Thread: ex SELECT TV and FOXTEL

Thanks

Default ex SELECT TV and FOXTEL

It's geting closer to the end of the deal what Foxtel has offered to old Select TV customers and I wonder what you guys are thinking of doing? I'm happy to continue with Foxtel if they don't change anything ( free add on+ the basic package) but if they want to change that and start charging for the add on I'll consider sending their boxes back. What are your thougths?

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

I suppose it's up to you at the end of the day to decided. I'm going to ask they continue with the Movie Network package as my aniversary is up soon as well. The only extra channel I grabbed was the History channel but I think I've O.D.ed on WW2 stuff now.
    I'll decided then if I need all the crap as it's part of all the freeview channels now. Even some of the Nat Geo stuff is on 7Mate,11, OneHD and then all the sitcoms and series are on the others.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mixclub View Post
    It's geting closer to the end of the deal what Foxtel has offered to old Select TV customers and I wonder what you guys are thinking of doing? I'm happy to continue with Foxtel if they don't change anything ( free add on+ the basic package) but if they want to change that and start charging for the add on I'll consider sending their boxes back. What are your thougths?
    You can try telling Foxtel you want to cancel and see if they offer you any nice deals.

I mainly use Foxtel to get the ABC 24, Ch 7, 9, 10 and the sports channels.

I like watching the Discovery NAt Geo Crime Investigation etc

Only problem is too many crap adverts.

Thanks

I was thinking if more of us try to negotiate as same deal as the first one offered by Foxtel we'll have better odds of geting it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

I was thinking if more of us try to negotiate as same deal as the first one offered by Foxtel we'll have better odds of geting it.
    Unless you have numbers like what selectv had, Foxtel won't want to know about it, so I'd say you are better-off threatening to cancel as an individual subscriber to negotiate a better deal.

Foxtel are known to offer existing customers a teaser to retain them, but only after they request to cancel.

The same thing will apply though, a deal that will only last for a set period of time.

If they don't offer you a deal, then it's up to you.... take what they are offering at the time, or go through with the cancellation.

Banned
    Thanks

I'm like you guys my contract ends 16th September and I will be cancelling from then on.
    Sure I now get free movies but they are nearly all repeats and that's why, and I won't be interested in movies on demand just to get something that I haven't seen before, so it's out for me.

Thanks

I would like to know if any of you (ex Select Tv customers) is going to contact Foxtel after first year deal expires or leave it as it is and wait to see if Fox start to charges extra 16$.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

I would like to know if any of you (ex Select Tv customers) is going to contact Foxtel after first year deal expires or leave it as it is and wait to see if Fox start to charges extra 16$.
    Do you really think Foxtel won't automatically start to charge extra once the contract period is over?

I didn't even bother accepting their deal to begin with, as I couldn't justify having to pay extra to get the same channels I had with selectv.

All an individual choice of course.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Do you really think Foxtel won't automatically start to charge extra once the contract period is over? I didn't even bother accepting their deal to begin with, as I couldn't justify having to pay extra to get the same channels I had with selectv. All an individual choice of course.
    Well if a contract period is over they can charge you any new rates.

It's always a mix of what you are prepared to pay and what is offered.

Thanks

Default Continuing Foxtel

I rang them up, said the contract was about to expire and the new costs were too high. - I stated that if they continued the service "base package plus movies at $42" I would sign up again. They confirmed they would continue at the same price for another 12 months.

• The Following User Says Thank You to heith1 For This Useful Post:

bigfella08 (28-08-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by heith1 View Post
    I rang them up, said the contract was about to expire and the new costs were too high. - I stated that if they continued the service "base package plus movies at $42" I would sign up again. They confirmed they would continue at the same price for another 12 months.
    That's good. I hope Austar do the same.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Banned
    Thanks

Well I've written to them and told them that I don't want it anymore and to not charge me at the end of my contract period, bearing in mind that as my contract ends on the 16th of September and that I've paid for it it advance they can collect their equipment as soon as they like.
    I will keep you posted as to the outcome.

Banned
    Thanks

I received a letter offering me Get Started package at the standard rate , what is probably $42.
    PLUS 1 Extra Channel Pack for 1/2 price for 6 months.

I'm thinking of giving the whole lot the arse, and just wait until one of those New Contracts roll up where you get the first 3 months FREE.
    There may even be one of those contracts advertised at the minute.
    But I wonder if ex-subscribers would qualify?

Thanks

Default my deal with austar.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyPatrol View Post
    That's good. I hope Austar do the same.

Leroy
    They did after threatening to cancel if they didnt offer me the same deal as before .....matter of fact it was a even better deal I got .. they gave me
    $20 OFF... instead of the free movie network for another 12 months .

It now means I can change to the other movie package and still have a bigger saving then before .

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bodgie For This Useful Post:

bigfella08 (28-08-11),LeroyPatrol (23-08-11),wazm (26-08-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    They did after threatening to cancel if they didnt offer me the same deal as before .....matter of fact it was a even better deal I got .. they gave me
    $20 OFF... instead of the free movie network for another 12 months .

It now means I can change to the other movie package and still have a bigger saving then before .
    Is that like a $20 montly discount? That sounds good. I'm sick of the history channel and would like to move from the movie network to showtime just for a change. I have another month to go from memory.

Thanks,
    Leroy

Banned
    Thanks

Wink

Had a phone call this morning from Foxtel asking me why i was not continuing on and i told them that i wasn't interested any more, naturally they wanted to know why and the offered me extra movies over and above the norm at $33.00 a month (with the usual other channels) for 6 months.
    They are going to write to me and will disconnect on the 15th of this month. So if you guys want to carry on i suggest that you get in touch with them and call their bluff if that's what you want to do.
    Last edited by toyboy11; 06-09-11 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks

if foxtel reduce their price by half, they will have as much as four times more customers than what they have now thus double profit than usual. i will be one of them customers. the price and number of customers is inversely proportional meaning if they increase price by 20% they will lose 40% customers

the more they increase the price the less customers they will have.
    Last edited by ozbing; 09-09-11 at 12:04 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ozbing View Post

the more they increase the price the less customers they will have.
    But there is a sweet spot where the Profits are the greatest.
    That is why Prices on Supermarket items continually crawl upwards , and then one day an item is all of a sudden rolled back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moeee View Post
    But there is a sweet spot where the Profits are the greatest.
    But the problem is they don't know the sweet spot. They are just monopoly thinking they can charge whatever they want. Large number of Australian populations are migrants so they are not tempted to pay 10 times more than they pay in their own countries. Take greedy hel$tra, they keep increasing the price. More and more people are switching to voip with naked dsl. I am one of them.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ozbing For This Useful Post:

moeee (09-09-11)