Thread: Recommendations for C Band Equipment and or Install Work

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Recommendations for C Band Equipment and or Install Work

Just had a call from the Missus's Aunt looking for advice on where to go to get a C Band Satellite setup to get RAI. Spoke to the cousin who was at home and he is keen to do it himself as he has tuned or set one with a friend in the past.

Is anyone here able to recommend any C Band Satellite suppliers in the west or North of Melbourne ?

It also looks like they are also keen to have two Set Top Boxes in different rooms so I would assume a dual C Band LNB would be needed ?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,078 Times in 6,766 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by checkitout View Post
    Just had a call from the Missus's Aunt looking for advice on where to go to get a C Band Satellite setup to get RAI. Spoke to the cousin who was at home and he is keen to do it himself as he has tuned or set one with a friend in the past.

Is anyone here able to recommend any C Band Satellite suppliers in the west or North of Melbourne ?

It also looks like they are also keen to have two Set Top Boxes in different rooms so I would assume a dual C Band LNB would be needed ?

You could try Aussie Satellite in Campbellfield.

Thanks

Also try Ozsat at 794 High St Thornbury Victoria. See:

Kind Regards

Mark

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

+1 for Aussie satellite services in Campbellfield.

Very hard to beat his prices.

Premium Member
    Thanks

A quick look at Ozsat in Thornbury looks good... much cheaper than Aussie Sat -

I am not sure if it's an apples for apples comparison however I thought if your get an heavy duty 2.3 or 2.4 metre from both locations and Ozsat is cheaper surely that will be OK?

Thanks guys anyway for your input

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

Id go visit both and compare HD dishes.

Ive seen some advertise HD and it was the basic duty dish.

Its been a while since i last compared but ive caught out one supplier once adverting HD but supplying standard duty, when i pointed it out he told me i was after the Extra Heavy duty dish. LOL

Thanks

A quick look at Ozsat in Thornbury looks good... much cheaper than Aussie Sat -.....Thanks guys anyway for your input
    While not wanting to get into a who's cheaper discussion. I've purchased from Ozsat and were very happy with their Service and price. They were much cheaper for the Azureshine KU 120CM Satellite Dish at $140. See:

As opposed to $220 at Aussie Sat. See:

Certainly all Ozsat's Ku-Band Satellite Dishes are cheaper for the same Brand & model than Aussie Sat. But they might not be for a C-Band Satellite Dish. You would have to do a direct comparision to make sure you were getting the same type etc.

Kind Regards

Mark

Thanks

Checkitout,

if my family is anything to go by then RAI will be on 24/7 and the other channels may as well not exist. With that in mind it may be easier to wire only one set top box, via a single LNB and connect a video sender to one of the outputs (I connected composite to the sender and component to the prime TV) . Then receivers can be connected to as many downstream TV's as you want. This procedure does cost a bit more but it gives you the freedom of hooking up a TV in any room at any time. I posted a diagram here:

I hope that helps.
    OC