Thread: Vu+ Duo vs Ultraplus X-9200HD

Thanks

Default Vu+ Duo vs Ultraplus X-9200HD

Good to be a part of a great resource in everything Digital TV.

Hope someone can easily answer this question and sorry if it's already been asked, however I can't see a direct comparison in the previous threads.

I've been planning on a Vu+ Duo to use my current Foxtel card in and allow streaming throughout the house on my network, amongst other things.

Could someone give me the Pros/Cons to why I would go with the Ultraplus X-9200HD, right now it's brand new, doesn't have anywhere near as much support as the Vu+ Duo. So if I decide to delve into other cards etc. which one will give me the best support and compatibility for future needs?

Cheers in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Depends how much you want to get involved, the vu duo is more advanced box where the end user has more control. The X-9200HD is the new replacement for the F9000.

Setting up a home sharing network with Ultraplus boxes is the easiest thing to do. Configuring a home network sharing setup using a vu duo is more involved and requires more knowledge. In saying this it gives you great reward once you achieve this.

I own a vu duo and a f9000, I choose to use the vu duo as my watching box and the f9000 is stored away. The f9000 got me started and the vu duo has been good, I cannot compare the X-9200HD as I do not own one.

Configuring and updating an ultraplus box is very straight forward, these boxes are designed for the novice user. I've only ever seen one person complain about the vu duo.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Here's a thread with the pro's and con's between the the UltraPlus F-9000 and the Vu+duo.

The 9200 is the replacement that was released recently and the main differences are the plugin tuners so you can mix and match satellite, cable and terrestrial tuners, use of 2.5" hard drives, and the FreeTV+ addons.
    Most cards work in the slot of the UltraPlus where you may have issues with some that require 'tweak' in the slot of the Vu.
    The UltraPlus also blindscans and it's fast like the 980.

Leroy
    Last edited by LeroyPatrol; 21-08-11 at 10:52 AM.
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

• The Following User Says Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

johnwinger (21-08-11)

Thanks

Default Vu + Duo and Pox*card

John,
    Are you using a Poxtel or Pox* card ?
    I have a Pox* and had success with the Ultraplus 9000 however couldnt use the second tuner due to the IRDETO set up .

Any ideas if the VU would be better ??

Cheers Ramp

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rampant1 View Post
    John,
    Are you using a Poxtel or Pox* card ?
    I have a Pox* and had success with the Ultraplus 9000 however couldnt use the second tuner due to the IRDETO set up .

Any ideas if the VU would be better ??

Cheers Ramp
    That really doesn't make sense because Foxtel use NDS and has nothing to do with Irdeto and shouldn't have a problem.

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS