
    any help greatly appreciated.

now ill give back a little info I aquired from my local hyundai dealer for free
    This works on my 2009 Hyundai Getz. Thank you so much as the dealers were of no use in helping. Worked perfectly. Many thanks.
    Jeff

• The Following User Says Thank You to Niknjeff For This Useful Post:

carjackma (13-08-12)

Thanks

CARJACKMA:

Thank you for sharing this information about adding 1212. I used it and succeeded in getting the stereo in my daughter's GETZ 2011working again!

Good job! Cheers mate
    Last edited by calgerard; 26-10-12 at 02:53 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to calgerard For This Useful Post:

carjackma (29-11-12)

Thanks

worked on my 2009 getz. thanks for the info

• The Following User Says Thank You to fartymarty For This Useful Post:

carjackma (29-11-12)

Thanks

Default Hyundai Radio missing code

Hi guys the 1212 does work but there is a catch with some numbers.

Slide out the radio is easy take the two little clips off the glove compartnent so that it opens fully then remove the radio surround slip your hand in the back through the glove compartment opening and also get someone else to slide (i used slim butter knives) in between the side clips on the radio. Gently push out from the back watching not to tug on the cables. I found the right cable was wrapped around the bracket so i simply clicked out the plug the other cabels were long enough. so the serial number is the bar code...look for the last 4 digits. Take a photo...

In my case they were 0658 which caused me some confusion because if you add 1212 simply by adding the numbers like 1 to the 0 = 1 simple then 2 to the 6 = 8 simple then 1 to the 5 = 6 and 2 to the 8 = 0 so i should have 1860 ....which is completely wrong while it might work if you have low numbers you really have to mathmatically add the numbers so 0658 + 1212 actually = 1870 so do the sum rather than simply adding the numbers one on one.

Anyhoo it works fine

with the raidio showing 1 CDE simply use the preset button one to enter the first number if you go past by accident just go up to 9 and back to zero in my case hit the preset button one twice first time it goes zero second it goes one. Then i moved to preset button 2 and hit it until the number on the screen was 8 then preset 3 until it was 7 and then preset 4 until it was 0.....being 1870 when 1870 shows on the screen simply push position 5 button and the radio will change to show Hyundai and then it works fine.

Remember if you do it wrong the code error changes to 2 CDE and then if your wrong again 3 cde last chance the raido will turn off.....lol only for one hour and then you get another three goes. Anyways my son thinks im a genius he now has radio cd, aux, bluetooth and hes smiling.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidanconway View Post
    Remember if you do it wrong the code error changes to 2 CDE and then if your wrong again 3 cde last chance the raido will turn off.....lol only for one hour and then you get another three goes. Anyways my son thinks im a genius he now has radio cd, aux, bluetooth and hes smiling.
    Or you can remove the power to the radio by disconnecting the battery negative terminal for 5 minuets.

Then you get 3 more tries.

SS Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

Thanks

Hi, I have had this problem before and had to get my local mechanic to take out the radio and get the code.
    Had to change the battery the other day but when I try to enter the code the first preset button does nothing, 2 3 and 4 work fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast